** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 12th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 12 March 2015[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Zenit Saint-Petersburg v Torino (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Club Brugge v Besiktas JK (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.52[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk v Ajax (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]VfL Wolfsburg v Internazionale (18:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Everton v Dynamo Kyiv (20:05 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Fiorentina v AS Roma (20:05 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Napoli v Dynamo Moscow (20:05 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Villarreal v Sevilla (20:05 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 12th Europa Double This is what I perceive to be a conservative double that will potentially double our stake: Everton - Kiev Don't be deceived by Everton's poor domestic form as Martinez has thrown all his eggs into the European basket quite some time ago as this may be the last chance to save a disappointing season. Everton will be coming off a much needed 8 day rest after a somewhat crammed run of fixtures. This team beat Young Boys 3-1 at Goodison in the round of 32 and in the group stage hammered a strong Wolfsburg 4-1 at home also. Everton want to get as far as they can in this competition. While Kiev are beating everyone in the Ukraine and have a comfortable lead at the top, their away fixtures in the EL include a 3-0 loss to AaB from Denmark and a 2-1 defeat to French side Guingamp. The Ukranians would be very content with a draw to take back home and may play cautiously. They did hold Valencia 0-0 at the Mestalla so we can't rule out that sort of result. For that reason the first leg of the double is Everton +0 AH @ 1.61 Marathon Bet Wolfsburg - Inter Wolfsburg are second in the Bundesliga by 9 points to 3rd and are having a tremendous season with quality players littering their side. They are a very gun ho side especially at home and will concede goals regularly but back themselves to score more than the opposition. So they are that sort of side. But we can take confidence for their Bundesliga home record of 10-2-0 F 27 A 8. A very excellent home side winning their last 5 at the Volkswagen Arena in all competitions. Inter are not at Wolfsburg's level yet this season. Their away record in Italy is 4-6-4 . We saw away to Celtic how they just couldn't shut the door on the Scotsmen when in front on the scoreboard constantly letting Celtic back in until it finally ended 3-3. A similar performance here and they won't be so fortunate as to pick up a draw. At the weekend they had another draw away to Napoli who led 2-0 until Inter came back in the last 20 mins to draw 2-2 so they do have fight in them and the confidence to get back in to contests. Inter will feel their best chance is back at the San Siro and similar to the first leg, won't push the issue early on. The second leg of the double is Wolfsburg +0 AH @ 1.25 Marathon Bet Total odds = 2.01 so we double our stake on the home wins while having draw protection should either of the hosts get frustrated. Both these home sides want a win to take into the second leg and they will be taking the initiative to get it here.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 12th 3pts Everton to beat Dynamo Kiev 11/8 BetVictor Dynamo Kiev remain a big name in Europe but they don’t have the best of records on these shores so their best outcome here could be just being still in the tie heading back to the Ukraine next week. Everton will want to take a lead out to Ukraine with them and will be a little more expansive in order to get it. They’ve won three of their four home matches in this competition this season and I expect their big players to find a way to win this too albeit only narrowly. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/everton-v-dynamo-kiev-betting-everton-can-seal-narrow-first-leg-lead

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 12th As mentioned above, Torino and Inter could be decent value here. They compare well with their opponents on shots on target stats, and both have good away records in Europe. Zenit - Torino Torino +1AH 1.89 Marathon Wolfsburg - Inter Inter +1AH 1.79 188Bet Stake: 3 points each Total stake: 6 points

