National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 7th

Newbury 3:35 - Betfair Hurdle(HANDICAP) (Grade 3) (1) 2m 110yds The lightly raced Paul Nicholls 5 year old, Calipto, heads the market for the most prestigious handicap in Europe at around the 11/2 mark. The French import beat Activial on UK debut at Newbury at the end of 2013 and went on to finish 4th in the Triumph at Cheltenham behind Tiger Roll. He again ran a quality race when 3rd behind Guitar Pete at Aintree. He was beat by Tiger Roll again after a break at Cheltenham in October and should strip fitter for this but I don't like his price. I have had a small each-way on Forced Family Fun of the Quinn yard, a trainer who knows how to win this race. The horse has a very similar profile to his 2011 Betfair Hurdle winner Recession Proof. Forced Family Fun - 1 Point each-way @ 40/1 Bet365 - 5 Places Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/betfair-hurdle-tip-forced-family-fun-to-run-a-big-race-at-big-odds-for-the-quinn-team

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 7th Newbury 2:25 - Betfair Denman Chase(Grade 2) (1) 3m Unioniste I thought would have a big chance this weekend after bolting up by 10 lengths at Sandown last time out. There was a big gamble on the horse that day, so it was expected and there are rumours connections are very interested in the Grand National. I'm not sure how strong that race was last time out, and he will have to repeat that run to have any chance against much better opposition, but it was a big step in the right direction. Coneygree is another big improver after routing the field last time out but I will stick to Harry Topper who normally comes good this time of year. He also loves it here at Newbury, won this race last year by 25 lengths and if on song looks a big price at 8/1. Harry Topper - 2 Points WIN @ 8/1 Boylesports Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/denman-chase-tip-harry-topper-can-bounce-back-with-third-course-win

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 7th newb 335 betfair hurdle looking for some value in this open race ........lightentertainment has improved 26 lbs in last 9 monthes or so and still looks a potential improver .....this is a tough race but hes been gifted a nice weight and 20/1 just looks too big for a horse that might well step forward again .........of the others well you could stick a pin in ...........not sure if bordoni is due to run but if he takes his chance and can bounce back to anything like his galway hurdle run then that would put him bang in here at a huge price .........hasn't shown much lately but might of been laid out ...you never know lightentertainment 5pts win 20/1 bet365 bordoni 5pts win 40/1 bet365

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 7th 3.35 Newbury: Betfair Hurdle (2m110yds) Extremely competitive and probably one of the best handicaps of the year along with the Greenwood Hurdle at Cheltenham. Usually throws up a young progressive sort and the last three years we have seen My Tent Or Yours, Zarkandar and Splash Of Ginge prevail. You have to go back further than ten years to find a horse who has carried over 11st2lbs to victory here so it could be worth looking at Fascino Rustico, On Tour and possibly Balgarry as likely bets. I do like the Skelton runner and he was so unlucky last season when with Paul Nicholls, he looks an even better horse now as is definitely better than a 135 horse in my opinion. He travels well which is what you need here in this big field. Balgarry is from the Pipe yard and look dot be on the way back at Sundown last time while On Tour has won 3 on the bounce and not stopped improving yet. Selections: 3pts Fascino Rustico 14/1 Paddy Power 1pt Balgarry/On Tour both 16/1 Ladbrokes _________________________________________ 3.00 Newbury: Game Spirit Chase (2m1f) Only 5 runners and all about if Sire De Grugy is fit enough to do himself justice. One thing for sure is that Cheltenham in March is when it really matters so do we really want to back him 4/5 here? Well win or lose i don't. Of the others we have a rejuvenated Mr Mole and he will do for me, i saw Sire De Grugy turned over by a JP McManus horse last year (Kid Cassidy) so maybe he can do us a favor here. Selection: 2pts Mr Mole 3/1 bet365

