My first pre flop all in

mrmuzeman

No limit cash game $0.25/0.50, max buy in $50. Decided to try my luck at William Hill as have been playing exclusively at Ladbrokes so far. Trying to come across a table with high % players seeing flop and I find one with 70%! Definitely going there ;) It was crazy compared to the labrokes tables ive been on, quite a few flops with EVERY1 involved. After some 15 minutes I pick up KK (yes KK again! :unsure) :puke 2 people call (standard!) round to me. I raise to $3. Didnt want all and sundry to call me :loon. Get 1 caller first to my left then a couple fold then A RAISE to $6, then an original caller called the RE-RAISE!!! :eek There was already a little over $20 in the pot and I had about $40 left infront of me. I thought sod this the mentalists Im going for it (as only aces beat me and I very much doubt there out there). ALL IN. If I take it down here and now (chance would be a fine thing) then thats fine a nice pot anyway. I get 1 caller (the re-raiser who put in the $6) and what did he have? No not AA I hear you cry but 63s! Suited clubs, I mean what the?? Flop came - 2 9 J - BUT all CLUBS :puke:puke :puke Sick as a dog. :\ :( :cry :wall BUT (as you do when you badly need to hit a card) I glance to my now busted KK.....yes one of them IS A CLUB Turn 10 River - QUEEN OF CLUBS!!!!!!! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy Dont you just love poker? :lol Phewy

Re: My first pre flop all in I dont fault the guy for calling with 63c because if your hooping it up with AK hes not a massive dog, figured he can get away from it if it misses, but maybe figured if he makes a straight or some such it will be well hidden and he can take a big pot. However Reraising, and then calling all in is just retarded. Glad the kings held up. This is where player notes come in real handy though. I dont know if Will Hills have em but when you notice a player is exceptionally strong, or exceptionally weak I like to add a brief note, maybe with the hand that just played out as an example. That way should you end up playing them again you know if you should avoid them, or get stuck into them Just remember - even crappy players can make a full house sometimes :)