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 12th I think that you overly trust Torino, they have amazing season, but Zenit at home plays very well. Not mention that the most of european clubs have huge difficulties playing in Russia. They easily beat PSV (I watched the game) and I think they have much more experience. For me they are strong candidate to win the cup.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 12th Wolfsburg- Internazionale Those closing comments about the Torino game , also apply to Inter of course and if Wolfsburg play close to their best and especially keep the tempo up, the visitors are going to be in for a very long evening. Inter conceded three at Celtic in the previous round and it could have been five and this is team not used to being under the constant pressure which the Wolves will apply and one goal could quickly become two or three. We are already on the hosts to win the competition at a big price..... The visitors got the attention of the footballing world on Friday night when they put four goals past Bayern Munich , led by an amazing high energy performance from Kevin de Bruyne, who scored twice and also contributed his 11th assist of the season. Bayern had only conceded four goals previously all season through 17 league starts and whilst most teams might have sat back and basked in the glory of that huge win, the Wolves got busy and in a massive statement of intent, completed the signing of André Schürrle from Chelsea for circa 30m €. That has left everyone in no doubt about how VfL see themseleves over the next year or two, a very big player in both domestic and European terms. They also made sure that de Bruyne was also left in doubt about how highly they value him and an already lengthy and lucrative contract is about to be increased and extended until 2020, which I view as a clever move with a new "star" arriving on the scene. Schürrle is apparently going to take part in a short workout with the rest of the squad this morning, but is not expected to make his debut until Saturday, but his arrival is a really big deal in Germany and after his success in Brazil and West London, he brings with him a winning mentality and will force the other squad members to up their game still further and looks incredibly good business. It is going to be very difficult for them to close that eight point gap on Bayern at the top of the table, but I feel they will want to give it a go and staying within a single digit of the Bavarian giants would be a major achievement and closing it, offer so much for next season. They are currently seven points clear of BMG in third and if they could really push on through the next 3-4 weeks, really cement a Champions League spot early and then look at other targets, which perhaps they are already doing. We have spoken a lot about the Europa League and how the competion, and the last year or two of the UEFA Cup, has been dominated by teams from Eastern Europe and the Iberian Peninsula, but we have no Porto or Benfica this year and the round of 32 and 16 is always testing for the Eastern teams coming off such a long break, Villarreal and Sevilla look decent representatives for Spain, but are both involved in what looks certain to be a season long battle with Valencia for fourth, elsewhere , there are a lot of teams who have been priced up on name alone. If the Wolves can find a way past Sporting this month, I am sure that we will see several of those "names" drop out and Wolfsburg might be in position to let their focus switch to a European title. There is still some 21.0 around for Wolfsburg to win the Europa League, even bigger in a place or two and if you can find it, or close, I suggest we try 1 unit for now, we can take a closer look at this competition after the round of 32 ties . They come into this on the back of their first defeat in 15 starts at Augsburg at the weekend, that was an infortunate loss and a game they should have got something from, but it will have served as a reality check and also effectively ended the dream of catching Bayern in the Bundesliga, so now it will surely be all about the Europa League and I expect a hungry and very motivated host to get back to winning ways. 1.25 units Wolfsburg -1.25 ball 2.42 asian line/Sportsmarket.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 12th Wolfsburg seem very overrated against Inter. Mancini's Inter showed that they can rise to the challenge in tough matches, drawing away to Juve and Napoli. People probably look at the match as "second in Bundesliga against ninth in Italy, it should be home win", hence the ridiculous odds for Wolfsburg. And Bas Dost is surely not a world class striker.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 12th

