** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Stoke City v Chelsea > Monday December 22nd

Aidymac

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Monday December 22nd 4pts Under 2.5 goals 1.85 Ladbrokes Stoke will give this a go like they always do against the top sides but I would expect Chelsea to be too good for them in the end. That said Chelsea couldn’t break Sunderland down a couple of weeks ago so there is no guarantees that they will break this Stoke defence down. Stoke aren’t the most creative side in the league so I can see goals being a bit of a struggle for both teams here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stoke-vs-chelsea-betting-goals-might-not-come-freely-on-monday-night

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Monday December 22nd Stoke City will surely beef up their defense as they go head to head with Chelsea. They have all it takes to slow down Chelsea but i agree with MrClubbie. I expect Chelsea to find a weak point no matter how small. I will go with an away win for Chelsea but 2-1 or BTS

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Monday December 22nd It is always tough to visit Stoke on their own ground,especially on Monday and at this time of the year when you have your energy running low.Chelsea under Mourinho are very tight and usually win by 1 or 2 goals difference.Stoke were on a bad streak of losing 3 in a row after which they beat Arsenal in a memorable 3:2 clash.That was followed by a tight and nervy draw with Crystal Palace.Chelsea beat Derby in midweek in a very important game for them after losing to Newcastle on the road a few weeks back.They proved that they can win not only at home but on the road too.Last time they met Stoke on Britannia,it was the home team who were victorious over the away side.This could have been a surprise because of the reasons stated above but i think we won't see anything different from a win for the favourites tonight.Stoke are missing important players such as Sidwell,Moses and Odemwinigie while Bojan and Ireland are doubtful and most probably not 100 % fit.Drogba might be out for Chelsea but they have a long bench and he would be well replaced by Costa.Anyway as i said it is this time of the year when schedule is very unkind to the the teams and you should save your energy.I doubt it will be a blow out but i have no doubts Mourinho will take the 3 points tonight.AW @ 1.6 with bet365. 0 : 2

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Monday December 22nd Given that Stoke has a list of injuries and their opponents are Chelsea... I really doubt they will be in attack mode in fact. Probably Stoke will present 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 formation and make a fast breakthrough when they have the ball... I expect an ultra defensive mode from Stoke. Lets try UNDER goals, that will be my pick

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Monday December 22nd Looking at Stokes home games they are still relatively strong, however there does always seem to be more goals this season. They also almost never lose by more than 1 goal at home so if Chelsea win I expect a 1-2 type result. Chelsea also haven't been smashing teams (away) recently, winning by 1 goal, drawing and a 2-1 loss to Newcastle. I expect Stoke to atleast score here with a narrow Chelsea win. I will be taking advantage of the Bet365 offer as follows: Pre game qualifying bet: Chelsea Double Chance 1/8 In-play bet: Correct score 1-2 8/1 edit.....Pre game bet changed to straight chels win at 8/13 also didn't get the inplay bet on in time before JTs goal, was trying for 3-1... watch this space updated bets: Chels to win 8/13 Costa to score 6/5

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Monday December 22nd Been away from here a long time but glad to return. Anyway to turn to the match itself thought would put down some stats noted. 1.Last 4 home games Stoke have conceded 2 goals per game. 2.Stoke have failed to score in 5/6 games against Chelsea suggesting to me last seasons 3-2 victory was blip 3.Overall Chelsea won 9/12 premier league games against Stoke. I would also suggest that this is the strongest Chelsea team for a few years while Stoke have certainly not gone forward that this all points to a Chelsea win at 8/13 Corals. I must admit that my judgment may be partially clouded as I am waiting on Chelsea for a pretty serious payout. I am guaranteed decent money regardless of result and maybe I should lay them to guarantee more money

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Monday December 22nd if stoke score who is likely to score bojan, walters or maybe crouch from set play? i have to admit though my opinion is that bojan is too small to be be dangerous on any high ball situations. i don't see stoke walking in chelsea defense and scoring. they are a physically bullish so i can see them fighting chelsea for midfield possession . the only way i see maybe stoke scoring a goal is by crouch getting on a set piece cross or free kick. i think chances will be very few between these two sides. it will be hard midfield battle and i don't see more than one goal which will probably go to chelsea. i was thinking of going for both teams to score but now i feel diego costa may make the difference to chelsea win. he can be a bit of a menace when things get rough. i think diego costa anytime scorer and chelsea win make the most appeal.

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Monday December 22nd Over 2.5 is the value for me, this isn't the old solid defence Stoke we used to know, they leak goals for fun and are more than capable of scoring too. Their last 4 home games have all gone over, 2-1 v Swansea, 2-2 v West Ham, 1-2 v Burnley and 3-2 v Arsenal. If Chelsea are on their A-GAME tonight, they could easily slip 4 past this Stoke team.. At the other end, Crouch, Krkic, Walters are all very capable in front of goal. Chelsea have only won 1 of their last 4 away games in the league too, so they will be out to prove a point tonight I think. Over 2.5 the way to go at a shade above evens.

Re: Stoke City v Chelsea > Monday December 22nd

It is always tough to visit Stoke on their own ground' date=especially on Monday and at this time of the year when you have your energy running low.Chelsea under Mourinho are very tight and usually win by 1 or 2 goals difference.Stoke were on a bad streak of losing 3 in a row after which they beat Arsenal in a memorable 3:2 clash.That was followed by a tight and nervy draw with Crystal Palace.Chelsea beat Derby in midweek in a very important game for them after losing to Newcastle on the road a few weeks back.They proved that they can win not only at home but on the road too.Last time they met Stoke on Britannia,it was the home team who were victorious over the away side.This could have been a surprise because of the reasons stated above but i think we won't see anything different from a win for the favourites tonight.Stoke are missing important players such as Sidwell,Moses and Odemwinigie while Bojan and Ireland are doubtful and most probably not 100 % fit.Drogba might be out for Chelsea but they have a long bench and he would be well replaced by Costa.Anyway as i said it is this time of the year when schedule is very unkind to the the teams and you should save your energy.I doubt it will be a blow out but i have no doubts Mourinho will take the 3 points tonight.AW @ 1.6 with bet365. 0 : 2
:nana