An idea for the next PL Poker Season

equinoxx

Here is an idea I would like to throw by you for the next tournament wherever it is going to be played. With the points all being given for entering, coming third, first, reaching the last table etc we have forgotten to bring something else in that could spice up the points table and the fun of the game a little more and these are Bounty Points. Each game the person who won the previous game is the hunted and the person who knocks them out gets an extra 3 points ot something. If the person who is the bounty is able to win the game and thus not get knocked out then he or she gets the points, What do you guys think?

Re: An idea for the next PL Poker Season Sounds a good idea to me Equinoxx. Topnotch did bring up this idea on a previous thread but think he just wanted me out of the tournament. See what other punters think but personally I think its a good idea. The point structure would have to be sorted out by those in charge but 3 points sounds reasonable enough to me. Put it to the vote everyone

Re: An idea for the next PL Poker Season Another option for the Bounty thing would be that the League leader could be the Bounty? Dunno if this would be better or worse or fairer or unfairer than putting the bounty on the previous winner? I think the buy-in is just right, would a rebuy option extend the length of the tournaments coz I think it's just about right at the minute? I like Paradise's interface better than some I've played recently, although I know there were a few timing problems during the season. So my vote is to stick with Paradise.

Re: An idea for the next PL Poker Season Personally I think we should go to Ladbrokes in regards to the tournies in the future. I havent played many but its the best site ive seen and I think many already have accounts there. I think the bounty idea is a good one. It should be the winner from the previous tourny for sure though. NOT the overall league leader cos thats unfair if they keep getting hounded! Although I did knock Doddsy out last nite so maybe it should be the leader :lol (Revenge for the earlier A10 beating my pocket 10s ;)) If anyone needs any help in organising tournaments or working out points for placings etc I'm willing to help

Re: An idea for the next PL Poker Season I'm not a fan of Paradise Poker either so moving the comp gets my vote, though I'll go along with whatever site suits the majority ..................... after all we do want as many PL members as possible taking part :ok I'm not fussed about the League/points/bonus structure, so whatever is chosen is fine with me.:D Not really a great fan of rebuys and never play them, I always think it reduces the skill level and adds a bit more random chance ......................... I much prefer the freezout games. The PL tournaments have a great atmosphere and I don't see how rebuys can be anything but detrimental to it :\ . It would also extend the length of the tournament significantly. I'm happy with the buy-in level, but if people want to lower it ............ then well, Ok. I think of the PL games differently than I would normal tournaments. Its a fun evening, where I enjoy the competition, rather than think about the prize pool (It is nice to get in the money though;) ) My game has improved a lot since we started the first PL tournament (I played extremely tightly for the first few comps as I didn't want to make an arse of myself in front of all the forum members:lol ) and seeing how good players played their hands in the PL tournaments taught me a lot. The 1st PL league was a great success............... Congratulations to Doddsy in being the first PL Poker Champion :clap :clap :clap and thanks to Billy and Jez for organisating the tournaments and keeping the league table updated etc.:clap :clap :clap Whatever location/format we decide I'm looking forward to the next competition starting. :ok

Re: An idea for the next PL Poker Season Thanks to everyone for taking part in the first Punters Lounge poker season and especially to Billy and Jez for organising them all.:clap Happy to go with any site for future tournaments, easy enough to open up new accounts. Haven't played on Ladbrokes but the majority seem to think this is the best software so happy to go with that. Don't really fancy the idea of rebuys though, much prefer freezeouts but that's just me personally. Thanks to everyone for their congratulations as well, I look forward to defending my title next season.:D

Re: An idea for the next PL Poker Season Personally I would vote for a change of site and I would also like the games to be played more regularly, perhaps one a week. I feel that they are about right as they are and I too view them differently to any other game I play and would like to play more often. 10$ is about right and the length too, especially if you get knocked out early and want to watch the rest of the game. So the only thing I would like to change is a move to Ladbrokes/Bet365/Betfair(If they do private tables and also freerolls for us)

Re: An idea for the next PL Poker Season The "bounty hunter" idea is good...why not whoever is top of the league before going into that game has the bounty placed on them? Betfair would be a good idea seeing as they are giving us 1k :clap but I dont think they do private tourneys? It seems we are all moving to ladbrokes or bet365....lets try ladbrokes first, has anyone tried setting up a private tourney there yet? I would say rebuys are a bad idea for a PL tourney btw...and I think the entry fee is fine as it is. Everyones comments appreciated guys so keep em coming. Jez

Re: An idea for the next PL Poker Season I only played in the last PL tourney, so my views shouldn't count as much as those of the regulars. I have no strong opinions on which site we use. I'd vote against rebuys. The bounty idea sounds fun, as long as the number of points you win is relatively small compared to what you get for a high finish: three points sounds fine. And how about 3 points for anybody who wins a pot against Jezza with 72o? happy.gif

Re: An idea for the next PL Poker Season Why not tell Betfair that, in appreciation of their sponsorship, we would hold the PL tourneys there if they did start offering private tourneys? Even if it's too much bother for them to introduce them, it would let them know we appreciate the sponsorship, which can't be a bad thing to do.

Re: An idea for the next PL Poker Season It is possible to make private tourneys on betfair.. Just mail them: [email protected] I have had made 1 there.. I think there was some trouble with it.. But im danish, so they problebly didnt get my accent. :rollin The software and layout is okay at betfair.. Some of my problems was that they didnt put the tourney up for registration, when they promised they would. So had to mail, them to get it up.. And also they made an error in the prize money table.. I wanted 3 prizes with 10 players, and 5 prizes for 20players and so on.. But we only got 3 prizes even though we were 28.. (the winners didnt mind that). :loon The next private im setting up, is going to be with ladbrokes, or the software behind, bet365,expekt,nordicbet, gaming club.. (also easier).. / cains

Re: An idea for the next PL Poker Season It should be possible to arrange at betfair as there is a private tables area in the multi tournaments section. However betfair does have a poor reputation for frequent crashes and there was recently a thread by Winty1 who had a bad experience there.

Re: An idea for the next PL Poker Season I'm in agreement with Jezza regarding keeping the stakes at $10 for the next tourney, I'm not at a level where I can think of winning one yet, but I don't mind chucking a fiver away for the 'craic' that goes on, really enjoyed the only one I played in, can't do saturday nights at the moment, being a cabbie it is my main breadwinning night, but am flexible enough to try and play in all others , so hopefully will try and manage a 66% turnout for the next one. Back to stakes, if it were increased to $20 I would be more inclined to pass , 6 or 7 is $150 with house rakes, which is over 25 $5 stt's which is where I am more comfortable playing at the moment and holding my own.

Re: An idea for the next PL Poker Season i also say 10$ tourneys.. Even though i have played higher and won higher than that. I think this should still mainly be fun and friendship, and accessible for everyone on here that wants to.. And with 10$ it is.. / cains