** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Big Race Selections 2015

santos_

Thought I'd do this for the season focussing on the better quality racing in 2015. Not using any systems for this one just my own personal thoughts and views. Will post selections on the bigger/better races and probably the better races during the week as most of the grade, group stuff is on weekends (outside of the festivals). Stakes will be between 2pts win to 0.5 pts each way depending on price. So onto this Saturday...(All bets with BOG) Lingfield 1.45 (Cleves Stakes) Go Far (1pts win, 6/1 Bet365) Good return lto from a break after being held up out the back made good strides late on to finish a close 4th of 7. The manner in which he stayed on was pretty eye catching and with Ryan Moore booked that another plus today. Kempton 2.35 (Pendil Novices Chase) Irish Saint (2pts win, 2/1 Bet365) Cracking race in prospect with a few who take the eye. God's Own has been a bit disappointing the last twice but may be too soon to write him off but I'd rather just watch him today. I'm siding with Irish Saint today though who although was beaten fair and square lto he was mightily impressive two runs ago at Ascot and has won around here, conditions should suit and everything points to a good showing. Newcastle 2.55 (Eider Chase) Summery Justice (0.5pts each way, 18/1 Bet365) A big field to contend with over the marathon trip but the one I like here is Summery Justice. Was third lto at Kelso but was behind Lie Forrit and Harry The Viking who both boosted the form by running 1st and 2nd in the Grand National Trial last weekend. He likes these marathon trips and also has a decent level of form in these big fields but would need to probably raise his game to win but makes appeal as an each way bet. Kempton 3.45 (BetBright Chase) Fox Appeal (1pts each way, 7/1 BetVictor) Comes here in great form and just came up short lto at Ascot finishing behind Rebel Rebellion but the way he travelled in that race was impressive. The 3 mile trip over the bigger obstacles may be a slight question mark but he has twice won over the trip over hurdles so that doesn't bother me too much. Ritchie McClernon has ridden him twice with one win and that second lto so glad the combination stay intact here. Fox Appeal has also got good course form winning twice and also has a second placed effort from 4 visits to the track.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 Well a mixed start on Saturday...But profit made. Irish Saint was an easy winner in the end hit with a rule 4 though but did it pretty easy once Melodic Rendezvous was dropped. Summery Justice ran a cracker in the Eider (20/1 sp) and just made a slight mistake at the last that might have cost him the win but 2nd was a top effort and each way money back. Go Far was never able to get into it at Lingfield while Fox Appeal unseated early in the Betbright. Go Far: Raced wide close up, ridden and weakened over 1f out, 8/10 Irish Saint: Made all, 2 lengths ahead and going strongly when left in command 12th, clear when bad mistake 3 out, pushed out run-in, eased towards finish, unchallenged, 1ST of 5. Summery Justice: In rear, pushed along 5th, headway 6 out, ridden to chase winner and not fluent last, kept on, 2ND of 18 Fox Appeal: Held up, Blundered and unseated rider 6th. Returns for day = +2.2PTS Selections = 4 Pts Staked = 6 Winners = 1 Placed = 1 TOTAL P/L = +2.2PTS

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 22ND FEB Fontwell 3.10 (National Spirit Hurdle, Grade 2) Kilcooley (1pts win, 3/1 Bet365) *BOG Silsoll will be all the rage follwoing his win at Ffos Las (I actually backed him that day) and he had the beating of another opponent here in Kayf Moss but that was a tough race and who knows if this is too soon so with that in mind I'm going to side with Charlie Longsdon's Kilcooley. He was runner up - albeit 6 lengths second to the impressive L'ami Serge at Newbury in November and rewind to just before Christmas, He put in a great performance winning by 23 lengths at Haydock. He didn't follow up lto at Kempton and did disappoint but I'm going to forgive that run. If Silsoll doesn't fire then I think Kilcooley can pick up the pieces.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 Kilcooley got the job done at Fontwell with a pretty decisive victory in the end, always a bit of a worry taking on such a short priced fav but just had those nagging doubts about Silsoll and Kilcooley duly delivered. Kilcooley - Took keen hold, tracked leading pair and raced on inside, 2nd at 4th, led before 5th, going best before 2 out, stayed on well from last, ridden out, 1ST of 6 Returns For Day = +3PTS Selections = 5 Pts Staked = 7 Winners = 2 Placed = 1 TOTAL P/L = +5.2PTS

