flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks

epsom oaks legatissimo 99.17 found 99.10 . crystal zvezda 99.01 together forever 99.01 I like to have a nice bet on the oaks .....legattismo and found are well fancied but unusually im going to oppose the top rated horses in favour of the 3rd and 4 th .....crystal zvezda hasnt really done anything near the top two rated on course but is undoubtably an classic oaks dark horse with unlimited potential ....you would expect the stoute moore combo to produce something special on the day and worth a punt .....of the others together forever has to be the pick of the o brien team ....i was impressed with recent run and could come on considerably under o brien ....im happy with that tag team crystal zvezda 10 pts win 4/1 bet 365 nrnb together forever 3 pts saver 10/1 bet 365 nrnb

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks Legatissimo is bred for the Oaks trip but it was interesting that Ryan felt she was a mile/10f horse after the Guineas. Either way she's a worthy favourite. I wouldn't be too keen on Found after a couple of tough races in the past month. Gosden didn't look too impressed when Star of Seville barely held Together Forever and probably thought she needed to win more convincingly receiving weight to be an Oaks contender. Gosden also said last week that Dettori should look for the ride on Crystal Zvezda so he doesn't seem to think much of his string. Jack Naylor brings top class 2 year old form and is bred to relish the Oaks trip. She also ran a cracker on her reappearance at the Curragh and looks to have trained on. Al Naamah obviously has to improve bundles to win here but she was found to be in season on her reappearance so should come on a ton for that. She has the talent on pedigree and there's no one better than Fabre to get a horse to reach their potential. Anything he sends over deserves respect and she's an interesting contender.

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks

epsom oaks legatissimo 99.17 found 99.10 . crystal zvezda 99.01 together forever 99.01 I like to have a nice bet on the oaks .....legattismo and found are well fancied but unusually im going to oppose the top rated horses in favour of the 3rd and 4 th .....crystal zvezda hasnt really done anything near the top two rated on course but is undoubtably an classic oaks dark horse with unlimited potential ....you would expect the stoute moore combo to produce something special on the day and worth a punt .....of the others together forever has to be the pick of the o brien team ....i was impressed with recent run and could come on considerably under o brien ....im happy with that tag team crystal zvezda 10 pts win 4/1 bet 365 nrnb together forever 3 pts saver 10/1 bet 365 nrnb
Hughes rides Zvezda according to racing post. I really like Found here, as long as the bookings indicate she's second string or better. Looks made for the longer trip to me and I have little doubt she was the best horse in the Irish 1000 Guineas which was an exceptional race. Bolger set that one up for pleascach and having watched it again I thought Found was going the pace to win before being carried across. Whether her challenge would have stalled anyway is another question but I thought it was a great run. However looking at the bookies who are NRNB I'm not sure whether her current best price 7/1 is going to last if declared for this. If she ends up 5/1 I'd probably want her to be first string. Diamondsandrubies and lady of dubai put a fair bit between themselves and the field lto but this is a massive step up. I feel Jack Naylor might be slightly limited to placing in these events having been well beaten as a 2 year old at Longchamp with no real excuse. I'm not sure she'll improve a lot for the run. Together Forever and Al Naamah are promising but I'd like to have seen them put more between themselves and the field in their recent second place finishes. Ultimately Found and Legatissimo look so strong to me I'd really like to be picking between the 2, and my decision will be made by who rides who and how big a difference there is in price.

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks The thing I like about Jack Naylor is everything she's done over shorter has been a bonus. She's sired by a 12f horse and although her dam didn't win over 12f she won a Listed race over 10f at Newmarket as a 3 year old and stamina is all over her pedigree as well. Looking at the way she finished at the Curragh and her pedigree surely she's going to improve over further. I like Legatissimo and would be surprised if Moore chose Found over her as she's had the perfect preparation for this never mind the fact she is a Guineas winner. Then again one of these may go for the Derby and interestingly Coolmore look set to leave Gleneagles in the mix tomorrow.

