10pts system for horses

I ve had a system now for some time and I paperteseted it late last year to great success. spreadsheet.jpg Im sure some of you guys have seen this. anyway based on the tipster of your choice eg Templegate,after you enter the odds for your horse it works out your stake,if it loses it works out your stake back plus 10pts so in effect the more you lose the more your potential earnings. When you do get a winner:ok all your money back plus 10pts per race. Me and Mike did this last year but we played about with it and created a rule that we dont bet on anything under 2/1 because that really bumps the next stake up. The idea is to keep the stakes down but retain the profit to the max. anyone tried this? ps I can send it to who ever wants it. Apparently this was being sold on ebay for quite a bit of money.

Re: 10pts system for horses The only problem is having the 'bank to keep it going' In 3 days I papertested it making £200 but the next day Its broke me. Maybe better tipsters would be the way forward rather than the system? Can we set up a pool of tips to get it going?

Re: 10pts system for horses Hi There, I have also paper tested this system on the horses and in theory it works well........but as usual with most systems when you hit a losing streak your a gonna!!!!!....... I would avoid the horses using this system.......when I paper tested I won every day for nearly 2 weeks but then I hit the expected losing streak i was left high and dry without a paddle! If i were you I would try and adapt this sytem to to another type of betting....say football for example. If there is a type of bet you can place where you will eventually get a winner (ie-A decent chance of a winner)after 4 or 5 attempts then it would work well(same with a lot of systems I suppose)..........say betting on a game to finish on even or odd goals?? I tried this system on paper using the "First team to score" bet....I always bet on the home team where the odds were sitting about 1.8 - 2.0........I had a lot of success on paper............maybe I should start it up again for real???? These are just some examples you could use.........I would be interrested as to how you get on.......even if you choose horses(I dont bet on horses so that was a disadvantage straight away)............Will follow with interest. Cheers

Re: 10pts system for horses Ideally you need odds of 2/1 or over to keep the stakes down. Might be worth a go on say correct scores? pick a team ie Manutd/chelsea and go for 2-0 every match until it pays off? mmmmm might look into this a bit more

Re: 10pts system for horses Even at 6-7's score_sheet2.jpg you can see that aftera 8 games it comes up and your £95.00 profit + your £115 outlay=£210 rtn I'll take the off season to go through this and start from game 1 next season. I'll have to pick a team that has srtong defence record. chelsea liverpool Man Utd arsenal celtic rangers?

Re: 10pts system for horses Herp, Good luck with your system if you persue it, but you can't really hide from the fact that when you hit a long losing run you're f*cked. Others can probably explain it better than me, but this Martingale type system is flawed in the long run. This type of system comes up time and time again, and on the face of it looks pretty good, but the mathematics of it tell another story. I would ask one of the stats guys on here for a more detailed explaination. Sorry if this sounds patronising, that's not my intention. (hope I haven't misunderstood some part of your system that makes it different from the rest!)

Re: 10pts system for horses Yeah but as long as your bank can cover the losing streak then it takes just one win to recover your losses. Needs more thought on it, any stat guys out there shed more light on it?