** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

THE BIG ONE

waggy

Starting with £1500 the thread will have bets of either £100, £200 or a maximum £300. All sports will be covered. Bets will usually be posted before noon and hopefully at least one hours notice will be given. The thread will end when either a £3000 profit is made or the bank is lost.

Edited by waggy

Waggy, I was genuinely heading to your other thread - the 'new car' one - to praise you for surprising me by sticking to your strict betting rules so far and to urge you to keep it up. However, on the way I spot this thread which is clearly a not-so-subtle way of getting around your own betting rules.

Given what you have said previously about what age you are, I wonder do you have children and grandchildren? I worry about the increasing amounts of money that could be spent on them - or if not, spent on yourself - that you seem to be flushing away. £300+ a go, is an awful lot of money to be throwing away and you may perhaps try and convince us of how rich you are and that this money is insignificant to you, but I don't think anyone in that position would need to be trying these types of bets in the first place, let alone documenting them on an internet forum. I assume, like the rest of us, that £300 is a fair sum of money to you.

I'll hold my hands up to being a bit of a gambling addict who loses far more than I should but I think I'm aware of my issues and try really hard to learn from my mistakes. Your losses seem to be compounded by a delusion and an arrogance that for some reason you are able to 'beat the system' when sadly the results do not back this belief up in any way. 

Again, if any of what I have said is incorrect, then please use it as extra motivation and prove me wrong. I'm not 'trolling' or being abusive, my concerns come from a good place, I don't think concern for someone's financial situation and family can really be construed as trolling or abusive/offensive! 

Edited by potus

Result: Paire lost 1-2, LOST £300

Bank now £1075

The clay Sock has been winning on in America is reported to be quicker than in Europe and as he was coming off a break I thought the slower clay usually in Madrid would be in Paire's favour. This seemed to be right when he easily one the 1st set. Perhaps it was quicker than usual Aldric and Sock got back into it and won a 3rd set tie break.