** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

French Open 25th May - 8th June

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Randall;1104937 I agree with you,specialy here.Something more,this is Ana's third Grand Slam final,Safina,never play it,her best was 1/4 final,pressure on her must be bigger,than on Ivanovic.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Well that's another match I got wrong - glad the clay is nearly over - don't mention Warsaw next week, I'm certainly not going to:lol:lol:lol Anyone got an angle on the mens final? Last 2 years it's been a 4 set win for Nadal winning by 3 and 6 games respectively and 37 and 38 total games. This year they've met in Monte Carlo and Hamburg win Nadal winning in two tight sets (Fed really should have had one) and a tight 3 setter in Hamburg where Nadal came through. Expect more of the same here really. Fully expect Nadal to win, but I'm just not sure how close it will be. Think Federer will come into this playing very aggressively, and the first set will be determined by his game - either one of the best sets ever seen or Fed making a lot of errors. Federer to win the 1st set @ 3.00 seems reasonable. Nadal in 4 again? 3.5 doesn't seem like a bad price. For a speculative punt, Nadal to lose the first set and win the match @ 5.00 is my sort of bet.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Mr Intensity, i can't see Nadal not winning this. I've been watching the French Open the last few years and this year Nadal has taken his game to a new level with his performances compared to his previous wins. At last years final i had been thinking that he is getting closer to Nadal and may win either this year or next, but i haven't been too convinced with some of Federers matches even though i'm a big fan of his. Federer is always up for the challenge of playing Nadal on clay and wont just lie down and let nadal win so i think there may be a bit of value in another 3-1 but i don't think that it'll be the first set that Federer will win.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Well the two finals at RG Fed has won the 1st in 2006 and 2nd in 2007 - I really can't see him going 2-0 down then winning a set. We've seen a lot more fraility from Federer this year, sometimes playing awfully (Hidlago, Fish) and sometimes just losing matches he normally wins (Murray, Roddick, Stepanek) and I think we'll see something of that in the final. I can see Federer really falling apart in the end, which is putting me off an over/under bet.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June I was thinking that Federer may take the second set if he was to take a set off Nadal at all, but just been on betfair and think that the Nadal at 9/5 for straight sets win is actual better value as i expected a worse price than that. Not had my bet on the match yet but think after looking at the set betting prices i'll take some of the straight sets win. I think the way you have described Federer's recent performances that your thinking it could be a reasonably easy victory if you're expecting more of the same from Federer so maybe a straight sets win rather than the over/unders if you think he may collapse if a set down and break down.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June [B] Nadal R. - Federer R. 08-06-08 15:00 That here a great deal to write?? As before plays in this competition sensationally!! I looked at its semi-final game with Novak Djokovic and I was under the large sensation, this that Spaniard plays… reaches not mal each ball, even by service is will stand up to threaten. Rafael as before ought smooth to win this meeting, even in relationship 3-0, but I will play safe (-1.5) max by rate, because I think that is a large chance to $$$$ ;) [/B][B]H2H (only RG): 06/03/2005 18:25 R. Federer - R. Nadal 1 : 3 (3 : 6) (6 : 4) (4 : 6) (3 : 6) 06/11/2006 15:05 R. Federer - R. Nadal 1 : 3 (6 : 1) (1 : 6) (4 : 6) (6 : 7) 06/10/2007 15:05 R. Federer - R. Nadal 1 : 3 (3 : 6) (6 : 4) (3 : 6) (4 : 6)[/B] [B] [COLOR=orange]pick Nadal win (-1.5) odds 1.50 stake 10/10 BET AT HOME[/COLOR][/B]

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June boyd;1106121 Yeah straight sets could be a good option - the thing putting me off is that I think Fed will come out all guns blazing and could well dominate the first set 6-1 or 6-2 like the 2006 final:eek:eek. Hope he does, then we could get a juicy price on Nadal to win:tongue2 Good luck with whatever you're going for guys, and remember the "real" tennis season starts tomorrow:ok

