** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

There's one word I certainly have learned about poker

Sir Puntalot

Re: There's one word I certainly have learned about poker Absolultely Paul..Poker novice myself,but it seems having the discipline to click on the fold button at least 70% of the time and watch other players rip each other to bits gets you a good run for your money in tournaments anyway.:)

Re: There's one word I certainly have learned about poker I have found Patience is something you need bags of in this game ; I always have music on when playing poker to help me from getting bored and playing too many hands Annoying at first when some smart arse starts typing that you keep folding and got no bottle, but you are just about guarenteed to be still in the tourney long after their gone if you stick to your game.

Re: There's one word I certainly have learned about poker I agree with listening to music, but if you are doing something else ie player football manager etc... then you aint paying attention to how the other players play. I find it helps to study how the table and players are playing.

Re: There's one word I certainly have learned about poker I agree about the patience thing totally, you need bags of it to play properly in a full handed ring game. Personally I always have music on when im playing...but I try to keep to a max of two tables at once so I can pay attention to everything. Thats not to say it is impossible to do well without being eagle eyed, I see some of the greatest net players on up to 12 tables at once sometimes! I would highly recommend it tho. Jez

Re: There's one word I certainly have learned about poker To stop getting bored I play 0.05/0.10 Limit at Sporting Odds. If you play over 3000 hands a month they give you $100.00. I normally play 2/3 tables at a time. So far I've made about 75% profit on each of my monthly bonus. Helps pass the time and I've had free money for the last 4 months.