Coral welsh national

Huge race to tackle so I thought id post prelim ratings and people can post any thoughts about race in here 

Ive currently put top 42 runners into comp and its thrown out this ...

Sego success   14/1   99.46 

Cogry       9/1     99 .38

Red devil lads    16/1   99.36

The last samurai   16/1  99.36 

Interesting figures and plenty of value currently on offer ...I initially like the look of the top three here ....especially cogry ...who looks the perfect type ....but sego success last run reads very well ....and red devil lads has been running well recently too ...  not so sure about last samurai ....hes prob weakest of quartet as hes penalised quite heavy and mark of 144 is a touch high but still possibiltys and cant be ruled out at this stage 

Full Preview Here

Verdict:

I’m going for two against the filed here with such a large turnout and for the first one

I’m plumping for Cogry from the Twiston-Davies yard who have won this race a couple of times in the past. I think he’s still improving over fences and wants a real good test of stamina to bring out the best in him. I reckon he could turn out to be a proper National type in time.

I was originally going to go for Mountainous but although the yard has had a winner recently they have also had a couple of poor shows from decent chasers and I’m going to opt out this time. Instead i’m going for a Philip Hobbs runner, he has three in at the moment and I like Return Spring of the trio, he loves the soft ground and is well handicapped.

Selections:

Cogry 9/1 with William Hill

Return Spring 20/1 Skybet

Last years race;

https://youtu.be/PJkYLiwy1r0

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.