** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

NK Maribor v FC Schalke 04 > Wednesday December 10th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]NK Maribor v FC Schalke 04 (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.35 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: NK Maribor v FC Schalke 04 > Wednesday December 10th Agree with your statements, but desires and reality often part early on. What I see is Schalke desperate for a win, and they are coming to Maribor with 2 wins in the league, scoring an astonishing (even for Bundesliga) 8 goals and conceding 1. The only problem with such games is the effect of the other game being played at Stamford Bridge. Maribor, despite its appeal and really uber performances especially at home, is nearing its limit. They posses great discipline and team spirit, to them Schalke seems very appealing as the team believes they can achieve a historic success in tonights fixture. But I would like to note the unrealistic expectations of the home crowd and the club in general, a couple of good matches and already they believe they should be competing for top spots in the group.. This is very typical for the teams in the region and its also the undoing of the teams in important matches. I believe there is value to be had in-play if Chelsea respect their part of the deal and score an early goal. Should that happen I expect Schalke to outplay Maribor and smash a couple of goals. Maribor is very loose in the back conceding 5 (!) goals in their last 3 home games vs. crap opposition. Sporting outpaced Maribor to score 3, although Maribor had their chances. Its a tough nut to crack, there are absences in the Schalke squad, where Draxler, Farfan, Kolašinac and Goretzka are missing and a couple of doubts surrounding Boateng, Obasi, Felipe Santana and Sam. But in their last 2 games, vs. solid Bundesliga opposition these players were not starters anyways, so I wouldnt expect a heavy influence on the visiting side. Especially given the fact that Choupo-Moting, Huntelar scored 3 each and even Barnetta scored in the last 180 minutes of play. They produced some marvellous football and very efficient play creating numerous chances. In such games anything goes, and we've all seen bigger teams failing disgracefully in the past, but odds on Schalke seem too generous to pass. For starters I will bet a couple of units pre-game, and also try to find good value in-play. I will place pre-game bets at a domestic bookie in Slovenia, since they obviously favour the home. Pre-game- Local bookie: Schalke to win @ 1.80 (local bookie) 7/10 HT/FT - Schalke/Schalke @ 3.00; 3/10 Bet365 Total goals and btts - Over 2,5 & NO @ 7.00; 1/10 Goal in first 10 minutes - yes @ 4.00; 2/10 And all the rest I will try to formulate in-play depending on the other match. Good luck!

Re: NK Maribor v FC Schalke 04 > Wednesday December 10th Maribor has been the outsider since the beggining of the group stage and yet here they are looking for 3 points in a home game (where they are unbeaten in the last 7 european games) in order to continue in Europa League. Winning Schalke isn't something impossible, although the Germans have really high morale after their achievements in Bundesliga. Both teams will fight for the win as Schalke's goal is the round of '16'' and not Europa League, so they will both attack a lot but also they will have to be very carefull in the defense.(i'm expecting a good game here like Olympiacos - Malmo yesterday) Everything is open in this game and let's not forget that even Chelsea couldn't win in Maribor's home, so I find really good the odds in double chance. Maribor to win or Draw (DC) @ 2.34 Marathonbet

Re: NK Maribor v FC Schalke 04 > Wednesday December 10th

0.4 units of loss... Really bad performance by Schalke' date=' but at least the loss was contained with that goal, should Huntelaar have passed or scored in that last 1st half attack it would be great...[/quote'] It sounds as thought it was a good game from the UEFA report - http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/matches/round=2000548/match=2014392/postmatch/report/index.html#schalke+through+maribor