Racing Chat - Wednesday June 14th

450 Worcester:

Saffron Wells NAP 9/4 Betfair
Neil King has his runners in good nick at the minute and can add to his tally here with Saffron Wells. He was once rated 135 over hurdles and is still a useful sort in his own grade. he really should be able to win in a claimer of this nature where the weights are in his favour.

7.55 Hamilton - Sandgate - 66/1 - various bookies

This is going to require an almighty leap of faith having been sent off at 100/1 and 150/1 on his last two starts and I'll probably look stupid for posting this tomorrow when it gets beaten out of sight but I think there's a tiny glimmer of hope (if you look back far enough!!). The last time Sandgate ran on the flat on turf was all the way back in August 2015. He finished 4th that day off a mark of 60. Since that run he has been mainly campaigned over hurdles and was pretty consistent throughout 2016 and ended up running off 102 as a career high. He has had two flat runs recently but they have been on the all weather. Both those runs were off 54 and he was well beaten. Has been dropped a further 6 lbs as a result and runs off 48 tomorrow - 12lbs lower than his last flat turf mark and 8lbs lower than his last winning mark. That's pretty much what I'm pinning my hopes on and as I say it could well be that the horse has well and truly regressed and will have to keep on dropping even further in the handicap before he wins another race, if that day ever comes at all.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.