Wolfsburg seem very overrated against Inter. Mancini's Inter showed that they can rise to the challenge in tough matches' date=' drawing away to Juve and Napoli. People probably look at the match as "second in Bundesliga against ninth in Italy, it should be home win", hence the ridiculous odds for Wolfsburg. And Bas Dost is surely not a world class striker.[/quote'] I somewhat agree with this, but on the other hand, inter are plain rubbish atm. They might offer some fight, but looking at their record this season all I can see is one struggle after another. Wolfsburg is much too short, that is what I agree about, but I cant see nth in this generaly under-experienced side, which barely takes a point from mediocre opposition in italy. I do see goals in this match, but I also cant imagine Inter having something to cheer about later tonight. Wolfsburg & over 2.5 @ 2.37 (bet365) is good enough for me to stake 5/10.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 12th SSC Napoli v Dynamo Moscow SSC Napoli: Michu (3/0 m), Insigne (11/1 f), Gargano (17/0 m), Maggio (21/0 m), Strini? (6/0 d) Dynamo Moscow: Yusupov (12/1 m) Club Brugge v Besiktas JK Club Brugge: Engels (7/3 d), Víctor Vázquez (22/4 f), Izquierdo (21/8 f, 2nd top scorer), Claudemir (5/0 m), Denswil (6/0 d) Besiktas JK: Hutchinson (21/1 m), Jose Sosa (18/3 m), Milosevic (0/0 d), Köyba?? (12/0 d), Sivok (8/0 d) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 12th I think it's a good idea to oppose East European teams at this stage of the competition, especially away. Since the rebranding of the tournament from UEFA Cup to Europa League, East European teams have not done anything to note in the tournament and rarely progress past this stage. Their away record from the last sixteen onwards is generally woeful - 10 loses, two draws and no wins in the last three seasons. The difference between West European football and East European football is enormous, it's like comparing European to Asian football.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 12th Villarreal - Sevilla Villarreal is in great shape lately, last Sunday they smashed Celta 4-1 in "Madrigal" and can still hope they can make it to the 4th place. They are very good in the attack and have scored in 34 out of the last 35 games they played. Sevilla also has great firepower in the front line but they deal with some problems in the defense(they have the worst defense of the 10 first teams in Primera). Both teams are in good momentum, I find Villarreal more likely to win as they are very strong in Madrigal but Sevilla has to defend their title. Most likely to see goals on both sides but over pays more. over 2.5 @ 1.84 Marathonbet

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday March 12th Brugge may have a good home record domestically but I can't have them so short versus an experienced and streetwise Besiktas side. The Turks have played well against better opponents (Liverpool for example) and I think they can get something from the Belgians here. LAY Club Brugge at 11/10 (bfair)

I think it's a good idea to oppose East European teams at this stage of the competition' date=' especially away. Since the rebranding of the tournament from UEFA Cup to Europa League, East European teams have not done anything to note in the tournament and rarely progress past this stage. Their away record from the last sixteen onwards is generally woeful - 10 loses, two draws and no wins in the last three seasons. The difference between West European football and East European football is enormous, it's like comparing European to Asian football.[/quote'] When you say "East European teams", do you mean Dnipro and Dynamo Kiev from Ukraine and Dynamo Moscow from Russia?

As mentioned above, Torino and Inter could be decent value here. They compare well with their opponents on shots on target stats, and both have good away records in Europe. Zenit - Torino Torino +1AH 1.89 Marathon Wolfsburg - Inter Inter +1AH 1.79 188Bet Stake: 3 points each Total stake: 6 points
Results: Zenit 2 Torino 0 Wolfsburg 3 Inter 1 Both bets lost Total stake: 6 points Total return: nil Profit/loss = -6 points Deserved wins for Zenit and Wolfsburg from what I saw

When you say "East European teams", do you mean Dnipro and Dynamo Kiev from Ukraine and Dynamo Moscow from Russia?
Dynamo Moscow, Zenit, Dynamo Kiev, Dnipro and Besiktas. All three away teams lost, even though they took the lead. :lol The record for East European teams from the last sixteen onwards since the start of the 2011/2012 season is now 13 loses, 2 draws and zero wins.

Dynamo Moscow' date=' Zenit, Dynamo Kiev, Dnipro and Besiktas. All three away teams lost, even though they took the lead. :lol The record for East European teams from the last sixteen onwards since the start of the 2011/2012 season is now 13 loses, 2 draws and zero wins.[/quote'] OK. I do think some of these are good teams though - just look at Zenit's squad for example. But they seem to have some sort of problem beating top 'West European' teams, I agree. It would be interesting to know the reason.