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 28TH FEB All bets BOG Doncaster 2.35 (Mares Novice Hurdle, Listed) Golan Road (1pts win, 4/1 Bet365) Comes into this race off the back of a 2 length win at Leopardstown and did it pretty easily in the end. The form of her second the race before at Limerick has been boosted, with that days winner Uranna winning well at Sandown earlier this month and Golan Road was only narrowly beaten 1/2 length on that Irish run. Looks a progressive type and is also a winning pointer over 3 miles which allays the step up in trip fears, all points to a good run. Kelso 3.00 (Kelso Hurdle, Grade 2) Bristol De Mai (1pts win, 9/4 BetVictor) Returned at the end of 2014 with a win at Chepstow in Grade 1 Juvenile company after coming over from France and that 6 length win stuck in my mind. Couldn't back that up though when pitched in as favourite at Sandown but the two who finished ahead of him that day are respected and I fancy his chances in this more today and if he's in the same mood as when he won at Chepstow will be bang there. Newbury 3.25 (Greatwood Gold Cup, Grade 3) Bennys Mist (1pts each way, 8/1 BetVictor) A pretty tricky affair here but I'll side with a steady Eddie in Bennys Mist who offers some solid form in decent races and arrives here in decent nick. I think the trip lto at Sandown was too far for him and his record over this kind of trip is decent enough to suggest He can run well. Ran third of 16 at Aintree at the start of December in the Grand Sefton and although there isn't too much room for error off this mark should be there or there abouts. Doncaster 3.45 (Betfred Grimthorpe Chase, Handicap) Drop Out Joe (1pts win, 5/1 Bet365) There are question marks over a lot of these and so I've sided with a horse who I feel could have more to offer going forward and that's Drop Out Joe. He didn't really have much chance of winning his previous two encounters as he was soundly behind King's Palace and Irish Saint respectively but he has neither of those two impressive youngsters to deal with here. He looks to have been given a fair mark on handicap debut and the booking of Davy Russel suggests they think he's well up to it. Kelso 4.10 (Totepool Premier Chase, Listed) Runswick Royal (1pts win, 9/2 BetVictor) Cloudy Too and Carlito Brigante set a good standard but there are question marks over those two with the formers absence of 315 days and a slight concern over the ground for the latter, Baileys Concerto did interest me but has a bit to find with these and not convinced Upsilon Beau will relish this far, So... That leaves me with Runswick Royal who could well step up here. I don't think it was the trip that beat him last time and he was 4th of 7 but only beaten 2 3/4 lengths and was closing on the leaders without looking like ever getting there but this longer trip could help rather then hinder.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 Had to wait until the last race to pick up a winner when Runswick Royal won at an advised 9/2 but it was a pretty frustrating/unlucky day up until that after managing to find 3 runners up! Benny's Mist (9/1 sp) ran a cracker to only get caught late but did get each way money. Drop Out Joe only found one too good (the rank outsider!) and Bristol De Mai did little wrong but just ran into one. So, glad they ran well but more winners then seconds would have been nice :ok Golan Road - Chased clear leader until after 1st, dropped back through field after 4th, pushed along before 4 out, no extra next, tailed off, 4th of 6 Bristol De Mai- Tracked leaders, led 5 out, blundered 3 out, headed before last, kept on and held towards finish,2ND of 6 Bennys Mist - Tracked leaders, went 2nd at 11th, led after 5 out, ridden after 3 out, headed final 110 yards, kept on, held towards finish, 2ND of 11 Drop Out Joe - Held up on inside, mistakes 2nd and 10th, blundered badly when headway 14th, left 3rd before 4 out, no impression on winner from 4 out, stayed on same pace, 2ND of 12 Runswick Royal - In touch, went 2nd from 3 out, led last, ridden run-in, kept on well, 1ST of 6 Returns For Day = +2.3PTS Selections = 10 Pts Staked = 13 Winners = 3 Placed = 4 TOTAL P/L = +7.5PTS

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 7TH MARCH All bets BOG Sandown 2.00 (William Hill National Hunt Novices Handicap Hurdle Final, Grade 3) Monbeg Theatre (1pts each way, 7/1 BetVictor) Was narrowly denied a hat trick of wins lto when beaten 1/2 length behind Aigle De La See here at Sandown where He wasn't fluent at the last and got pegged back. He has an impressive overall record and has not been unplaced in all seven of his starts also in decent sized fields and with 4 places in the each way market He looks a solid option. Wolverhampton 2.15 (Lady Wulfruna Stakes, Listed) Al Thakira (1pts win, 9/2 Betfred) A couple made my shortlist for this one which included Chookie Royale and Intransigent but the one I just prefer here is Marco Botti's Al Thakira. Signed off 2014 with a Listed win in the October stakes at Ascot and was 3rd in Group 3 company in the Sceptre stakes so brings very solid looking form to the table. This is her All Weather debut but don't see any reason why she shouldn't be as good on this surface and her record fresh is good so should go well. Sandown 3.10 (Imperial Cup, Handicap Hurdle, Grade 3) Bidourey (1pts each way, 7/1 BetVictor) Is unbeaten in 5 starts and the last two have been mightily impressive smashing his rivals by 11 and 15 lengths respectively. He has won over C&D and this is of course a much harder assignment but for a horse who has done little wrong and from the Pipe yard who know how to get one ready for this, He should have every chance to be involved. There are 5 places each way on offer so will back in the each way market.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 Nothing doing on Saturday and especially dissapointing runs from Monbeg Theatre and Bidourey! Cheltenham will be busy next week so looking forward to that! Monbeg Theatre - Raced wide in mid-division, struggling towards rear when slightly hampered by loose horse before 2 out, 13th of 17 Al Thakira - Mid-division, ridden and headway approaching final furlong, stayed on towards finish, 3RD of 11 Bidourey - Chased leaders, pushed along after 3 out, weakened quickly on long run to next, soon pulled up, PU Returns For Day = -5.0PTS Selections = 13 Pts Staked = 18 Winners = 3 Placed = 5 TOTAL P/L = +2.5PTS

