** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Arsenal v AS Monaco > Wednesday February 25th

Aidymac

Re: Arsenal v AS Monaco > Wednesday February 25th Odds continue to rise and unjustifiably for me. No interest in what Monaco did in the group stage against such poor opposition, how can people refer to games played months ago when 3 or 4 of the main defensive components won't play? If Berbatov is the best forward they have they are in all sorts of trouble as his peak was about 8 years ago. Arsenal have picked up as they usually do in the final stages of the season, a wealth of attacking players now fit and ready, Giroud in the form of his life. Arsenal haven't done much in Europe lately but then in the last two seasons they have been knocked out by Bayern Munich twice, hardly a disgrace. Arsenal have a good home record against overly defensive sides, Monaco don't have the weapons to go toe to toe with them so expect them to play 4-1-4-1 counter attacking when possible. First goal time will be key to this bet winning but at these odds this bet has to be taken for me. Arsenal -1.0AH - 2.15 - bet365 - 3 Points

Re: Arsenal v AS Monaco > Wednesday February 25th

This post loses all credibility when you refer to manchester united as a good defensive team
You re right, their defense sucks and none of the players deserve to wear the shirt imo. still in games where they re not expected to attack (so away games vs the top 4 basically) they are pretty settled back, and Arsenal created maybe 2 good chances against them. So yea, vs most of the PL opponents their defense looks shaky as shit, still they didnt concede as many as arsenal.

To be fair' date=' Man Utd have conceaded less goals in the league (26) this season than Arsenal (29) and only Southampton (19) Chelsea (22) & Man City (25) have conceaded less. So they aren't as bad at the back as it seems.[/quote'] That means nothing in my eyes. When your goalkeeper is by far the best player on your team, there is a big problem with the defence. Without De Gea, fekk knows how many goals we'd have shipped this year. Getting onto the Arsenal game, everything points to a home win. Unlike City, Arsenal always do well in the Champions League, and always give it 100%.. Over 2.5 goals would be the call for me.

In an overall underish game expected' date=' I will go against the public, with another ''safety bet'', medium to high stakes - [b']OVer 2 Goals at 1,575 bet365. I do not rule out Monaco scoring, and I also believe on a good day Arsenal can score in any CL game 2 or more goals... GL
Bless you, Berba for this second goal, to return my money in a weird game. Arsenal need a lot of luck to score at least one with less than 10 minutes to go...fingers crossed for another though. P.S. FT 1-3 :loon...I really hope this will reduce the number of tipsters here, who quote domestic league stats in order to make their reasoning...better no reasoning! Different League CL is...!

I'm happy to back Monaco here at current odds. Arsenal probably have the stronger squad (Transfermarkt values their squad over 3 times as much as Monaco's) and have played superb attacking football at times this season. Monaco's strength is their defence, as others have said here. They conceded one goal in their six group games (away to Benfica). Both sides shots stats from the group games are similar. I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal win by a few goals, but given the group records and shots stats, I think it makes sense to back Monaco. Monaco beat Arsenal 1-0 last August in the pre-season 'Emirates Cup'. Monaco +1AH 2.08 Marathon Stake: 5 points
Result: Arsenal 1 Monaco 3 Bet won :ok Stake: 5 points Return: 10.4 points Profit/loss = +5.4 points

the heck with arsenal i am going outright win for monaco. the price on them is very good and bookies are underestimating them. i love the underdogs and since they are probably best defensive team in europe they will be tough to beat. there is every chance they could score one goal and if they do first then arsenal are going to have tough time breaking them down. i don't buy this they can't score bullshit. they can score goals and i expect too. arsenal are more liability to me as they push players forward i am certain they will be caught out by monaco counter attacking wing play
hooray :nana

Re: Arsenal v AS Monaco > Wednesday February 25th Going into the match we saw Kurzawa (left fullback) was out and also the right full back Toure was an 18 year old on debut. Perfect Arsenal have Ox and Walcott to destroy them on the flanks right? Wrong. Wenger left them on the bench! Wenger started Welback the piece of wood over these two and he isn't up to standard. Also starting those two wingers would have allowed Sanchez to play a more central position instead of Ozil who plays like he's heavily medicated. And when when when will this Mertesaker charade come to an end? :puke

Re: Arsenal v AS Monaco > Wednesday February 25th Glad I didn't make the bet an official and just punted a bit. Did not watch the game as well. Had the strangest feeling about it and I actually expected that Arsenal higher quality would surpass Monaco. Leonardo Jardim had trouble in beating FC Porto and Benfica last season (6 matches against them and only 1 win. 3 losses and 2 draws) so I would expect that this would happen again. Totally wrong. I actually though of draw too but that would have lost as well. Never, I never expected Monaco to win. I'm really glad for Leonardo Jardim and fellow portuguese players in Monaco (Bernardo Silva, João Moutinho and Ricardo Carvalho). Leonardo is a very undervalued manager. Few managers know how to build a defensive process as he does. congrats to everyone who tipped Monaco and handicaps on them. Well done.