Raked Hand Requirement

mrmuzeman

Hi Guys, Wanting to play in the raked hand freeroll at ladbrokes for the poker cruise each week. You have to have played 250 raked hands in the previous 7 days to be eligible. How long roughly do you think this will take? Im not used to playing cash games so am not sure, usually do buy in tournies you see. Obviously it depends on your type of play and cards but in general I am a pretty tight player looking for non-junk starting hands. Any ideas? I hoping only about 4 of 5 hours but fear it could be many more and I'm not sure if I want to be devoting that much time to my cash game just yet. Also do the blinds count? For instance if I folded a small blind would that be a raked hand? I have contributed to the pot afterall. Also do hands have to see the flop to be taken as raked hands? Also does anyone know if you have to play certain stakes to be eligible? For instance you must play in $0.50/$1 or above. Info much appreciated, thanx :)

Re: Raked Hand Requirement Im my experiances you play about 50-60 raked hands an hour. Obviously you wont be playing all 50 - 60 hands yourself. Also not all hands you play in will be raked hands. if everyone folds and the BB takes the pot then that would be a non raked hand. Also check on the site if they have a requirement on the tables you have to play on. Hopefully not but they might stipulate that the raked hands are on the $1/2 tables. Hope this helps for now.

Re: Raked Hand Requirement If I remember correctly there is no minimum stake level to be eligible for your raked hands to qualify for the freerole. But one thing to remember is that the minimum rake to be counted as a "Raked hand" is $0.25. Which means that the pot must be at least $5 to qualify. If you are playing for higher stakes, then nearly every pot will automatically count as a raked hand. If on the other hand you are playing $0.05/0.1, or $0.1/0.2, you can play quite a lot of hands that don't count. $.25/0.5 would probably be the absolute minimum level that is feasible to gain the required number of raked hands in a short period of time (though $0.50/$1 or higher would achieve it much quicker.) Before you sit down at a table, check out the average pot size. On the plus side you don't actually have to put any money into the pot yourself to be credited with a raked hand. As long as you are active at a table - i.e. you are dealt your hole cards, not just occupying a seat while sitting out- you will be credited with a raked hand anytime the pot is over $5 ........... even if you just fold without calling the blinds. I don't really play cash games very often, other than to clear bonus money by playing the required number of raked hands, but I would just say to be careful ................. you can lose a lot of money in a single hand playing cash games (especially if you don't have much experience of cash games), so don't play a higher limit than you can afford............ as it could end up being an expensive "Freerole" :tongue2 If you find out you are doing well then :ok If things aren't going well then it might be cheaper to just buy in to a qualifier. If you want some tips on the difference between playing Cash games and Tournaments then I'm sure Jez, Staffy, and some of the others will help you out :ok I've probably forgotten to add some bits and pieces, but I hope that helped. :cheers

Re: Raked Hand Requirement Just to reiterate much of what has been said :lol ... You dont have to be actually in a pot that has been raked for it to count towards your 250. As long as you got dealt cards in that hand and it matches the criteria for being a "raked hand" it will count towards your 250. A hand is not raked on the net if there is no flop....so a preflop takedown wont count...check the small print of everything just to be sure what tables you can play (sometimes microlimit tables are excluded from counting). When you play cash games towards these requiremants just be very tight but agggressive mate...be mindful that everything you have infront of you is very much at risk every hand and think about what your opponents have - you should do ok playing ABC TAG poker (barring any unfortunate beats!) ;) Jez P.S. - DONT tilt!!

Re: Raked Hand Requirement Stupid question - The weekly raked hands freeroll in for the 'first 4000 players to have played 250 raked hands in the past seven days' There were only 676 players in the last one. Does this mean, theres no rush to reach the 250 raked hands? It seems nowhere near 4000 players played enough raked hands. Is this correct? Cheers :)

Re: Raked Hand Requirement No, they don't bother inviting you - you just play the raked hands and then sign up. If you try to sign up otherwise it just tells you that you've not met the requirements I think.

Re: Raked Hand Requirement They don't contact you as far as i know. Its just that it won't allow you to register if you haven't played 250 hands. There are a max of 4000 players in the tournament, so places are allocated on a first come first served basis. I would imagine there will be a lot of people who qualify, but a probable reason for low turn outs is that a lot of players would rather be earning money on the cash tables than wasting hours in a freerole for a probable low return.

Re: Raked Hand Requirement Ahh right got ya. Is there a counter anywhere or somewhere I can find out how many raked hands I have played? This seems like a really good way to get into the final to me. Top 20 of a free tourny straight into the big final. 21-50 share $5000. With only 676 entrants last time this looks a very nice proposition.

Re: Raked Hand Requirement Played my first hour of cash table for aaaaaages just now. Only $0.25/$0.50 while I get used to it for a a good wee while. There were only 27 raked hands in the hour but maybe cos of low limits. Anyway thats still only 10 hours needed to qualify for freeroll which is ok. I think the table was quite tight also. Also won $55 for the hour - a nice start :nana Cheers for all the help guys :ok