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 10TH MAR All bets BOG Cheltenham 1.30 (Supreme Novices Hurlde, Grade 1) Douvan (2pts win, 2/1 BetVictor) I'm hoping Willie Mullins has a bumpre day on day ne of the 2015 festival and can kick it off with Douvan in the Supreme. Very impressive winner in Ireland without ever really been asked for maximum effort. Mullins also seems to hold him in high regard. This is his biggest test to date of course but the ease of his victories in Ireland makes you think he's well up to this. Cheltenham 2.05 (Arkle Chase, Grade 1) Un De Sceaux (2pts win, 8/11 BetVictor) Absolutely dotted up on his last two starts in Ireland and his only blemish was a fall at Thurles when he looked in command. Beat Smashing by 12 lengths at Fairyhouse in December before beating a horse he reopposes here Clarcam by 15 lengths lto at Leopardstown. I don't think this race is that deep and Un De Sceaux stands out as possibly a class above these. Cheltenham 2.40 (Ultima Business Solutions HC Chase, Grade 3) Ned Stark (1pts each way, 9/1 BetVictor) 24 runners to contend with so going to need some luck of course but I liked the look of Ned Stark in this one. Winner of four of his last five starts and for the first time lto over today's distance he seemed to relish the trip. He is a lightly raced novice so may well have the mileage to be better then some of these more exposed rivals. What I also like is he doesn't mind a battle in a finish and coming up that hill that can be an admirable trait to have. Cheltenham 3.20 (Champion Hurdle, Grade 1) Faugheen (2pts win, 11/10 BetVictor) Has passed every test so far with flying colours but this is a big challenge and he's coming up against some strong opposition in The New One and Jezki but He hasn't seemed like he's ever been in any trouble in his races and eased t victory. While I don't think he will have it quite so easy today it's hard to ignore how impressive he has looked. Cheltenham 4.00 (OLBG Mares Hurdle, Grade 1) Annie Power (2pts win, 4/6 BetVictor) I sound like a broken record today but it just has to be Mullins again in the mares race. Annie Power has only ever tasted defeat once and that was to the boys at last years festival by More of That in the World Hurdle and only narrowly but she beat the likes of At Fishers Cross, Zarkander and Big Bucks, In this sphere I don't think there is much for her to fear and I would be surprised if anything is able to match her when she's at her best. Cheltenham 5.15 (Chaps Restaurant Barbados Novices Handicap Chase, Listed) Knock House (0.5pts each way, 16/1 BetVictor) Comes here off the back of a run at Kempton that looked a decent effort when finishing second. Is a winner at this distance and he is a very bold jumper and think he should like the hustle and bustle of this. He has raced at Cheltenham twice how ever and been well beaten on both occasions but the were races Faugheen and Kings Palace won, this seems more his level and looks a solid e/w option.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 As hoped Willie Mullins had a bumper day picking up the three winners I put forward Douvan, Un De Sceaux and Faugheen and it really should have been four I think Annie Power had the race run but came down at the last (which hurt my Mullins acc bet too!). There was also money back for Knock House who thankfully got up for 5th place but with e/w being paid up to 5 places! Ned Stark ran okay without ever really getting involved but good result for day one of the festival. Douvan: Mid-division, steady headway after 3 out, led approaching last, clear flat, ridden out, stayed on well, 1ST of 12 Un De Sceaux: Made virtually all, driven 2 out, soon pressed, ridden clear after last, stayed on strongly and well in command flat, 1ST of 11 Ned Stark:Mid-division, driven to chase leaders before 3 out, soon ridden, no impression from next, 8th of 24 Faugheen: Made all, went slightly right when not fluent 2 out, quickened clear before last, in no danger after, kept on well, ridden out, 1ST of 8 Annie Power: tracked leaders, smooth headway 3 out, led next, driven 3 lengths clear and looked in command when fell last, Fell Knock House: tracked leaders, ridden before 2 out, kept on same pace, no impression flat, 5th of 20 Returns For Day = +5.15PTS Selections = 19 Pts Staked = 29 Winners = 6 Placed = 5 TOTAL P/L = +7.65PTS

