** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

8-45 Doncaster - Ghurra

I just heard Willie Carson mention that he`d spoken to Willie Supple as he was getting into his car to go and ride Ed Dunlops Ghurra in the last race tonight at Doncaster. Now Goodwood to Donny is over 220 miles for goodness sakes !:eek Anybody think this is significant ?, I don`t bat an eyelid usually if it`s one of the big guns jumping in a copter, but surely Willie Supple wouldn`t go all that way if he didn`t think he`d pick up some decent wages for his effort, and the stable is doing pretty well too at the moment which is a bonus. The post have priced it at 10/1 Betfair have it at 10.5 for the win and 3.15 for the place at the moment, i`ll be keeping a track on that.

Re: 8-45 Doncaster - Ghurra The horse is owned by Hamdan Al Maktoum who retains Richard Hills as his first jockey. Willie Supple rides as second jockey in the same way McEvoy rides the Godolphin horses that Dettori's not on. So I suppose if the boss says your off to Donny for one ride then to Donny you go. It was reported that after she won FTO at Yarmouth that they were going to put her in the Cheveley Park Stakes, I don't know if they did but they must have thought something about her. She was then about 7l behind Suez in a Salisbury Listed race & finished the season fourth in a Newmarket nursery when possibly unsuited by the soft ground. Showed up well FTO this season for about 5f when 6l behind Crosspeace over 7f at Newmarket & should improve for that. There's a few in here that could be anything, Bobski's won two from two on the AW, Vanadium has only run once & won a Nottingham maiden but is entered in the St James's Palace which could mean something or nothing. With runners from Johnston, Channon, Barry Hills & Loder as well this is a really tricky race. The one thing with the Makthoum horses is that you know that it'll be trying. Best of luck, Rio.

Re: 8-45 Doncaster - Ghurra Thanks for the info Ian/Andy - put up 3.60 @ BDQ for your jolly to place and never though I'd get matched as it started shortening @ BF when I was going out for a smoke. Smallish stake like you, but a winner's a winner anyway:)