Now as we all know, accas of all kinds are not really advised. Ive decided though to attempt a "lay acca". I was going to post about this on Chala's thread but decided not to intrude. Ive actually started this and am on stage 3 but Ill start from stage 1 on here. The plan is to lay a number of horses and hopefully take advantage of the possible "winning" streaks you can have when laying.(see Chala's thread, 9 in a row :ok ) Using Chala's lays as an example, from 20pts you would now have 166pts, 146pt profit. Now I know it may be optimistic but Ive spent a fair time experimenting with laying horses and I know that decent streaks are definatly achieveable. My tactic is going to be to lay a horse to lose 20pts. If for example this makes me a profit of 5pts then the next lay will be to lose 25pts and so on. Three successful lays should double my bank. After this point I will extract the original 20pt stake and continue with the rest. This means that after the 1st three lays Ill be gambling with pure profit. As of yet I dont have any fixed stop gaps but if I get a good run going I may well secure some profits , whilst continuing with the rest. At the moment Im having to do extra hours at work due to being shortstaffed so Im not around during racing hours. As I cant pre-place a lay acca I have to know the result of one race before laying the next. This means at the moment they'll only be one lay a day. This may change once I get more available time. The horses Ill be laying will be mostly qualifiers from my Racing Post ratings system and general handicap faves which also seem to have a poor winning record from previous experience. 1st lay will mostly likely be tomorrow and will be up before 2.30pm. All profit will be quoted as after comission.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Lay Acca Sorry for no warning on that post but was a last minute decision as it was. Only just got it on in time. Lay 3 4.45 Haydock - Goose Chase @ 5.5 Lay to lose 33.73pts Result: 3rd Profit:7.12pts This now takes us to 40.85pts profit. So now I will retract the 20pt stake and secure that and continue with the remaining 20.85pts. Attempt 1: -20pts Attempt 2: +20.85pts(stake secured)

Re: Lay Acca Yes well done with your smart recovery. A bold bid to lay the Stoute horse I thought but well done! I am trying something similar with favourites to place. I'm attempting to get £20 up to £500 from 8 successful bets @ 1.50 on the exchanges ;-) I shall be watching with interest Good luck Danny

Re: Lay Acca Well it made me sweat a bit but we just about managed to get today's selection beat. I dont want too many getting that close though. Lay 7 8.00 Newbury - Karliyna @ 3.5 Lay to lose 43.60pts Result: 2nd Profit:16.57pts We're now upto 60pts profit on attempt 2. Im going to play it safe/chicken at this point and bank 20pts and continue with the rest. This means attempt 2 has made a guaranteed profit of 20pts and makes the system level overall. Attempt 1: -20pts Attempt 2: +20pts, 40.17pts still running

Re: Lay Acca Well done mate, you're doing well. It's a shame I have to work in a place which doesn't have the internet otherwise I'd follow you in on some of these. Keep it up. Danny

Re: Lay Acca Im having the work problem too mate. Ive been off for a year but Im back doing nights at Laddies for some extra/secure cash. Some days I start at 4:30pm, like today, so I get a little chance to get involved. Others I start at 2:45pm so I only really get to play the one horse. That might be a good thing from here on in, means Ill have to stay disciplined with only 1 pick a day.