The Foxhunter Steeple Chase > Friday March 13th @ 4:00pm

Re: The Foxhunter Steeple Chase > Friday March 13th @ 4:00pm 2015 Foxhunter Chase Trends 22 of the last 24 winners were aged under 11 23 of the last 29 winners won last time out The Irish have won 5 of the last 9 runnings 23 of the last 26 winners started in Point-to-Points or Hunter Chases 20 of the last 21 winners had won a race under rules

• 3 weeks later...

Re: The Foxhunter Steeple Chase > Friday March 13th @ 4:00pm Just to keep everyone up to date with the situation as things stand. Teaforthree needs to finish 1st or 2nd in a hunter chase before the 24th to qualify. He is likely to run at Haydock on Saturday as there is a £10k bonus for winning there and at Cheltenham. Jamie Codd said after his Bangor romp that he rode like a 150 horse and he will be my banker of the meeting. On The Fringe is next in the betting, but he doesn't get up the hill well enough and if he were mine I would save him for Aintree. Paint The Clouds looks set to run at Taunton on Tuesday as his prep and it will be to his advantage that he hasn't had to qualify, but as good as he is I can't see him beating Teaforthree. Current Event is an unproven over the trip and his Musselburgh wintold us nothing. Harbour Court was unimpressive when winning a point a coupleof weeks ago and his trainer said afterwards he reckons he needs 4m now. Aerialhas qualified by winning a couple of points very easily but they weren’t greatraces and he looked a bit doggy under Rules before. Salsify ran a perfectlygood come back race at Leopardstown and should go well again.

Re: The Foxhunter Steeple Chase > Friday March 13th @ 4:00pm

Well Teaforthree was pretty useless today. That it now or do you reckon they will try and get him qualified?
That was always the concern with him as it can be a rush to get horses qualified especially after he had to miss Warwick. He is not entered in any races so far next week so the only one left is fontwell next Sunday but I can't see them bothering now. They should have gone for an easier race rather than be greedy. Also despite the Bangor win being very easy you never know quite how much it takes out of them. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

• 3 weeks later...

Re: The Foxhunter Steeple Chase > Friday March 13th @ 4:00pm I am open to criticism Addpea! :lol Cheltenham 4:00 - St. James's Place Foxhunter Chase Challenge Cup(2) 3m2f 110yds The Foxhunters Chase looks wide open this year in my view. I like to get a bit of value and I think CARSONSTOWN BOY could be just that, as big as 20/1 with Coral which looks big. The 11 year old, who is trained by Colin McBratney in Ireland, finished 2nd behind Tammy's Hill in last years' renewal of the race at 40/1. His Fairyhouse run last time out was a big step back in the right direction, a good 2nd behind Last Time D'Albain and he was 37 lengths clear of the third horse, Good Egg. That was over a trip that was too short for him these days, so things look all set for a big run at Cheltenham on Friday afternoon. >>>>> Carsonstown Boy - 1 Point each-way @ 20/1 Coral https://www.punterslounge.com/cheltenham-festival/

I am open to criticism Addpea! :lol Cheltenham 4:00 - St. James's Place Foxhunter Chase Challenge Cup(2) 3m2f 110yds The Foxhunters Chase looks wide open this year in my view. I like to get a bit of value and I think CARSONSTOWN BOY could be just that, as big as 20/1 with Coral which looks big. The 11 year old, who is trained by Colin McBratney in Ireland, finished 2nd behind Tammy's Hill in last years' renewal of the race at 40/1. His Fairyhouse run last time out was a big step back in the right direction, a good 2nd behind Last Time D'Albain and he was 37 lengths clear of the third horse, Good Egg. That was over a trip that was too short for him these days, so things look all set for a big run at Cheltenham on Friday afternoon. >>>>> Carsonstown Boy - 1 Point each-way @ 20/1 Coral https://www.punterslounge.com/cheltenham-festival/
Certainly couldn't put you off him and obviously without last year's winner in the race he is the first home from last year running here. Wouldn't surprise me if he hit the frame.