Hughes rides Zvezda according to racing post. I really like Found here' date=' as long as the bookings indicate she's second string or better. Looks made for the longer trip to me and I have little doubt she was the best horse in the Irish 1000 Guineas which was an exceptional race. Bolger set that one up for pleascach and having watched it again I thought Found wahttp://www1.skysports.com/racing/news/12427/9869747/gallops-report-a-trip-to-newmarket-for-the-latest-on-sir-michael-stoutes-teams going the pace to win before being carried across. Whether her challenge would have stalled anyway is another question but I thought it was a great run. However looking at the bookies who are NRNB I'm not sure whether her current best price 7/1 is going to last if declared for this. If she ends up 5/1 I'd probably want her to be first string. Diamondsandrubies and lady of dubai put a fair bit between themselves and the field lto but this is a massive step up. I feel Jack Naylor might be slightly limited to placing in these events having been well beaten as a 2 year old at Longchamp with no real excuse. I'm not sure she'll improve a lot for the run. Together Forever and Al Naamah are promising but I'd like to have seen them put more between themselves and the field in their recent second place finishes. Ultimately Found and Legatissimo look so strong to me I'd really like to be picking between the 2, and my decision will be made by who rides who and how big a difference there is in price.[/quote'] thought well did I imagine moore on it ?? ...lol ...but appears both were in running ....hughes rode her in piece work yest pulling four lengths clear of the lead horse ridden by moore at the 9 f pole so he looks to have jocked on

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks Found skipping this one as well as the derby. Bit surprised but maybe O'Brien felt she needed the rest. Legatissimo now the most likely winner for me by miles with how far the front 2 went away in the guineas. I can't see her being worse at 12f. Together forever is the only one I can see as value to improve to that level. That first run back was top stuff for an O'Brien runner, and taking weight for lengths literally would have beaten star of seville by over 2 lengths which would have her as one of the favourites here.

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks I hope you guys don't mind me entering the discussion but I have been looking at this race and think Jack Naylor is being overlooked and given the anticipated improvement over the trip she can confirm form with Legatissimo from the Flame of Tara Stakes at the Curragh where she beat her an easy 3/4lth and gave her 5lbs. In third that day was Together Forever who she also gave 5lbs and a 2 lth beating who went on and won a G1 at Newmarket and was subsequently only beat a head by Gosden's Star Of Seville. This represents very good form in the context of the race and I cant have her out of the frame and can see her having a very good chance of victory.

I hope you guys don't mind me entering the discussion but I have been looking at this race and think Jack Naylor is being overlooked and given the anticipated improvement over the trip she can confirm form with Legatissimo from the Flame of Tara Stakes at the Curragh where she beat her an easy 3/4lth and gave her 5lbs. In third that day was Together Forever who she also gave 5lbs and a 2 lth beating who went on and won a G1 at Newmarket and was subsequently only beat a head by Gosden's Star Of Seville. This represents very good form in the context of the race and I cant have her out of the frame and can see her having a very good chance of victory.
welcome to the fray ...lol ....we all love peoples perspectives so get stuck in .....been a bit of money for jack naylor and together forever has drifted despite found leaving ....

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks just running through my ratings for fridays other races ....cant back some yet but ill post ratings diomed stakes 310 eps gabriel 99.54 shifting power 99.31 arod 99.01 I have no idea wat the betting is for this race at the moment but im quite sure arod will be around fav ....prob 3/1 mark but ill be looking for a decent ew bet on gabriel at hopefully good odds as hes not really been shining but undoubtably has talent and under these conditions has optimum scope to run up to his best so interesting bet ....hannons shifting power might make a nice saver if prices on gabriel arent brill as the hannon hughes team arent to be ignored lightly ......ill edit once prices are available edit ...shifting power been impressing on gallops ..worth noting