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 11TH MAR All bets BOG Cheltenham 1.30 (Neptune Novices Hurdle, Grade 1) Beast Of Burden (1pts each way, 11/1 BetVictor) Winner of three of his four starts and comes into this off the back of an impressive 11 length victory lto at Bangor where he saw off a useful horse in Mendip Express easily. His win at Ffos Las a start earlier was even more impreesive smashing his closest rival by 27 lengths. Now this today is a lot tougher but he travels so nicely and all his wins he's won with his head in his chest. His only defeat came in a maiden hurdle at Newbury where he was 2nd. Rebecca Curtis and Paul Townend combined for a winner yesterday so here's hoping this can be another!. Cheltenham 2.05 (RSA Chase, Grade 1) Kings Palace (1pts win, 4/1 BetVictor) It's a very interseting renewal and Willie Mullins is again well represented with Don Poli but I like Kings Palace here for Pipe and Scudamore. He is three from three over fences to date and whilst he only won small field events his jumping (except maybe lto) has been mightily impressive. What really makes his case stronger for me is his excellent form here at Cheltenham he has run here five times and won four of them his only loss was last year in the Albert Bartlett but I think he's a better horse now and should go well again at a track he loves. Cheltenham 2.40 (Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle, Grade 3) Aux Ptits Soins (1pts each way, 8/1 BetVictor) Now you have to take on the fact the horse needs to show what he did over in France in this country but Aux Ptits Soins has won his two hurdle starts He has won in his only defeat came in a bumper. He has done it pretty comfortably in his two wins and we all know how well Nicholls can do with his French recruits and the fact he's pitched in here they obviously think he can go well on his UK debut and could be anything. Cheltenham 3.20 (Queen Mother Champion Chase, Grade 1) Sire De Grugy (1pts win, 7/2 Bet365) A race that seems pretty wide open with not a whole lot splitting those at the top of the market but I'm going to stick with last years winner Sire De Grugy to repeat the trick in this years renewal. He unseated at Newbury when Mr Mole won and it seems as if they got a confidence boosting win in him when they sent him to Bangor and he dotted up and there were no signs of any wane in his jumping ability after that unseating but of course this is a whole new level of competition. I don't think He'll give up his crown without a fight. Cheltenham 4.40 (Fred Winter Juvenile Handicap Hurdle, Grade 3) Souriyan (0.5pts each way, 25/1 BetVictor) Again a wide open handicap but at each way prices I liked the look of Souriyan. Came over from France at the end of 2014 and has had three runs to date on UK soil which have included an impressive 9 length win at Exeter and a solid 2nd lto at Ffos Las where he only just got caught late on. Michael Nolan has ridden him the last twice and seems to get on well with him and the partnership stays intact today. Will need some luck of course but could run a good race at a price.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 Had a few dissapointing runs most notably Kings Palace who went out very quickly and Sire De Grugy never really looked like getting close to the leaders but thankfully Aux Ptits Soins saved the day (winning at an sp of 9/1) and securing profit. Beast Of Burden: With leaders on outside, led 4th, not fluent 6th, headed before 2 out, soon lost place, weakened before last, tailed off, 9th of 10 Kings Palace: Disputed lead until led before 11th, blundered 4 out, headed before 2 out, soon one pace, weakened last, 6th of 8 Aux Ptits Soins: Tracked leaders, blundered 2nd, headway to challenge 2 out, upsides last, soon ridden, stayed on to lead narrowly final 110 yards, just held on, 1ST of 25 Sire De Grugy: Held up towards rear, headway after 4 out, went 4th next, soon pushed along, ridden and unable to go with leaders before next, one pace, 4th of 9 Souriyan: In touch in mid-division, ridden after 4 out, bumped next, one pace and beaten before last, 11th of 22 Returns For Day = +6.25PTS Selections = 24 Pts Staked = 36 Winners = 7 Placed = 5 TOTAL P/L = +13.9PTS