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June My thoughts on the federer vs Nadal game : The only slam title which exludes Federer is The French Open . The desire to finally capture one is here again though , against his old old foe Nadal . What can we expect again this year ??? Nadal's been a different class of his own in the French Open this year and it seems he got more powers to trouble opponents . Fed Express though , struggled against gael big time and scrapped through that game . Which Fed is gonna turn up today ? I feel Fed would love to capture the slam which excluded him for years and based on this desire , i'm going on a punt for Fed to win this game . Small stakes though , hopefully an entertaining 5 setter to keep me awake . :ok

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June ..................................... Absolutely Speechless . Federer only realli gave Nadal a game in the 2nd set . After that , all went down hill . Nadal hit some unbelieveable shots as well . This sends out a big message though to Federer . He has to be sharper if he ever wants to win this slam at roland garros . back to the drawing board Federer :ok

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June [quote=koloino;1106236] Nadal R. - Federer R. 08-06-08 15:00 That here a great deal to write?? As before plays in this competition sensationally!! I looked at its semi-final game with Novak Djokovic and I was under the large sensation, this that Spaniard plays… reaches not mal each ball, even by service is will stand up to threaten. Rafael as before ought smooth to win this meeting, even in relationship 3-0, but I will play safe (-1.5) max by rate, because I think that is a large chance to $$$$ ;) H2H (only RG): 06/03/2005 18:25 R. Federer - R. Nadal 1 : 3 (3 : 6) (6 : 4) (4 : 6) (3 : 6) 06/11/2006 15:05 R. Federer - R. Nadal 1 : 3 (6 : 1) (1 : 6) (4 : 6) (6 : 7) 06/10/2007 15:05 R. Federer - R. Nadal 1 : 3 (3 : 6) (6 : 4) (3 : 6) (4 : 6) pick Nadal win (-1.5) odds 1.50 stake 10/10 BET AT HOME[/quote] thx for your pick i take it too and was for sure the value pick of this final :clap

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June boyd;1106121 :clap:clap:clap Brave call. Certainly the signs for a 3-0 were there beforehand but Federer can't be written off totally in the big games. Hope we had a few other straight sets pickers. :ok

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June [quote=A-Team;1091261]William Hill go 1.73 on Rafa. That's waay out of line with everyone else and a backable price for me. Sure you'll probably get better backing match-by-match should he end up facing both Djokovic and Fed but the price should close in further if those 2 end up in the same half. Just can't see anyone beating him over 5 sets on this surface. He's never even been brought to a 5th set here before afaik. Nadal - 1.73 - 10/10[/quote] almost feel guilty bumping this. rafa at RG is a close to "free money" as there is in sports betting and saved a mediocre tournament for me.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June [quote=koloino;1106236][B] Nadal R. - Federer R. 08-06-08 15:00 That here a great deal to write?? As before plays in this competition sensationally!! I looked at its semi-final game with Novak Djokovic and I was under the large sensation, this that Spaniard plays… reaches not mal each ball, even by service is will stand up to threaten. Rafael as before ought smooth to win this meeting, even in relationship 3-0, but I will play safe (-1.5) max by rate, because I think that is a large chance to $$$$ ;) [/B][B]H2H (only RG): 06/03/2005 18:25 R. Federer - R. Nadal 1 : 3 (3 : 6) (6 : 4) (4 : 6) (3 : 6) 06/11/2006 15:05 R. Federer - R. Nadal 1 : 3 (6 : 1) (1 : 6) (4 : 6) (6 : 7) 06/10/2007 15:05 R. Federer - R. Nadal 1 : 3 (3 : 6) (6 : 4) (3 : 6) (4 : 6)[/B] [B] [COLOR=orange]pick Nadal win (-1.5) odds 1.50 stake 10/10 BET AT HOME[/COLOR][/B][/quote] [COLOR=SeaGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen]6:1,6:3,6:0 :ok [/COLOR][B][COLOR=DarkGreen] + 5 units GREAT SUCCESS[/COLOR] [/B][/COLOR]:nana:nana:nana