** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Thursday Racing

7.20 Sandown Park

Frontiersman 13/8 Hills

Decent contest at Sandown on Thursday night and i like the look of the Godolphin runner Frontiersman ridden by William Buick who hasn't wasted anytime getting back amongst the winners since his ban ended.

This horse beat Makzeem at Newbury last time out quite comfortably and that horse has since bolted up at Windsor. This is tougher but he's only had two starts and is sure to improve again and i'd be surprised if anything can beat him on these terms and i think his opening handicap mark of 90 is about right for now.

220 Haydock Park

Mubtasim 6/4 Skybet

Looks a 2 horse race on paper and Mubtasim is taken to get the better of the Johnston horse Town Charter.

Trained by Willie Haggas who is in terrific form at present he easily beat Jumira Bridge on his debut at Yarmouth a month ago. 

Town Cahrter won easily at Ayr but that was on soft ground and wasn't so good earlier when the going was similar to here and amy need a bit of cut to show his best.

Well yesterday proved again interesting at Kempton Zarliman travelled really well but found nothing off the bridle and he wasn’t the only one last night to empty very quickly despite travelling well. The surface is clearly hard work at currently but West Coast Flyer did win nicely at 9/2 and looks a real AW improver looks the sort to do well in the AW series over the winter.

6.10 Wolverhampton

Hugh Taylor got there before me this morning with this selection, Andalusite was looking a big price earlier having drifted out to a double figure price but is still perfectly backable at current prices.

She got stuck in the mud at Leicester on handicap debut, much better latest at Chelmsford on AW debut. Up 3lb for that effort having pulled nicely clear of the 3rd but still looks improving and well treated, the form of that race hasn’t worked out that well but she is still lightly raced and could easily improve past most of these.

2pt win Andalusite 6/1 coral

9.20 Wolverhampton

Cool Music has been in good form recently and only narrowly beaten last week over CD and the 4th has since won at Chelmsford to suggest that form is reasonable. Races off the same mark today and is a 1lb ahead of the handicap with first time cheekpieces on tonight likely to bring out that little bit extra.

2pt win Cool Music 15/8 bet365

7.30 Newcastle: Dream Team @ 20/1 Betfred

The odds-on favourite might be hard to beat but I take a chance on Michael Dods colt who did show little on his debut but now switches to the All-Weather which should very much suit on pedigree. Worth a chance today. 

8.25 Sandown: Fidelma Moon @ 7/2 Coral

This horse is quite consistent, running well this year most of the time, without quite cracking it. Will go up in the weights in the future for a recent runner-up effort and should go close here today once more. Burke/Vaughan enjoy quite some success when they team up at Sandown and it looks significant that the young rider goes there for only this one ride.

5.45 Leopardstown - Lancaster Bomber e/w @ 8/1 Bet365

Some useful types in here but I think the Aidan O'Brien 2nd string is a cracking e/w bet. Donnacha O'Brien takes over in the saddle from his sister which is a plus while the faster ground should really help this War Front colt. With one run under his belt he should improve significantly given the yard and he has a great chance of placing at least.

8.35 Leopardstown - Crocodile Shoes @ 9/2 Coral

This looks a wide open affair and it's tough to rule out any of them. I like the Aidan O'Brien trained Crocodile Shoes though at the prices. The favourite Ex Patriot looks a bit exposed and A Shin Kildare couldn't win a poor Galway maiden when likely laid out for it being from the Weld yard. Crocodile Shoes should improve a ton from the experience and that should put him right in there with a chance.