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks 2.00 eps princess eliz stakes provenance 98.93 bold lass 98.73 crowleys law 98. 55 evita peron 98.55 hard race but this could be the start of a very good day for stoute with provanance top rated here are crystal szedsa later in oaks .....no idea of prices yet but provanance and poss crowleys law are of interest depending on prices

just running through my ratings for fridays other races ....cant back some yet but ill post ratings diomed stakes 310 eps gabriel 99.54 shifting power 99.31 arod 99.01 I have no idea wat the betting is for this race at the moment but im quite sure arod will be around fav ....prob 3/1 mark but ill be looking for a decent ew bet on gabriel at hopefully good odds as hes not really been shining but undoubtably has talent and under these conditions has optimum scope to run up to his best so interesting bet ....hannons shifting power might make a nice saver if prices on gabriel arent brill as the hannon hughes team arent to be ignored lightly ......ill edit once prices are available edit ...shifting power been impressing on gallops ..worth noting
disappointing to see races cutting up ...was 12 now 7 ?? poor value and poor turn out given calibre of racing ...other races cutting up too prob give this a miss now at 7/4 and 3/1 or less ....pah

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks 4:30 Epsom - The Oaks Legatissimo is a worthy favourite after winning the 1000 Guineas in good style. She won over 9.5f at Gowran the week before and with tons of stamina on the dam's side she should get the 1m 4f at Epsom although it's interesting that Ryan Moore thinks she was more of a miler/10f. She certainly has bags of pace and 3/1 is a fair price. Crystal Zvezda bolted up in a Listed trial at Newbury and has been well backed with strong vibes from the Stoute stable. She's light on stamina as a daughter of Dubawi out of 7f winner but is a half sister to Hillstar. She's progressive and there's surely more to come but given that she has tons of pace 10f may be her optimum trip. At the prices Legatissimo is far more appealing for me. Jack Naylor has also received a ton of support after an eye catching staying on 4th in the Irish 1000 Guineas. She's bred to relish the Oaks trip on both sides of her family and is entitled to come on for her reappearance. Aidan O'Brien sends 3 here led by Togther Forever who will definitely stay and was just held by Star of Seville in an Oaks trial. She will probably reverse the form off level weights and Aidan's horses notoriously improve for the run which is a positive sign. Diamondsandrubies won easily at Chester but it was a terrible race with the 2nd rated 83 and the third 85 so she looks to have place claims at best. Qualify hasn't done anything this season to show she is Group 1 class. Gosden didn't look too impressed when Star of Seville barely held Together Forever and she probably needed to win more convincingly receiving 4lbs to be an Oaks contender. Gosden also said last week that Dettori should look for the ride on Crystal Zvezda so he doesn't seem to think much of his string. Both herself and Jazzi Top look like 10f horses and are hard to fancy. Luca Cumani always seemed to think Lady of Dubai had potential going by what he said in the Racing Post but was surprised how quickly she improved when comfortably winning at Listed level last time out. The way she handled Goodwood suggests running around Epsom will suit but at 12/1 she's a bit short for one who may just need more time to show her true potential. Al Naamah obviously has to improve to win here but she was found to be in season on her reappearance and should come on a ton for that. She was beaten in the dieing strides by race fit Little Nightingale who looks a very good filly after the second in her maiden win won a Group 2 in Germany and the third also won on her next start. She has the talent on pedigree as a sister to an Oaks winner and will definitely stay. Bellajeu is an intriguing contender for a trainer who has won two of the last 7 renewals. On paper she has a lot to find after being beaten in a trial at Lingfield but the stable won the Oaks in 2008 with Look Here who was also beaten in the same trial and was rated just 94 heading into the Oaks, 4lbs lower than Bellajeu's current mark. Talent was also a big priced winner for the stable so it would be foolish to rule her out as Beckett can clearly get significant improvement from his fillies over the spring. I'm going to look for some each-way value here and Al Naamah fits the bill. She's bred to win races like this and was sent over for a gallop around Epsom like Andre Fabre's Derby winner Pour Moi. There's no one better than Fabre to get a horse to fulfill their potential and I can see her improving a great deal on Friday. Bellajeu is a tempting each-way bet and if there is any significant rain on Friday which will suit she'll be carrying some of my money. Al Naamah - 0.5pts each-way @ 20/1 BetVictor

