Saturday Racing - Feb 20th (Inc. Ascot Chase)

grounds playing a big part at the moment ...lots of horses even failing to get round ....gonna make for some interesting form lines going into chelt because i dont think they will hold up once the ground goes back to some normality .....average big race recently has been 30 secs below standard so bog like conditions and chelt races are averagely run in 4 secs outside standard ........huge difference but will most likely mean there will be some fab bets on horses that havent really shown their true colours of late so will be overpriced later once they get their conditions ...anyway back to this race 

silvinaco conti    99.56

ma filleille          99.54 

these two are a bit in front of the rest under these conditions ....silninaco conti is obviously coming to full speed now getting ready for the festival so youd expect a huge run now and at his best few are able to go with him but ma filleuille will be no push over with near optimal conditions ......has learned a lot over last 12 months and should be close to the real deal now so could easily be capable of giving silvinaco conti a run for his money .....decent prices on offer so ill try and squeeze a bit out 

silvinaco conti  6 pts win 3/1 boyles

ma filleille    4 pts win 7/1 bet365 

• BillyHills changed the title to Saturday Racing - Feb 20th (Inc. Ascot Chase)

Put all the races for Saturday together.:ok

2.40 Haydock : National Trial

Verdict:

I’m quite happy to take on the favourite Mountainous here, I just don’t think this is his track and represents poor value as a result. My main hope is Gas Line Boy for Jim Best, he was travelling supremely well last time here before coming down and you will need that type of horse in these conditions. My other choice is Broadway Buffalo; he was made favourite for this race last year and has done nothing wrong since. He has the right sort of weight and has had a nice break since his run in France and will be fresher than most for what will be a very tough test.

Selections:

Gas Line Boy 10/1 Ladbrokes

Broadway Buffalo 12/1 Bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.