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 7th 2.25 Newbury: Denman Chase (3m) 6 runners and last years winner Harry Topper lines up with conditions to suit, he has two poor performances to put behind him and maybe worth watching here before getting involved again. No big stars have entered, we have had 4 winners rated over 170 since 2007 and thats not going to happen here so it may be worth taking a chance on the novice Coneygree for trainer Mark Bradstock. He has done nothing wrong and was only beaten once over hurdles and that was in the Neptune behind At Fishers Cross. He has started his chasing career well and will love this test of stamina on a course that is ideal. Of the others i like Taquin Du Seuil, lots of ability but the yard were wrong for a while but are now flying, he could show improved form. Selections: 2pts Coneygree 7/2 bet365 1pt Taquin Du Seuil 9/2 Skybet _____________________________________ 2.40 Warwick: OLBG Mares Hurdle (2m5f) The latest in the Mares series and not a strong renewal if i'm honest. The top one Glens Melody won here last season and has had this targeted on her way to the big one at the Festival where she finished second to Quevega last season. She has 10b in hand of the Henderson runner Mayfair Music and the nearest rival on ratings is Mickie trained by Henry Daly and she has been chasing so far this season without much success. To be honest i cant see much point in opposing Glens Melody and will look at the prices later to see if they are worth getting involved with. Selection: Glens Melody

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 7th 2.25pm Newbury – BETFAIR DENMAN STEEPLE CHASE There may only be six runners, but this could be a cracker. Coneygree has really impressed so far over fences and is sure to go off at a strong pace. He may only be a novice, but he is talented and I expect him to run well. The one I favour, however, is TAQUIN DU SEUIL. He was a top class novice last season and stayed on well to beat Uxizandre in the JLT Novices’ Chase. Connections have stepped him up in trip this season and on his second start he ran well to finish second to Menorah in the Charlie Hall, with both Double Ross and Silviniaco Conti behind him. He ran below form last time, but Jonjo’s horses were in bad form during the autumn and are in much better form now and it was in a very hot race, as it contained Silviniaco Conti, Cue Card and Dynaste. There are no such opponents for this and he is favoured by the weights, so having proved he stays three miles in the Charlie Hall, it is easy to see him running a big race. 2.40pm Warwick – OLBG.com MARES’ HURDLE RACE GLENS MELODY won this race last year and has won both starts at Warwick. After landing this in 2014 she went on to run the mighty Quevega close at Cheltenham, so she is a classy mare. Last time out she ran a fair race to finish second to the progressive Kitten Rock and looks in prime form to run another big race and is selected to win.

Re: National Hunt Racing > Saturday February 7th 14.25 Newbury: Denman Chase (Grade 2) - Harry Tropper: Won this race in heavy conditions last year. Only seen twice since then and both times pulled up. This is easier than latest Betfair Chase. Ground should suit and perfect track record. - Unioniste: Course and distance winner. Back to form when clear winner of Handicap at Sandown last month. CP fitted 1st time. - Double Ross: Pulled up in King George, all wins came over shorter, has been placed over 3m in the past though. Still stamina to prove to be capable to win Grade 2 over this trip, - Houblon De Obeaux: Runner-up last two, finds it hard to win these days. Trip and ground fine but slightly below level normally required to win this. - Coneygree: Unexposed and still lightly raced. Smart hurdler who took very well to fences, won last two in Novice company in Grade 2 & 1 level. Track & trip should suit, - Taquin Du Seuil: Pulled up in King Gorge. Fine runner-up behind Menorah in the Charlie Hall. Bit of a break may have done him no harm. Trip in soft ground conditions slight worry. Verdict: If Taquin Du Seuil gets his jumping together and has no problem with the soft ground over the 3m today, he'll be a big runner. Houblon De Obeaux as the Hennessy runner-up must be rated a good chance as well. He is in fine form and this race looks one where he could finally win on this high level since leaving the novice ranks. Harry Tropper won this race last year but it's hard to know what to expect from him today. I don't think Unioniste is good enough, neither should be Double Ross. But the lightly raced Coneygree makes plenty of appeal, now going outside Novice company for the first time. He was a smart hurdler and has excelled over the big fences in two career starts so far, most impressively landing the Kauto Star Chase. It would be only appropriate if he'd win subsequently the Denman Chase. He could be anything, but potentially has a good deal of improvement left, and neither trip nor ground conditions should pose a problem for him. Coneygree @ 7/2 Bet365 - 5pts win