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks A fascinating renewal of the Oaks and a wide open looking one at that. Legatissimo is the favourite and a worthy one at that bringing solid Guineas winning form. Albeit that most of these have not raced at the top yet and have been aimed at this. It's a big ask to go up 4 furlongs at this level but I think she'll be there abouts, looks right to get the trip. Jack Naylor was a solid 4th in the Irish 1000 and has been heavily supported, the horse was available at double figure prices afew days ago now as short as 3/1 with Stan James. That's no value for me and I don't fancy it strongly enough. Sir Michael Stoutes horse Crystal Zvezda was very impressive in a1m2f listed race at Newbury and you'd have to give her a chance and you'd have thought she'll get the trip ok, that said around the 100/30 mark looks abit short to me and I think there's far better value in the race. In a wide open looking renewal the one that takes my eye is Lady of Dubai from the Luca Cumani Stable. At the prices the horse seems to have been slightly overlooked. She couldn't have been more impressive when winning a strong trial at Goodwood first time out, she powered away from her rivals and left the impression she should have absolutely no problems getting the trip and even further in time. I think she'll come for the run and be even better over the extra two furlongs. With the very competent Adam Kirby in the saddle I'm very happy to back this EW. The other horse that I like seems to be almost the forgot horse, Star Of Sevile. Of the John Gosden pair Frankie Dettori has opted to ride Jazzi Top, the Pretty Polly winner but I'm not daft on that and I don't rate the form of the race. I Think Star Of Seville has been slightly over looked when not doing a lot wrong so far. She was very impressive first time out at Newbury comfortably beating afew decent types. She then went to the Musidora at York where she was sent off odds-on fav against rival Together Forever. Although she won the race, people seem to be of the opinion that Together Forever is almost guaranteed to reverse the form given she was first time out and giving away a 3lb penalty. Although I think the Winner was worth more than that and just seemed to idle abit upfront, she's not guaranteed to stay the trip but at a big price and with Buick up top I'm going to take a chance hoping she could run a big race. Lady Of Dubai 12/1 Star Of Seville 16/1 - BetVictor

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks I actually think Arod is a good price at 9/4 for the 3:10. Back over a mile looks to be his ideal trip and the horse brings solid Group 1 form to the table. 4th in the derby last year so he handles the track. Likes good ground and looks set to get that. Beaten only 1/2L by Night Of Thunder in the Lockinge now dropped in grade to Group 3 that is solid form and I think the price is fair. Arod 3:10 9/4 Paddypower

2.00 eps princess eliz stakes provenance 98.93 bold lass 98.73 crowleys law 98. 55 evita peron 98.55 hard race but this could be the start of a very good day for stoute with provanance top rated here are crystal szedsa later in oaks .....no idea of prices yet but provanance and poss crowleys law are of interest depending on prices
entries and therefore important conditions have changed so rerated entire race bold lass 98.77 crowleys law 98.61 dont be 98.59 odeliz 98.56 disappointing to see a lot of these races cutting up and bold lass looks interesting here and will be hard to peg back but we are on a value hunt so crowleys law and dont be stand out like beacons ......good recent form ....on the upgrade ....fast ....and good prices both 8/1 .....an ew bet on either would be safer but ill go straight wins and try and get the meet off with a bang crowleys law 4 pts win 8/1 pp dont be 4 pts win 9.0 betfair

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks 345 epsom investec mile zugswang 98.77 abseil 98.73 hmmm typically open and tough race this and abseil is strong fav to win but price is very poor value in relation to zugswang who has gone up 6 lb but the drop in distance today will help offset that and on paper he meets abseil on roughly equal terms so an ew bet looks decent value at 9/1 zugswang 3 pts ew 9/1 corals

