** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 25th May - 8th June

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Are you on here to try make folk loose money? Thats one of the worst tips av ever seen!! He's getting hammered...Stick to yir day job FFS[quote=koloino;1096622][B]Guillermo Garcia Lopez - Tursunov Guillermo Garcia Lopez is a decisively better player than Tursunov, particularly on clay. Had more time on the rest, because played on Monday (Garcia-Roitman 6:2,6: 4.7: 6), however Tursunov yesterday (Tursunov - Brands 6:2,6: 4.7: 5).[/B] [B][COLOR=#ff9900][B][COLOR=#ff9900]pick 1 odds 1.9[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=#ff9900][B][COLOR=#ff9900]stake 4/10 EXPEKT[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/quote]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Oasis;1096738 Come on man that's harsh. Everyone picks losers, and everyone sometimes gets matches completely wrong. You don't know what's happening - maybe the guy is injured or is just having a bad day, is that koloino's fault? And the match isn't even over yet! :eyes:eyes:eyes

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June i don't ussually like betting when it's raining but i'll take some matches today. allready in runing reynolds +7.5 and chetkovska later on azarenka-cirstea under 19.5, big diference in form and quality, and azarenka looks concentrated enough not to do what many favourits are doing - lose a set. verdasco-chela over 37.5 - i really don't know what to say about this one. if this isn't an over then nothing is. both of these players just love long matches, had them in the first round also. i'm prety sure it's going to be 5 sets. maybe i'll have a bet on 2:3 and 3:2 - both @ 6.00 just for the fun of it

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Serra looks a solid fav to me @ 1.57 later on against Hanescu. Don't rate Hanescu anymore, after all hi injury problems just a little bit lacking. Also had to go 5 against Sela and concerns over his ability to recover. Serra did well taking out Giraldo in straight sets. His form has ben up and down a bit this year but at home he really should win this one.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June [quote=koloino;1096622][B]Guillermo Garcia Lopez - Tursunov Guillermo Garcia Lopez is a decisively better player than Tursunov, particularly on clay. Had more time on the rest, because played on Monday (Garcia-Roitman 6:2,6: 4.7: 6), however Tursunov yesterday (Tursunov - Brands 6:2,6: 4.7: 5).[/B] [B][COLOR=#ff9900][B][COLOR=#ff9900]pick 1 odds 1.9[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=#ff9900][B][COLOR=#ff9900]stake 4/10 EXPEKT[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/B][/quote] - 4 units :(

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Has anyone any idea as to how Leyton Hewitt is 1/3 to beat fish? Looking at the event a would say he should be nearer 1/10!! Anyone know anything Sorry Koloino for having a go at ye!! Get yir money on the Aussie!!

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June [quote=Oasis;1096945]Has anyone any idea as to how Leyton Hewitt is 1/3 to beat fish? Looking at the event a would say he should be nearer 1/10!! Anyone know anything Sorry Koloino for having a go at ye!! Get yir money on the Aussie!![/quote] He's just not that reliable anymore. Plus there were injury concerns before the tournament but I haven't heard anything for a few days. But you're right, anything like fully fit and he should batter Fish.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Mr Intensity;1096957 I flippin hope so. He's one of the 3 picks I have left in a mental 40/1 12-fold acca. Benneteau and Schiavone (a break down at present) are the others. Not a good tourney for me so far, lots of winners but low returns cos of poor strategy and higher stake pick losses, so it'd be nice if this comes off. Congrats on your superb glory hunt win Mr.I! If I'd seen it I would've followed it.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June stipe86st;1096999 I think Wozniacki's price is a bit too generous considering the progress she's making. She still hasn't been able to do any damage to the top players yet despite having her chances, but she's getting there. I definitely fancy her to at least take a set off Ivanovic who has been superb so far in this tourney but is prone to having an off day. No value in either a straight or 2-0 win for Ivanovic imo. I'm going to wait and see what others say first before making a decision though.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Gulbis interests me at around 1.65. He's very frustrating to follow, but seems to be pretty well here. He's a big time player, showing his best stuff at the US Open last year and seems to be doing the same here. Lapentti has had a very good clay season, but I think it's coming to an end. He's had a couple of tight 4-setters and with ageing legs, I think Gulbis will overpower him. Murray tempts me @ 2.62. This is a very interesting match up, and the main thing for me is I think Murray will tactically get it right. Murray really stepped up in the last round against Acasuso and showed everyone how well he can play on clay. Almagro has been comfortable so far, but I just don't fancy him for this as a fav. Murray will get in his head and mentally the Spaniard can be very weak. This could be an epic, and I think Murray comes through in a long match.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June Tennis - Roland Garros Mikhail Youzhny - Fernando Verdasco Pick: 1 Unit 2.23 @ Pinnacle 3º Round of the tournament, game between Verdasco nº23 of ranking ATP and Youzhny nº15, perspective a great game. These 2 players had met already during this month in the ATP of Hamburg, in a time where already the thought are only in Roland Garros, in yhat game the victory was for Verdasco that would finish for being eliminated in the quarter-finals by Federer. Verdasco is at a good moment of form, although this, he did not have easy games in the previous rounds, won Santiago Ventura for 3-1 and also for 3-1 it won the Argentine Chela. How about Youzhny, is a player with great potential, that started the season very well, and conquer a tournament where it beat in the final the spanishNadal, he counts on few games in clay, but appeared here in Roland Garros in the maximum form. In the 2 previous rounds he easy beat Benjamin Becker and Máximo Gonzalez in 3 easily sets. Youzhny is a very strong player and want a good result here in France, to come close to top ten of ranking. Already he showed in this tournament to be very strong and motivated, therefore we think that Youzhny tomorrow goes to get the revenge of the recent defeat of Hamburg, and gonna beat Verdasco, odd seems us very good. EDIT: Email Paul Ross at [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL] for permission to post links.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June great day yesterday 4/4, hopefully today will be close enoug although i'm not very optimistic. :):) i will also have a punt on the gulbis-lapentii match but the bet will be over. i just can't see one of these guys winning in straight sets. same with youzhny - verdasco - just to close to be a 3-setter if you ask me. limits are 39.5 at the moment - pretty big - but still waiting for lokal bookies to have a say. another match i'm looking at is tursunov - chardy. i never trusted tursunov, and probably never will. chardy was the surprise of the day yesterday but i don't think he has so much quality. nalbi is someone to whom these things happen often enough. again over seems likely if you ask me. tursunov should get this in the end but he will lose a set in the proces. i'm still not sure if i'll take this but the first two definitely. almagro - murray - again it's hard to say, almagro is playing fantastic tennis but murray is just so unpredictible and i'll skip this one.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June what about Llodra-Bolelli 5 Set crime? Both done a good job so far. Llodra with home advantage and the italian is strong. That could be a fight today. They met once in 2006 6-2,7-6 also in (Cherborg)France.