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 12TH MAR All bets BOG Cheltenham 1.30 (JLT Novices Chase, Grade 1) Vautour (2pts win, 15/8 BetVictor) Another strong looking contender from the Mullins/Walsh combination I'm siding with Vautour in this one. Winner of last years Supreme at the festival he has an almost unblemished record since then with his only defeat a 2nd placed effort two runs ago behind Clarcam at Leopardstown but came out last time and won by 92 lengths. He will get the trip and if on song I think he's just might have the potential to be a notch above most of these. Cheltenham 2.05 (Pertemps Final Handicap Hurdle, Listed) Unique De Cotte (0.5pts each way, 16/1 BetVictor) A winner of two of his last three starts over hurdles he comes here off the back of a 6 length victory at Ascot and as a result is up 10lbs but such was the manner of that run this should still be a workable mark. He won at Cheltenham two runs ago in a big 20 runner field so that's another plus showing he can face up to the hustle and bustle of a big field. He can make a few jumping mistakes though as in pretty much all his wins he hasn't looked the most natural of jumpers but still been able to win, so if he could polish up on the jumping front he could be a big chance. Cheltenham 2.40 (Ryanair Chase, Grade 1) Don Cossack (1pts win, 4/1 BetVictor) Looks to be a horse who is finally showing his potential and comes to the festival off a run of four consecutive victories and although this is harder he comes here in very good order. He was going okay last year in the RSA when he fell so who knows where he may have ended up and he does have a tendency to jump left at times but that hasn't been a handicap in stopping him of late but I'm going to have to cross my fingers and hope it won't be a problem going around here. If his jumping holds up I think he could be hard to beat given his current vein of form. Cheltenham 3.20 (Ladbrokes World Hurdle, Grade 1) Zarkandar (1pts win, 11/2 BetVictor) He is one of those horses who always seems to run his race and in such a big competitive field Zarkandar looks a solid chance to be involved. His last win was a pretty comfortable 5 length win in France back in November and he returned to a UK track with a sound 2nd (beaten a head) behind Reve De Sivola at Ascot. He is a course winner and ran 4th in this last year and his best form stacks up very well against this field. Nicchols horses going well and should be a chance to add to that here. Cheltenham 4.00 (Brown Advisory and Merriebelle Stable Plate Handicap Chase, Grade 3) Buywise (1pts each way, 9/1 BetVictor) A course and distance winner Buywise comes here in good form having eased to victory at Ffos Las on his latest start. He ran a solid 5th behind Caid Du Berlais here at the course in a competitive Paddy Power where he was closing at the finish. He has raced here three times and put in decent performances on each occasion (winning once) so the track doesn't hold too many concerns. He just looks like one to me who could have scope to progress further.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 Day three at Cheltenham and I can't really complain with the runs from any of the selections. Vautour was the only winner, but what a winner he was a seriously sensational performance from him and everything else at least placed. I thought Unique De Cotte was coming to win his race but just found one too good running 2nd of 23, still a cracking effort and did nothing wrong. Don Cossack's blunder probably cost him his chance and then again being squeezed out 2 out didn't help, but not sure he would have won on the day anyway and same goes for Zarkandar, I thought He was travelling so smoothly when he made his error and would have been a lot closer to the winner and Buywise was given a let's say frustrating run?. Again he came home like a train but was given way too much to do, ride him even slightly more handily and I think he'll win one of these big handicaps. Each way money back on two of them and win oney for Vautour and profit made so can't complain. Vautour: Made virtually all, pushed clear before 2 out, in no danger after, stayed on strongly, driven out flat, impressive, 1ST of 8 Unique De Cotte: Tracked leaders, close up 2 out, challenged between last 2, led narrowly before last, ridden and headed flat, kept on, held towards finish, 2ND of 23 Don Cossack: Chased leaders, pecked 12th, ridden and outpaced after 3 out, not much room, hampered and mistake 2 out, lost further ground on rivals, rallied flat, went 3rd final 150 yards, stayed on, 3RD of 14 Zarkandar: Mid-division on inside, headway to track leaders going well when blundered and lost place 2 out, ridden to chase leaders before last, went 3rd after last, kept on, unable to reach front pair, 3RD of 16 Buywise:Held up, niggled along after 11th, headway on outside 2 out, ran on flat, went 4th close home, 4TH of 23 Returns For Day = +4.5PTS Selections = 29 Pts Staked = 43 Winners = 8 Placed = 9 TOTAL P/L = +18.4PTS

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 13TH MAR All bets BOG Cheltenham 1.30 (JCB Triumph Hurdle, Grade 1) Top Notch (1pts each way, 8/1 BetVictor) Nicky Henderson looks to hold a strong hand in this and Peace and Co is the favourite but I actually just prefer his other runner here in Top Notch. Has won all five starts to date and gone to win at Newbury, Ascot and Haydock now he probably hasn't beaten a whole lot but it's hard to crab his form going into this as the old addage goes you can only beat what's put in front of you. If the rain does come the softer ground would be a plus too. Cheltenham 2.05 (Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle, Grade 3) Aso (0.5pts each way, 50/1 Bet365) Just thought there could be one lurking down the bottom end of the market here in Aso from the Venetia Williams yard. Went into his last race at Newbury after two successive wins at Taunton and Haydock, add to that a sound 3rd behind Caracci Apache at Sandown and a demolition job at Warwick where he won by 15 lengths the race before and I can forgive him his run lto in the Betfair Hurdle. He comes into this on the same mark as his last two wins and his novice form looks ok. Venetia Williams is well capable too of getting a festival winner too. Cheltenham 2.40 (Albert Bartlett Novices Hurdle, Grade 1) Out Sam (0.5pts each way, 16/1 BetVictor) Is 2 from 2 over hurdles and done in in a professional enough manner winning at Newbury and Ascot. The form of those wins also looks pretty decent as there have been winners come out of both of those races. This is a bigger test of his ability but who's to say He won't be up to it. Cheltenham 3.20 (Cheltenham Gold Cup Chase, Grade 1) Coneygree (1pts each way, 10/1 BetVictor) This horse has really impressed me this season winning five of his last six starts (3 from 3 chasing) and he has absolutely slammed his rivals on more then one occasion. What I also like is He has plenty of form at Cheltenham where he is two wins from three starts, Nico De Boinville is two from two on him and keeps the ride. He does like to charge off from the front and this week at Cheltenham it has paid in most races to be handy so his front running style could be a real plus. Is one capable of a big run. Cheltenham 5.15 (Grand Annual Chase, Grade 3) Bellenos (0.5pts each way, 22/1 Bet365) AP McCoy would be a popular winner for sure in the race named after him but I feel Ned Buntline is a bit too short in a race of this nature. I'll go for something bigger each way and Dan Skelton's Bellenos. Now He hasn't been seen to best effect the last few runs around Ascot but he has since undergone a wind operation and this week has shown what improvement some horses can show after they have had them! not that it's a given though of course. His is pretty versatile in the way in which he can run but I'm hoping he'll be tracking the leaders as coming from behind has proved tough this week, needs to show improvement but could get involved.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 Well Cheltenham has come and gone and what a great week of racing! but today was probably my favourite moment of the whole week seeing Coneygree win the Gold Cup going from the front and just giving his all, I thought He jumped superbly and just ran them into the ground in the end, so pleased for the trainer and jockey too to land such a prize. Ended Friday with one winner in Coneygree and Top Notch getting each way money back finishing 2nd. Most important thing is Profit was made! So the Festival week ended in a decent profit. Top Notch: In touch on inside, smooth headway to track leaders 2 out, soon challenged, driven to lead narrowly approaching last, ridden and headed flat, kept on, just held, 2ND of 16 Aso: Mid-division on outside, headway and in touch 2 out, driven and lost place before last, soon weakened, 11th of 24 Out Sam:Held up towards rear, fell 8th, Fell Coneygree:Led after 1st, made rest, driven 2 lengths clear before 2 out, ridden and hard pressed when hung right final 110 yards, held on gamely, 1ST of 16 Bellenos: mid-division, closed on outside 4 out, no impression and weakened next, 13th of 20 Returns For Day = +10.5PTS Selections = 34 Pts Staked = 50 Winners = 9 Placed = 10 TOTAL P/L = +28.9PTS