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks 4.30 Epsom: Oaks, 1m 4f The general perception is that the Oaks are a better race than the Derby this year. And yes, there's certainly some merit to this. The Oaks field looks absolute delicious -and that's not only because the brilliant 1000 Guineas winner Legatissimo standing her ground over the much longer Oaks trip. No, it's the strengths in depth that really intrigues me. Of course the Wachman filly couldn't have been more impressive at Newmarket. The drop in trip to 1m didn't seem to suit beforehand, but it worked absolutely in her favour given the way the race panned out. Racing off the frenetic pace, once she started her big move, she picked them all up one by one, filly after filly, until she was left alone in front. No doubt, she is a very strong favourite to land the Guineas & Oaks double. The longer trip is rather certain to suit than not, the ground won't be an issue and she looks a well balanced filly who's likely to handle Epsom's undulations. If you want to find question marks than it has to be the draw. Legatissimo has to start from stall 1 - which would be in any other sport the pole position - but not at Epsom where the record in the Oaks for fillies drawn in one is disastrous. Lucky she is, though, as she has Ryan Moore in the saddle..... there's some people thinking he's the best jockey in the world. He may be able to get her out of this dilemma. Honestly, after making this case for her, I find it hard to oppose her. But I have to. At 3/1 or even shorter I can hardly see any value in the price. It's a competitive field with strong opposition. Legatissimo is not invincible. Main danger could be Stoute's Crystal Zvezda. Lightly raced, she seems to have tons of potential. Her eye-catching success in a Newbury listed race on her seasonal reappearance promises allot. However Epsom is a completely different track compared to what she has seen at flat Newbury. Will this inexperienced filly handle the tough assignment which the Oaks will undoubtedly provide? Maybe. I could be tempted at 4/1, but also believe better value can be found in this field. Many have been impressed by Jack Naylor's performance in the Irish 1000 Guineas. So have I. She stayed on from an unfavourable position, trailing the field for most parts of the race, and finished an encouraging fourth in the end. Jack Naylor has a good chance to stay the Oaks trip, albeit it's a dramatic step up from a mile to 1m 4f. And might the bounce factor kick in? Only 12 days after having a tough race in the Guineas she's here at Epsom. Aiden O'Brien is represented with three fillies. Qualify is likely to be deployed as a pacer maker - that's my best guess. Diamondsandrubies was a very good winner of the Cheshire Oaks. Soft ground may be key to her, so the drying ground seems against her. She also needs to take another massive step forward to win. Probably the best of the O'Brien trio is Together Forever. A Group 1 winner as a juvenile, after what her trainer said she might be more a Guineas type than one for the Oaks as she shows more speed than expected. Well, here she is in the Oaks, on the back of a very encouraging runner-up effort in the Musidora Stakes over 1m 2f. The winner had the run of the race from the front that day and Together Forever - albeit making eye-catching progress from four to two furlongs out - appeared to be flat footed once the pace setting filly kicked on. But she kept fighting and stayed on strongly. She almost caught the eventual winner on the line. On pedigree Together Forever looks certain to stay the Oaks trip, and not only that, she may easily improve for it. I would expect her to come on from her comeback run too. If she handles Epsom, she must rate a very big runner. Her Musidora form is tied to Star Of Seville, who won the race. A smart filly in her own right, but 10f looks to be her optimum, if not even the limit of her stamina. That should not be the case for Cummani's Lady Of Dubai. She impressed at Goodwood in a Listed event and has a very fair chance to get the Oaks trip. Frankie Dettori's mount Jazzi Top was a good Listed winner last month as well, though stamina is a bit more of a question mark for her. It is very hard to see either Al Naamah or Bellajeu good enough to land a blow in the Oaks. Verdict: Legatissimo is likely to be found on any short-list, for obvious reasons - but as mentioned before, she is not a price I'm particularly fond of. Same applies to Crystal Zvezda. I like her and look forward to see her running, but she not a price for me. Lady Of Dubai is a filly I believe can run a big race and no doubt she is an interesting price. But most intriguing individual is Together Forever. Potentially she has so many things in her favour here. It's likely that she can improve for her seasonal debut as well as the step up in trip. She's already a Group 1 winner, so clearly has the class, and has a good draw, which isn't quite without importance. Together Forever @ 10/1 Coral - 5pts Win

