** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Players Championship Finals - 28-30 Nov

kevshat

The final tournament before the World Championship takes place in Minehead this week as 32 top players play out for the title of Players Championship champion. All the action is live on ITV4 and it looks like a cracking draw so it should be a good weekend of arrers. Draw, schedule and format here: http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/1bwqsjctmccy419rt18y4pr6ag/title/cash-converters-players-championship-draw

Re: Players Championship Finals - 28-30 Nov Tournament preview: 1pt ew A.Lewis to win Players Championship Finals 16/1 Boylesports (1/2 1-2) Adrian Lewis hasn’t set the world alight for a while but there have been signs that his form might not be far away from coming back and I fancy him to be more up for this weekend than he might normally be as he searches for some confidence and momentum to take into the big one next month with him. Lewis was wretched in the early parts of the Grand Slam but did beat his first round opponent here Dave Chisnall before he departed and since then he has rammed in a 9 dart finish in a pro tour event at the weekend which further shows that his form is coming back. The last time Lewis set foot in Minehead he blitzed his way to the UK Open title which is another positive for backing him here and if he can get through Chisnall in the first round he won’t fear anyone over the longer distances so 16/1 could be huge value on Lewis to hit the Jackpot this weekend. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/players-championship-finals-betting-adrian-lewis-can-recapture-top-form-in-minehead

Re: Players Championship Finals - 28-30 Nov [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 28 November 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] White, I v Caven, J (12:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Pipe, J v Newton, W (13:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dolan, B v Painter, K (13:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.28 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.75 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Thornton, R v Webster, D (14:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Huybrechts, K v Jenkins, T (14:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.12 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Smith, M v Smith, A (15:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Winstanley, D (15:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.51 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] King, M v Gilding, A (16:15 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bunting, S v Beaton, S (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.31 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] van der Voort, V v Hamilton, A (19:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Klaasen, J (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.92 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Chisnall, D (20:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.82 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Baxter, R (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.13 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderson, G v Kist, C (21:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.05 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] van Gerwen, M v van Barneveld, R (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.89 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wright, P v van de Pas, B (22:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Players Championship Finals - 28-30 Nov Friday afternoon selected previews: 4pts I.White to beat J.Caven 8/11 Betfred I like Ian White here. I would have done anyway I think but his win last week just sharpens up my confidence in the Diamond getting the tournament underway with a win. Caven’s TV form has been pretty ordinary this year and I don’t really see an area of the game where he has the better of White. The two met last weekend and White won 6-5 and I can see him winning again, perhaps a bit easier too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/white-vs-caven-betting-ian-white-can-build-on-last-week-s-win-with-victory-over-caven 4pts K.Painter to beat B.Dolan 5/4 Boylesports This tournament will be one Kevin Painter is fond of as to date it is the only PDC major he has won and he earned a fair bit of money off the back of that in sponsorships and a Premier League spot so he’ll be up for this one. Brendan Dolan doesn’t seem to be able to produce the same power on his scoring on TV as he does on the floor and he could be vulnerable to a fired up Painter here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dolan-vs-painter-betting-kevin-painter-can-revive-fond-memories-with-first-round-win 4pts M.Smith (-2.5 legs) to beat A.Smith 11/10 Boylesports Michael Smith’s 6-0 head to head record over Andy Smith probably isn’t a great surprise given how heavy the youngster scores and I firmly expect that to be 7-0 when this one is finished. Andy Smith is competitive on the floor but you’d have to go back a long way for his last good TV performance so as long as Michael Smith can find a rhythm early on this should be a routine win for him. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/m-smith-vs-a-smith-betting-michael-smith-can-see-off-his-namesake-once-again 4pts M.King vs A.Gilding - Over 9.5 legs 11/10 Coral You know what you’re going to get from these two. They will score steadily and finish well enough and I expect this to be a pretty close match throughout. King never knows when he is beaten and Andrew Gilding will be fighting hard to make an impression on the big stage so I sense this one could be one of the closer matches in the afternoon and I fancy more than 9.5 legs in it. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/king-vs-gilding-betting-afternoon-closer-can-stay-tight-throughout

Re: Players Championship Finals - 28-30 Nov Friday evening selected previews: 4pts S.Bunting (-2.5 legs) to beat S.Beaton 11/10 Boylesports It is hard to see anything but a Bunting win in this match. He is by far the better player and his form is much stronger than Beaton’s. I’ve never really ever been convinced by Beaton when he’s playing from behind so if Bunting can get ahead early I would expect him to cruise into the second round and cover a fairly modest 2.5 leg handicap in the process. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bunting-vs-beaton-betting-bunting-can-cruise-through-minehead-opener 4pts V.van der Voort to beat A.Hamilton 11/10 Spreadex I’m convinced Vincent is going to make a big breakthrough in a TV tournament soon. There will be a week where he is blistering on his doubles soon and when that comes he is going to do some damage. I would suggest it is more likely to come in a week like this where he isn’t running into the upper echelon players straight away so I like his chances here. Hamilton has gone right off the scent on the box this year and another early exit could come his way here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-der-voort-vs-hamilton-betting-vincent-can-launch-a-good-weekend-with-hamilton-win 4pts J.Klaasen (+2.5 legs) to beat J.Wade Evs Skybet I’ve said before how I feel Jelle Klaasen is a big stage player and I think he’ll raise it here and give Wade a good game. Wade didn’t look his best at the Grand Slam recently so if he doesn’t bring his best game with him here Klaasen will have every chance of taking him out. I think Wade will have enough to come through this match but I fancy Klaasen can take four legs before he does. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wade-vs-klaasen-betting-jelle-klaasen-can-push-wade-all-the-way-in-minehead 4pts R.Barneveld (+2.5 legs) to beat M.van Gerwen 4/5 Ladbrokes Barneveld should have beaten van Gerwen in Edinburgh there’s no doubt about that but we know he can beat him on the big stage because he did it in the Grand Slam final a couple of years ago and the Premier League final this year. Had Barney finished the job off in The Masters he would have had two wins in their last three TV meetings so even if he doesn’t win this one I’ve got to think he’ll take at least four legs off a jaded looking van Gerwen. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-barneveld-betting-barneveld-can-run-the-world-champ-close-once-again

Re: Players Championship Finals - 28-30 Nov Simon Whitlock vs Dean Winstanley - Under 4.5 180s @ 5/4. Small stake. It's very rare that you will see me backing unders, but I can't help but feel that this line is set way too high. The 5/4 available with Paddy Power seems very good to me. Both of these players are good scorers, but haven't shown much recently. Whitlock has had a somewhat poor year, showing no big signs of a return to form (although he did reach a floor semi-final on the weekend). Winstanley's recent improvement seems to have arrested of late and he might has well have not bothered turning up to the Grand Slam. Even if this match goes the distance (a ~25/30% chance), you're expecting a maximum every other leg, which I think even then is too high for an odds against shout.

Re: Players Championship Finals - 28-30 Nov

Terry Jenkins vs Wes Newton - Wes Newton @ 6/4. Small stake. When this match was set up yesterday, I had it down as an evens a piece shout, so I see some slight value in Newton at this price.
Good shouts Jazzer. 6/4 was very big when you factor in the head to head too.