** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Midweek > Nov 22nd

StevieDay1983

conferencenational.jpg.b2f6b17d2cd01603econferencen.jpg.82a1e1119c460d1bcb1b1bd7conferences.jpg.274a5061fafb1c8769d6b53f

Some midweek non-league action this week! Always a treat on a Tuesday. A few people probably got stung by the Forest Green Rovers defeat so a quick chance to bounce back. Lincoln City, Tranmere, and Barrow are certainly the teams to back right now. It will be interesting to see how Forest Green Rovers do against Tranmere. No time to dwell on the weekend defeat.

Boreham Wood v Sutton

I have written (and profited from) about Sutton’s awful away form in the National League this season and that certainly continued on Saturday as they were the first team to lose to North Ferriby in 10 matches. They were poor as well and with Boreham Wood quietly moving into 8th place in the table after a good win over Southport on Saturday, a home win looks the most likely scenario here. Sometimes teams can bounce back from poor efforts, but Wood have only conceded 6 times at home all season and it doesn’t look an obvious fixture for Sutton to improve their away form. Marathon’s 13/10 looks a big price about a home win.

Maidstone v Dagenham & Redbridge

Dagenham are prone to the odd disastrous result (mostly when I have tipped them up) as their 5-0 defeat to Gateshead just over a week ago showed. Those results will stop them from winning the league, but they should surely be odds on shots to win this. In typical style the only time Maidstone have won at home in their last 8 league games was when I was on Macclesfield to beat them, but as that stat shows their 3G pitch doesn’t seem to hold an advantage for them. They are bottom of the 8 game form table and were well beaten 3-0 by Woking on Saturday. They are in dreadful form at the moment and it is only a good start to the season that still means they have a 6 point gap from the relegation zone. Like I say Dagenham should be odds on shots and Marathon’s 13/10 is way too big in my view.

York City v Lincoln

York were the team that Dagenham beat on Saturday and that meant it was 12 National League games since they last picked up 3 points. I think there has been a little bit of improvement, but they are now in the relegation zone after 20 matches and the squad just don’t look anywhere near good enough. Lincoln meanwhile produced an incredible result in the live game on BT Sport on Saturday. They came from 2-0 down to beat league leaders Forest Green 3-2 with their final 2 goals coming in the 89th and 91st minutes. That result was massive, but it is vital for their title chances that they back that up with a win against a team who have gone so long without a victory. The manner of that win should certainly be a huge plus and with Marathon going a shade of odds against an away win is well worth backing.

Tamworth v Stockport

The Non League Paper wrote an article on Tamworth’s recent good form last week and it mentioned that no one had tipped them up to be promotion contenders this season. That wasn’t strictly true though as along with Fylde they were my recommended bets at the start of the season. Tamworth have now won five on the bounce and that has included beating two of the current top three in the table. Chorley who are in 2nd are the only team to come away from Tamworth with 3 points this term and inconsistent Stockport are going to find this tough. Unless they can sneak into the play-offs it already looks like Stockport are going to have another season at this level and their disappointing defeat to Bradford on Saturday sums up their time in this league so far. At BetVictor’s 6/5 there is just enough in the price to back a home win.

Tonbridge Angels v Merstham

My Nap’s on Saturday were Staines to beat Merstham which they did with ease. The main reason I made Staines the Nap’s was because of Merstham’s shocking away form. They have only picked up two points on their travels and scored just three goals in the process. Tonbridge have been struggling for wins in recent weeks, which was rather surprising as they looked possible title contenders prior to the dip in form. However they got a fantastic win against Needham Market on Saturday as that was their first defeat in 8 games and it will be disappointing if they did follow that up with another 3 points here. Marathon’s 19/20 looks a fair price.

Barrow v Guiseley and Cinderford v Chippenham

A short price double to end things which pays around 6/4 with Bet365. I chanced Guiseley at the weekend despite the fact they have only picked up one point away from home all season, as I thought Dover might be vulnerable after their FA Cup match on Thursday. In the end Dover had more than enough to win and Barrow, who are unbeaten in 18 matches, really should pick up another 3 points. Cinderford haven’t improved for a change of manager and they are already detached at the bottom of the Evo-Stik Southern Premier. Chippenham are currently in 2nd and thrashed the team directly above Cinderford, Cambridge City, 5-0 on Saturday. 6/4 for both Barrow and Chippenham to win looks a good price.