Boxing 14-15 May

14 May Oktay Urkal to beat Frederic Klose @ 1.33 (bet365) Urkal is a quality operator whose only 3 defeats have come at the top level - close decisions to Kostya Tszyu and Vivian Harris, and a TKO defeat to Harris. Klose has the massive disadvantage of fighting a German fighter away from home. And he has already experienced the controversial scoring against a German - two fights ago he won 115-113 on 2 scorecards, losing 117-111 on the third. Clearly something was wrong there. Amir Khan to beat Mario Kindelan @ 3.00 (bet365) You have to ask, what does Khan have to gain by taking this fight before turning pro? Or more to the point, what does he have to lose? A defeat would be damaging in the short term (although clearly not for his long term prospects). This will be a very close fight, but watch out for the judges pressing buttons more quickly when Khan lands, and missing the occassional Kindelan punch. 15 May Zab Judah to beat Cosme Rivera @ 1.11 (willhill) A very short price, but this is about as big a certainty you will find in boxing. Since his jelly legs routine against Kostya Tszyu, Judah has only been beaten on points by Cory Spinks, a man that he subsequently KOd. Rivera's biggest win was over James Hare. Enough said. Felix Trinidad to beat Ronald Wright @ 1.44 (willhill) Trinidad is not a legend for no reason - wins over Hector Camacho, Yory Boy Campas, Pernell Whitaker, Oscar De La Hoya, Fernando Vargas, William Joppy form part of an impressive resume. Any doubts about whether a comback was the correct decision were laid to rest with a TKO win over Ricardo Mayorga in his first fight for nearly 2 1/2 years. Ronald Wright boasts consecutive wins over Shane Mosley but, while he appears to have "Sugar" Shane's number, this will easily be his toughest test to date.

Re: Boxing 14-15 May Nice one dave, looking forward to seeing Khan again, he looks a big talent. :) Can't disagree with any of your choices (shame really :lol), all solid reasoning and could well be on 4 winners there, although Khan will have need to have improved, but no doubt he has, it will be close like you said. :ok

Re: Boxing 14-15 May Agree with Matt.I know Khan has been steadily backed all week but i'd be very surprised if he beats Kindelen. Also Trinidad is very short to beat Winky Wright-i dont think theres much value in backing him at 1.44.

Re: Boxing 14-15 May What exactly has Khan done since Olympics ?? Next to nothing...got put on his arse by a nobody last time out. He's done more tv work than fighting. Kindelan is top quality fighter...not lost since 1999..won something like 26 straight amateur tournaments he has entered. Double Olympic champion and beat Khan quite convincingly twice already. Ok Khan is younger but sometimes no substitute for experience. Only way I can see Kindelandnot winning this contest is if a certain promoter has the judges in his pocket when there pressing the buttons should we say. I took 1.58 and 1.59 earlier in the week on B/F...I think its decent price.

Re: Boxing 14-15 May Regarding Khan vs Kindelan...Could there be a possible conspiracy theory concerning this fight? (Cue shocking music!!) Kindelan p*ssed all over Khan in the Olympic Final and on that form alone should easily beat him.. However.. Why would Khan pick a fight that he is supposedly unlikely to win, as a primetime - terresteral fight to raise his national profile and his potential financial future going forward..He needs his profile as positive as possible as he embarks on a professional career in the near future. How is a defeat going to help him..? Lets also consider ITV Sport in this..They've wanted to get back into boxing to the level they used to command when Benn, Eubank and Ahmed were on their TV card way back in the early mid nineties. A defeat on their big - primetime tv slot will be a bit of an embarrassment for them..Let's remember they are commiting a hell of a lot by screening a boxing fight on Saturday night!! Also..when have Cuban boxers been involved in a televison primetime circus fight..In fact when have they ever been involved in non-olympic/world heavyweight fights?? Has anyone considered the possibility that someone has approched the now-retired cuban fighter's management team or Cuban government and implied that (for a financial award) their now retired fighter with a big reputation can put up a good fight but ensure he doesnt win..Obviously some huge financial backhander may be forthcoming..:ok Ok these are just my drunken thoughts that may well turn out to be total b*llocks but that 3.00 with Bet365 looks mighty tempting..

Re: Boxing 14-15 May ....it's also just a three round fight and it's unlikely that there will be an outright KO win by either of them. It'll go to the judges. I'm saying a 'controversial' split decision win for Khan but I ain't putting money on it. :lol

Re: Boxing 14-15 May

That was just unbelievable. God knows how much Mario got for that but it must a been a few quid, what a complete pantomine. Boxing makes WWF look straight sometimes.
I (and others) did make suggestions about what might happen Matt, didn't take a rocket scientist ...

Re: Boxing 14-15 May Your completely right Dave, You and many others warned me about it and I still went quite heavy on Kindelan, soon as it was announced he would go pro if he won I should have realised what was going on :( Good stuff on your picks though Dave :)

Re: Boxing 14-15 May nice picks dave.... as I was watching the fight I was saying how it looked rigged and I was dying to come on the board and see what everyone else thought. It was far too big an opportunity for khan and warren for it to go tits up and for a retiring fighter to have his day. khan held up the belt and kindelan held aloft a suitcase full of used 20's whilst making for the exit...