** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Houston Open

Bamford

The Masters curtain-raiser, the Houston Open takes place this week. The starter-course before we dine at Augusta National, this tournament at the GC of Houston is played on a long par 72 which features hybrid Bermudagrass with Bentgrass greens. It's a track where straight, long driving is a huge advantage and with a driveable par-4 and a tough set of par-5s which always ranks as some of the toughest on the PGA Tour, including Major courses; having an aggressive streak with 2nd shots is 100% critical here. We also need to take note of the market-leaders as no elite player - apart from J.B. Holmes (who had just finished 2nd at the WGC-Cadillac) - has one this since 2011. I can see Fowler and Spieth desperately trying to gain form here and Stenson ploughing on nicely on the basis that he isn't a factor at Augusta. I'd be majorly surprised if Rose or Mickelson threaten on Sunday.

So I'm looking for aggressive sorts who will be solely focused on delivering a strong result at a tournament where the actual field strength is pretty low. So I'm with Daniel Berger (28/1), Luke List (33/1), Russell Henley (33/1) and Luke List (66/1). 

Football is my main game but with it being a relatively quiet week I've had chance to delve in to some golf betting for the first time in a while.

In golf I like to keep things simple; I look for current & course form using my own 'adjusted par' ratings for each tournement to identify potential wagers.

Luke List ticks both boxes for me; in his previous 4 tournements he's been -5.5, -2.8, -12.8 and -1.2 on my adjusted par ratings and scored -11.6 and -0.9 on his previous 2 visits to the track.

He's available at 25/1 with Skybet paying 8-places (Best price 28/1)