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks 2.35 Epsom What About Carlo, 5pts EW @ 10/1 Bet365 For me, you need course form here at Epsom and that rules out half the field. Of the others, I really like the chances of Hanagan's mount What About Carlo who won here on Derby day 12 months ago. Has the blinkers on which it is hoped will freshen him up after 2 poor runs but I can overlook each of those. Since winning here off 1lb lower a year ago, he has been running off marks clearly beyond him until dropped to 98 for the Lincoln where he finished well in 4th, staying on as well as anything. Since then, finished plumb last here but definite excuses that day whilst lto, he finished 14th of 18 at York but, interestingly, was only 7L back in a relatively bunched finish. That always puts a question mark in my mind over the form. Dropped a generous 3lb for this run, back at a track that suits very well and the other big positive for me is that I expect rain to fall which might put the word 'soft' in the going description. That will be a big plus. We should get a decent pace too which is another tick in the box and 10/1 is a good 2 or 3 points too big in a race where there doesn't look to be a stand out candidate. 3.45 Epsom Gratzie, 5pts EW @ 8/1 BetVictor Course form, as mentioned, is the order of the day so why not go with Gratzie, a 2 time winner at the track. Only a 4yo, she progressed well last year winning 4 times and seeing her mark shoot from 66 to 83. In both of her Epsom wins, she displayed a turn of foot which I'm happy about in a race likely to be short of pace. The favourite hails from the Stoute yard in Abseil, who won the race last year but may not be suited by how the race is run so I'll take him on at 3/1. Our horses' seasonal reappearance didn't go to plan, finishing 4th of 7 in a lesser race. However, she stumbled and hit the rail and, positionally, was at the back in a steady run race where the winner made all. She looks to have plenty of improvement left in her and I'm happy that De Sousa keeps the ride. Only 3 other runners have track experience with Imishvalla the biggest danger of the 3 but you can't really oppose a 2 time track winner at this specialist track and, at a generous EW price, I'm happy to side with Channon's runner here.

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks 515 epsom mr universe 98.56 realtra 98.51 mubtaagha 98.44 aces 98.41 tough race with possibiltys for a few but top two offer decent value at current prices ...they have posted good levels of form and speed ....realtra ran a bit lacklustre last time but does have the odd duff race then usually bounces back so illforgive him ....but tough race nonetheless mr universe 3 pts win 6/1 pp realtra 3 pts win 9/1 pp