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 14TH MAR All bets BOG Lingfield 3.05 (Winter Derby, Group 3) Tryster (1pts win, 7/2 Bet365) Has really found his form on the All Weather over the last few months and comes here after notching up a hat trick of wins and in each run he has gradually improved on the surface. Most impressive was his win lto at Kempton where he cruised into the race and came through to win with great authority. This is going to take some more improvement to win but such is his profile He looks well capable of improving again here. Lingfield 3.40 (Hever Sprint Stakes, Listed) Royal Bajan (0.5pts each way, 40/1 BetVictor) Going to go for one here at a massive price each way in James Given's Royal Bajan. He is an All-Weather regular and has a good strike rate on the surface but all his wins have been at a lower level and needs to raise his game to be involved today. Just looking at the race though and plenty of these like to either sit just off the leader or held up and Royal Bajan will almost certainly try and lead along with possibly Oriental Relation if they don't take each other on too much He may just be able to keep himself in it, more an each way chance then out and out winner. Uttoxeter 3.50 (Midlands Grand National Handicap Chase, Listed) Woodford County (0.5pts each way, 16/1 Bet365) A few of these lined up in the Eider at Newcastle a few weeks back and although I tipped Summery Justice that day and he put in a superb effort his subsequent second means he's taken a hike in the weights and I fancy he'll have too much to carry here. I'm going to go for another horse who raced that day and finished third Woodford County. He ran a cracker and a mistake two out cost him any chance he may have had but I was happy enough with how he tackled the distance that day, his mark remains the same and could well capitalise today.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 Tryster as expected proved to be too good for them in the Winter Derby at Lingfield, looks an exciting horse to go forward with, I thought he was back far enough but once Kirby asked him for his effort his turn of foot was really impressive to see off a decent field. Woodford County ran another good race in a gruelling 4 mile contest getting third and got each way money back and Royal Bajan was a non runner. Tryster:Held up in rear, headway and not clear run approaching final furlong, effort inside final furlong, quickened to lead towards finish, won going away, 1ST of 11 Woodford County: chased leaders, not fluent 14th, hit 17th, disputing 2nd when mistake 2 out, no impression on winner, 3rd and one pace after, 3RD of 16 Returns For Day = +5.0PTS Selections = 36 Pts Staked = 52 Winners = 10 Placed = 11 TOTAL P/L = +33.9PTS

Re: Big Race Selections 2015

Tryster as expected proved to be too good for them in the Winter Derby at Lingfield' date= looks an exciting horse to go forward with, I thought he was back far enough but once Kirby asked him for his effort his turn of foot was really impressive to see off a decent field. Woodford County ran another good race in a gruelling 4 mile contest getting third and got each way money back and Royal Bajan was a non runner. Tryster:Held up in rear, headway and not clear run approaching final furlong, effort inside final furlong, quickened to lead towards finish, won going away, 1ST of 11 Woodford County: chased leaders, not fluent 14th, hit 17th, disputing 2nd when mistake 2 out, no impression on winner, 3rd and one pace after, 3RD of 16 Returns For Day = +5.0PTS Selections = 36 Pts Staked = 52 Winners = 10 Placed = 11 TOTAL P/L = +33.9PTS
Great pick with Tryster. You were on at good price before money came well done. Keep up good work Sent from my HTC One_M8 using PL Forum