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June hi there guys! any new info about ladies rg? i heard some rumours about jankovic being injured (she has hurt her wrist) is it true? if so cibulkova has a decent chance to go through, hasn´t she? for other matches i see dellacqua to proceed further thru suarez as a nice bet also cornet to beat radwanska. good luck!!!

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSharapova M. vs Knapp K.
SelectionKnapp K.
Strength5/10
Date31/05/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Boylesports @ 9.00 (Back)
ReasoningWhy not? Sharapova was awful against Rodina (68 (!) unforced errors) , Sharapova was awful against Mattek (51 unforced errors), and Karin Knapp is more high level then those two opponents. Knapp wasn't very good this season, but here in Paris she shows very qualified tennis, that allowed her to reach 3 round on Rolan Garros last year (where he won over Azarenka, Alona Bondarenko and lost in only 3 sets to Patty Schnyder). Karin has already have 2 good victories here over Muller and Olivia Sanchez and I think, she's gonna play very defensive tennis and wait Maria's errors. And errors will not keep itself waiting, I'm sure. Knapp will win one set at least, and in third set, who knows. 9.0 is a big value in these circumstances. Good luck!

Re: French Open 25th May - 8th June
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventP-H Mathieu V N Djokovic
SelectionUnder 33.5 games
Strength10/10
Date01/06/2008
Bookmaker/PriceVC Bet @ 1.88 (Back)
ReasoningPaul Henri Mathieu has been going on with the “push power of the fans” so far. He finished ex-title winnet Gustavo Kuerten in 3 sets in the 1st round, in what was Kuerten’s last participation in the tournament, but then really ha it tough, losing the opening 2 sets ton Spanish Oscar Hernandez before winning the last 3 sets. In the 3rd round, Mathieu met with Eduardo Schwank, an after winning the opening 2 sets he forfeited the 3rd, then needed a long rally tie-break (11-7) to win the 4th set. It could be all create to the relative inexperience of the latter two, and as for Kuerten, he’s too old to be competitive at this level anymore. But the thing is Mathieu does not appear to have what it takes to play against the bigger names in this competition, and this would be –most probably- the end of his campaign at Roland Garros for this year. Novak Djokovic not only is young, energetic, and skillful, but is also both experienced and a strong finisher. He already won a grand slam title in Australia this year, and has been fortifying his spot as #3 on the ATP list, with more than frequent flirting with the #2 spot; currently belonging to Rafael Nadal. In fact, Djokovic could have been #2 had he beaten Nadal in Hamburg 2 weeks ago, so he certainly will be looking forward to taking on the Spaniard in the semi-final of this tournament. As for his performances in the 3 games he played so far, Djokovic only lost the opening set of the 1st game to Denis Gremelmayr. He then won 9 consecutive sets (3 in each game), and didn’t even need a tie-break in either of them. Some/most favourites usually do fail to go further at this stage, but not the top 2, and starting this season it has become the top 3, as it’s no longer a 2-horse race between Nadal and Federer, but a certified 3-horse race with Djokovic joining them both at the top. Last year; Djokovic managed to get to the semi-final, and he seems to be looking towards an attempt on going one better this year, to become the 1st man to beat Nadal in Roland Garros. I don’t know about that –yet- but I do know Djokovic so far appeared to be preserving his energy by giving his best! How could that be? Well, he aims to finish off his opponents in as least games as possible, so that he will not need to consume more energy on more games/sets. As I said, he’s a strong finisher, and he’s not afraid to be on the offensive whenever possible, not waiting for the opponent to grant him anything for free. As such, I can only see Djokovic winning 3-0 again, and without neeing a tie-break, thus under 33.5 games looks a very good bet to me.