** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ante Post bets - updated for Jumps 07/08

Re: Ante Post bets [quote=Cosmetic Bob;794244]Ascot Gold Cup - 21/06/07 YEATS @ 6/4 Betfred 6/4 to turn up in my opinion!! So dominant of this long distance last year in both this race and at Goodwood, both times he won quite easily. The 2nd/3rd/4th in last years Gold Cup are not entered in this renewal and Sergeant Cecil who was well beaten in 5th is currently the 2nd fav for this years Gold Cup and he looks to be a place chance at best, I can't see him winning & there doesnt seem to be any improvers among the staying ranks.[/quote] just got round to this, quality price considering it won easily at 8/13 on the day, well done mate:ok

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ante Post bets St Leger HONOLULU looks a cracking value bet at 9/1 with the Tote. This is a lightly raced, rapidly improving 3 year old, from the Ballydoyle team. Second to Purple Moon today only getting 2lbs from 4 year old Purple Moon. That’s 10lbs less than weight for age. Proven at the trip, on good and soft going. Soldier Of Fortune is likely to be saved for elsewhere with more than one stable companion good enough to win / run well in the Leger. Yellowstone also unlikely to run (doubtful stayer), Mahler ran a fine trial over an inadequate trip in the Voltigeur where Lucarno enhanced his prospects. I am a fan of John Gosdens big horse, especially for next year. However, he can take a pull and is not sure to get the trip. Aqaleem could be a danger to all if turning up, for some reason connections are not keen. He seems to have most of the attributes one looks for in a Leger horse. May be they are worried he could sweat up badly and lose the race in the parade. Aqaleem was awash at Epsom and Goodwood though it does not seem to effect his running so far. If it is not on the firm side Honolulu should run well. Even at this stage I make him a 5/1 chance, 9/1 is massive. Suggest £40 @ 9/1 Tote HONOLULU

Re: Ante Post bets Sense Of Joy was not that impressive in the Prestige, though a horse bred for 8 to 12 furlongs is never going to be impressive in a very slowly run 7 furlongs (similar to a truly run 6f race). Although most bookies have trimmed or left her odds at 16/1 Ladbrokes pushed her out to 25/1. Looks far to big so I am going in again. [B]£8 @ 25/1 Sense Of Joy (Ladbrokes) [/B]Even if you do not believe she can win the 1000 you will probably be able to make a few quid if choosing to lay it off at around 14 or 16/1 just before the Fillies Mile. Ginge

Re: Ante Post bets 2000 Guinees £30 @ 12/1 (Bet Direct) Ravens Pass On time this horse has a much better than 7.7% (12/1) chance of winning the Guinees, even at this early stage. I believe he will be 8/1 or below within the week.By a miler, out of a miler, half brother to a miler, he should be a miler. Sire a USA turf horse. Have already got 50/1 River Proud but have to back this aswell.

Re: Ante Post bets The time of Impeller's handicap win was also good despite a fairly bunched finish. It seems Ravens Pass's time performance was not quite as astounding as it first appeared. Certainly not a great quality group race but to win it by 7 lengths under hands and heels in that time is still an exceptional run, one that merits a single figure price for the Guinees. Either the going at Sandown was faster than the official good-firm or the rail had been moved. Were races run over less than the advertised distance?

Re: Ante Post bets I have just had a bet on You'resothrilling e.w in the 1000 Guineas @ 25/1 with Stan James. This looks a stand out price as she is as short as 10/1 elsewhere. She started her career with a good run in finishing second behind Pencil Hill and then beat Saoirse Abu who has since gone on to win two group ones. She was a bit unlucky at Royal Ascot when second to Nijoom Dubai and then won the Cherry Hinton. LTO she was disappointing when being unable to cope with the pace early on but was staying on when being totally hampered and ending her chance. She is related to Giant's Causeway so should improve when going further in trip next year and 25/1 seems a reasonable price.

Re: Ante Post bets backed indian trail for the ayr gold cup at 12/1. dunno if this would get in the portland at donny but i reckon 5.5 furlongs is ideal for this hold up flying machine. lets hope frankie gets on board again, can see it going off 6's or less on the day. oh i do love a well in sprint handicapper!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Re: Ante Post bets - updated for Jumps 07/08 Sunday 28/10 Aintree Old Roan Chase ASHLEY BROOK 7/1 Corals With Kauto Star only having its first gallop this week, it may pay to back against it. Only Corals are offering odds at present, but i know faces have already got 10's on Ashley Brook.

Re: Ante Post bets - updated for Jumps 07/08 [quote=bowles10;912654]my 1st long range bets for Cheltenham are: Champion Chase Dont Push it 33/1 Bet365 Granit Jack 40/1 Bet365 reasons to follow over the next few days but these 2 will be followed by me during the season.[/quote] dont push it wins today @ 2/1 over hurdles in a gutsy finish. that would have sharpened him up & cant wait to see it over fences.

Re: Ante Post bets - updated for Jumps 07/08 Is it possible that Dont Push It who I like and even put it up in my jumps thread, could even be aimed at the Gold Cup? I have just felt that he maybe more of the staying type and a theorist could argue that Fehily was on board today with a longer term aim that in say the Gold Cup he could ride Dont Push It with McCoy on Exotic Dancer. I know McCoy is contracted to JP Mcmanus but in last years Gold Cup he was on Exotic Dancer rather than JP's runner in that race so it might be possible. Still all speculation and overall it looks a very good horse indeed the only horse to challenge Denman last year.