Re: Big Race Selections 2015

Great pick with Tryster. You were on at good price before money came well done. Keep up good work Sent from my HTC One_M8 using PL Forum
Cheers! Yeah I thought Tryster really stood out in that field taking on a new level of opponents but he had looked very classy in his previous three runs on the All Weather.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 21ST MAR All bets BOG Newbury 2.35 (National Hunt Novices Hurdle Finale Limited Handicap, Listed) Twentytwo's Taken (1pts each way, 8/1 BetVictor) Can't help but be impressed with Twentytwo's Taken record coming into this race with six race course starts for four wins and a further two seconds and some commanding victories as well. She is stepped up in trip today which is of course the question mark, but if dealing with this extra mileage I don't see why she shouldn't be involved. She can be a little free in her races though so as long as She settles going up to this trip she seems like a player and one to offer more going forward. Newbury 3.45 (Doom Bar Juvenile Handicap Hurdle, Class 2) Golden Doyen (1pts each way, 8/1 Bet365) Competitive event here but I just felt Golden Doyen has shown a good level of performance and demanded respect in this one. He raced in the Fred Winter when at Cheltenham when falling at the 5th so so a line can be drawn on that run when you look at the form of his races before hand the form looks strong. He raced second to Top Notch at Ascot two runs ago and He subsequently boosted that form by finishing 2nd at Cheltenham behind Peace and Co and his race in December at Chepstow saw him finish 2nd to Bristol De Mai who came out and ran second in the Grade 2 Kelso Hurdle last month and he beat Hargam at Cheltenham in November. That form does mean though He has to carry a big weight but He could just be the class horse here and can shoulder that burden.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 No winners on Saturday from the two runners Twentytwos Taken and Golden Doyen both seemed to be travelling pretty well into the race but it was a similar pattern in both races as both didn't seem to me as if they actually got the trip but hindsight is a wonderful thing! :lol Returns For Day = -4.0PTS Selections = 38 Pts Staked = 56 Winners = 10 Placed = 11 TOTAL P/L = +29.9PTS I don't think there is anything of any quality mid week so most likely be back next weekend for the Doncaster meeting on the flat. :)

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 28TH MAR All bets BOG Doncaster 2.35 (Cammidge Trophy, Listed) Heaven's Guest (1pts each way, 12/1 BetVictor) Signed off last year in decent nick having run 4th of 27 in the Ayr Gold Cup (3 1/2 lengths off the winner Louis The Pious, also his last crack at 6f) and a 3rd of 15 effort in the Totepool Challenge Cup over 7f. Seems to do well in the big 20 odd runner fields but won a similar looking event last year when He landed the 13 runner Bunbury Cup at Newmarket and 4 of his 7 wins have actually come in field sizes of 10 to 13 runners. That run in the Ayr Gold Cup was at 6f and gave a really good account that day and a similar effort here would see him in the mix. Doncaster 3.45 (Betway Lincoln, C2 HC) Mooharib (0.5pts each way, 14/1 BetVictor) Ocean Tempest (0.5pts each way, 25/1 BetVictor) Have gone for two here in the Lincoln and firstly Mooharib who had a good 2014 campaign racing over this trip and won 3 times over the mile. Looks to be a horse who is still improving and should be more to come if He can maintain his upward curve from last year. He is also a course winner having scored on his only start at the track last June. The other selection in the race is Ocean Tempest who of course won this last year. He's been kept pretty busy at the start of this season racing over in Meydan but has put in mainly below par runs over there but He is a much better turf horse in my opinion and his overall turf stats are good 9 wins, 4 seconds and 2 thirds from 34 starts. The prep for this is the same as last year where He showed little in Meydan but won this event so here's hoping lightning strikes twice!. He is also racing 5lbs below the mark he last won from so although more exposed warrants respect. Meydan 5.00 (Dubai World Cup, Group 1) Hokko Tarumae (1pts each way, 9/1 Bet365) £3.8 million for the winner and a pretty competitive looking event for the big money here at Meydan. I just think Japanese horses always seem to be underestimated in these big worldwide races but time and time again the horses the Japanese bring over seem to go well and they have two here Hokko Tarumae and Epiphaneia. The latter may look a bit classier but the unknown is the surface so I'm siding with Hokko Tarumae of the Japanese contingent. He raced in this last year and came stone last but was soon kept in Dubai having come down with a severe bout of colic and the race was also on the tapeta surface, the dirt will suit him much more. He is the Japanese horse of the year on the dirt surface and this year He comes into this at the top of his game having won his last three races in Japan, including two Group 1 victories and is seemingly better then ever, could be the dark horse here.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 A tricky opening day for the turf season resulted in no winners from the selections unfortunately. :\ Heaven's Guest was well punted from 12's to 6/1 sp but failed to deliver anything of note. Mooharrib ran well in the Lincoln staying on from the rear to get 3rd so e/w money back on that one, while Ocean Tempest didn't fire and at Meydan Hokko Tarumae got on the lead but couldn't last home. Heaven's Guest: Held up in touch, ridden over 1f out, soon weakened, 7th of 10 Mooharrib: Towards rear, headway over 1f out, ridden and edged left inside final furlong, kept on towards finish, 3RD of 22 (14/1) Ocean Tempest: Dwelt, tracked leaders, weakened over 1f out, 16th of 22 Hokko Tarumae: Led up to 1 1/2f out, weakened final furlong, 5th of 9 Returns For Day = -3.75PTS Selections = 42 Pts Staked = 62 Winners = 10 Placed = 12 TOTAL P/L = +26.15PTS