Re: The Foxhunter Steeple Chase > Friday March 13th @ 4:00pm 4.00 Cheltenham: St.James’s Place Foxhunter Chase (3m2f110y) The Irish trainers are on a roll in the Foxhunters and Tammys Hill won last year hot on the heels of two victories for Rodger Sweeney’s Salsify. Some top trainers turn up here with their ex-stable stars and we will see lots of familiar faces although it doesn’t always work out like that and previous handicap ratings can usually be thrown out of the window in this contest. Six of the best; On The Fringe – A 10yo trained by Enda Bolger for JP McManus, he has been a regular in these races and was 4th in 2011 and third to Tammys Hill last year. Finished second to Prince De Beauchene last month in his prep race and looks sure to be on the premises once again. Very reliable but probably not getting any quicker these days. Paint The Clouds – A Warren Greatrex runner, his first in this race and a real chance with a horse who won twice over hurdles here at Cheltenham in his younger days. Unbeaten in four Hunter Chases and been very impressive in all of them. Last time at Doncaster he beat Quinz by ten lengths and has been the mount of Sam Waley-Cohen all season. Current Event – Rose Loxton who used to look after Big Bucks has set up a small yard for hunters and this horse has taken over from Gwanako has her stable star. Been enjoying plenty of success in the point field but won at Musselburgh last time out by six lengths and now comes here with every chance. Part owned by Paul Nicholls so the gaffer will be watching. No Loose Change – Talking of Paul Nicholls, this is the Ditcheat runner this year. He loves this race and sends one every year and No Loose Change is quite lightly raced for his age and was rated in the 140’s as a chaser so definitely has the capability of winning in this grade. Easily won at Fontwell last time and goes on any ground. Muirhead – The Crawfords run Muirhead who is a 12yo now. Champion Amateur Derek O’Connor has been riding this old fellow and won his last two races at Tyrella and Kirkistown. Very smart in his hey-day and was 5th in the Champion Hurdle behind Punjabi but struggled towards the end of his rules career. His comeback on the Hunter Chase scene seems to have revitalised him and could go well with his class alone. Aerial – Formerly with Paul Nicholls and officially trained by Jack Barber. This 9yo was a very useful horse and rated 155 at his best. Not ran under rules since the beginning of 2014 and been pointing since. Won both of his starts in his new career and comes here in good form. Will Biddick gets the leg-up and his experience will count for a lot. Verdict: Very competitive this year and former winner Salsify lines up again, I’m not sure he’s as good as he was is overlooked here. Paint The Clouds will be popular in the market but I’m taking a chance on Current Event for new trainer Rose Loxton. 1pt EW Current Event 11/1 BetVictor

Re: The Foxhunter Steeple Chase > Friday March 13th @ 4:00pm Rain is putting me off Paint The Clouds a little as I am not sure he will want a slog. Still he stays well and so he might be ok on it. I am almost fancying Universal Solider more though. He handles soft ground and as I say above all he does is stay so if it is a slog then he will be passing horses who have cried enough. 22/1 is a big price on him. I have also backed Salisfy small e/w and Following Dreams even smaller e/w at 66s as his price is too big and worth taking a small chance on.

Re: The Foxhunter Steeple Chase > Friday March 13th @ 4:00pm One from Uk and One from Ireland..... Paint The Clouds @ 9\2 PP Ground could be a concern but have faith in the jockey (SWC) who I expect to get a winner this week. Very good amateur jockey and knows the horse well having won on him the last 4 times. On The Fringe @ 8\1 PP 2nd last time out at Leopardstown to a very good horse and has run well in this race before.

Re: The Foxhunter Steeple Chase > Friday March 13th @ 4:00pm Never thought On The Fringe would ever stay on up the hill well enough in this race, but boy that was an impressive performance. Hope some of you got on Following Dreams e/w just wish I had a bigger bet on him myself now!

Never thought On The Fringe would ever stay on up the hill well enough in this race' date=' but boy that was an impressive performance. Hope some of you got on Following Dreams e/w just wish I had a bigger bet on him myself now![/quote']i got on it, thanks a lot.