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks 2.35 Epsom: Class 2 Handicap, 1m 2f A Handicap competitive in its nature, though nothing obvious sticks out. Many have to deal with high marks and are tasked with a career best. Fire Fighter could be one who is able to achieve this. He won well at Redcar with a bit in hand when last seen, and under a penalty he is likely to be a big runner. But it might worth to give What About Carlo another chance. He was progressive last season, won here at Epsom a competitive 10f Handicap and is now only 1lb above this last winning mark. He's slipping down to a rating of 95 due to some poor recent efforts. This blip in form comes a bit as a surprise as he finished the Lincoln at Doncaster in eye-catching fashion, over a trip too sharp. He was outpaced but stuck gamely to the task and run out a creditable 4th place. If What About Carlo can bounce back to form he could take all the beating today I feel given that he is one of only very few in this field who are potentially well handicapped. Conditions should suit down to the grounds. What About Carlo @ 11/1 Stan James - 5pts Win ----------- 7.05 Leopardstown: Saval Beg Stakes (Listed) It's raining cats and dogs here in Dublin this morning which will ensure that the quick ground is going to diminish until the race tonight at Leopardstown. That could destroy the chances for some in this field. Most notably Panama Hat, who is a dubious stayer in my book and has shown his best form on quick ground. Key form for this race is the Group 3 Vintage Crop Stakes from last month. Exciting stayer Forgotten Rules won the race, with promising Answered in second. More interesting is what happened behind. Race fit Sir Ector finished third, which makes him one of the likelier types today. Not far behind in fourth and fifth that day were Panama Head and Kingfisher. The former one didn't seem to stay the trip, though. Kingfisher in contrast seems to get the trip well. He wasn't knocked over on his seasonal reappearance but made good progress late to pick up Panama Head eventually. He appears to have strengthen up over the winter and a campaign in all the big staying races has been mapped out for him. He was once a highly promising colt thanks to a runner-up effort in the Irish Derby behind Australia. Deployed as pace maker in most starts last year, he gets now the chance to race for himself. On pedigree he has good credentials to develop into a fine stayer. On balance, Kingfisher is the best horse in this race. He drops in class should improve from his recent run. If fully wound up one would expect him to beat the rivals he ran close to at Navan. A hood is fitted for the first time too may help him too. In the context of the race I believe he's a big price. Kingfisher @ 5/2 Coral - 10pts Win

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks It's fine now alright, but was woken early this morning by the rain smashing against the window and was heavily lashing till around 10am here in Dublin... half a minute walk from car into office and I was completely soaked. I'd be surprised if the rain didn't go into the ground. Not talking about soft, but quick ground? Drainage would have to work wonders.

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks 5.15 Epsom: Surrey Stakes (Listed), 7f This looks a wide open contest and I find it hard to get warm with the favourite Aces. Clearly a talented individual and open to improvement, but that could easily be said about half of the field. I've decided to go with one my 'tracker horses': Hail The Hero. This Former aiden O'Brien inmate cost 500k as a yearling and is extremely well bred. He didn't quite fulfil the promise of his pedigree yet and remained a maiden in three starts as a juvenile - though he showed talent when close runner-up behind Vert De Grece, who subsequently finished less than a lengths beaten by Gleneagles and ended the season with a Group 1 success in France. Hail The Hero has changed yards over the winter, is now with David O'Meara. He was excellent on his debut for new connections back in March when he landed a Doncster maiden in impressive fashion. He meat in-running trouble that day but was still able to produce a blistering turn of foot when finally in the clear and won easily. Upped in class subsequently, he couldn't land a blow in either the Craven Stakes nor the Guineas. But now dropped in Listed class, he may have a more realistic target. The drop back to 7f should suit as well, so will the ground. Hail The Hero @ 14/1 William Hill - 5pts Win

Re: flat racing friday 5th june inc.epsom oaks 5.50 Epsom Fieldsman, 5pts EW @ 9/1 Coral A smallish field of 3yo's and I'm continuing the theme of horses that will like the track. The 3 market leaders all have question marks, with Make It Up yet to race this season, Goring penalised without winning & on a completely different type of track, whilst Al Bandar only has average form. I prefer the chances of Fieldsman, a twice successful 2yo that connections feel would make a much better 3yo. One of those wins was an all the way success here off 5lb lower and the course form bodes well. That day, he looks straightforward which is a plus here. Whilst he will have competition for the lead, he doesn't need to lead and the good or better ground is just what he needs. A 7f specialist who goes very well on undulating tracks; it's a rarity to find one of those so conditions couldn't really be better. On his last start of 2014, ran ok on the AW but not totally happy with the surface and that track is always set up for hold up types whilst it's easy to dismiss his reappearance run where he pulled too hard and evidently didn't last home over a mile. Dropped 2lb for that and I think 9's is big in an open heat.

£4000 was just traded on Legatissimo @ 1.01 & around £5000 @ 1.02' date=' etc!!![/quote'] Goes to show how far betfair has gone down the pan..would have been an awful lot more a few years ago.