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 4TH APR All bets BOG Kempton 2.50 (Snowdrop Fillies Stakes, Listed) Tea Blossom (1pts each way, 12/1 BetVictor) Made her UK racecourse debut in February here at Kempton when she ran 4th of 6 behind Lady Dutch (who re-opposes again today) and although beaten 4 lengths made up some late headway, it was a bit of a muddling pace though and the run may be better then the bare result looks, It was also her first run for 7 months so may have just needed it. She is lightly raced with just the 3 starts and if building on that effort lto she may go well at a decent price.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 Just had the one selection on Saturday and Tea Blossom never really got into the race, again She did her best work later on maybe a slight step up in trip could help her? Aintree coming up next week so will be a busier betting week for me with a few more selections. Tea Blossom: In rear, hung left and headway over 1f out, ridden and stayed on inside final furlong, 5th of 10 Returns For Day = -2.00PTS Selections = 43 Pts Staked = 64 Winners = 10 Placed = 12 TOTAL P/L = +24.15PTS ------------------- Yearly Results: February +7.5pts March +18.65pts

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 6TH APR Randwick 3.00 (Race 7, BMW Australian Derby, Group 1) Volkstok N' Barrell (1pts win, 7/2 William Hill) A really good days racing in Australia at Royal Randwick today and as I'm in Australia wanted to pick the best races from over here as well to put into this thread as well as the big races worldwide. So the Australian Derby this year looks a pretty competitive event and while the likes of Preferment, Mongolian Khan and Hauraki will hold good claims I'm going to go with Volkstok N' Barrell. He won 16 days ago at Rosehill where he beat Preferment by a short head in the Group 1 Rosehill Guineas that was his first start in Australia after coming over from New Zealand and the way he battled all the way to the line was impressive and He is also tried and tested at today's 1 mile 4 trip and has winning form on softer ground as there has been heavy rain in Sydney in the lead up to this. Craig Williams is a good jock to have on board in these big races too and rode the horse on his sole Australian start/win so plenty to like about this horses chances. Randwick 3.40 (Race 8, Darley TJ Smith Stakes, Group 1) Terravista (1pts win, 9/4 Skybet) Austrlian sprinters have always been up there with the worlds best (and arguably the best) and this race is proof of how deep the sprinting ranks are over here. There are so many in with a shout and I like Lankan Rupee's consistency and also give a chance to 5 year old Chautaqua but I'm just leaning to the side of Terravista to take this one home. He ran third lto at Flemington to the impressive Brazen Beau and Chataqua was second but only narrowly ahead and that was his first run since November so I'm expecting him to come on for that run. The race before at the same track Terravista won beating Chataqua in second so there isn't too much to split those two. He also has excellent course form at Randwick where He is 3 from 3 and he's not ground dependant winning on everything from good to heavy, will play his part.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 Well decent runs but no money back for decent runs I'm afraid as both horses came 3rd in there respective races. A winner would be nice to keep things ticking over though Crazy Volkstok N' Barrell: Close up, Shaken up to lead 2f out, headed 150 yards from home, rallied closing stages, 3RD of 10 Terravista: Held up, Headway on outer 2f out just behind leaders, never quite getting there, 3RD of 10 Returns For Day = -2PTS Selections = 45 Pts Staked = 66 Winners = 10 Placed = 14 TOTAL P/L = +22.15PTS ------------------- 2015 Results: February +7.5pts March +18.65pts

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 8TH APR All bets BOG Nottingham 3.40 (Further Flight Stakes, Listed) Blue Rambler (1pts win, 4/1 BetVictor) Was 4 from 4 in France (one of those wins a Listed race) before coming over and had one sole British start at Leicester last October where He finished 3rd of 6 behind Rewaaya. Charlie Appleby's horses have been going great guns (on the All Weather) so trainer/stable form is currently very good. Blue Rambler will need to raise his game but as a horse on only his 6th start could be open to improvement, Cheek-pieces also applied today for the first time.

Re: Big Race Selections 2015 Blue Rambler was very weak in the market all morning and started an sp of 13/2 and ran poorly not beating a rival home which was disappointing! Blue Rambler: Took keen hold early, tracked leaders, pushed along over 4f out, lost place over 3f out, well beaten and eased, 7th of 7 Selections = 46 Pts Staked = 67 Winners = 10 Placed = 14 TOTAL P/L = +21.15PTS YIELD = +31.56% ------------------- 2015 Results: February +7.5pts (Yield +57.69%) March +18.65pts (Yield +38.06%)