DP World Tour Championships > November 20th - 23rd

Aidymac

Re: DP World Tour Championships > November 20th - 23rd Ian Poulter @ 19 Various Poulter has been well in contention the past two weeks and frankly should have won last week given his poor Saturday and at worst forced a play-off. You had Rose and McIlroy as added foes this week but with Rory haven taken a fair bit of time off and with the R2D secured I'm willing to oppose him this week (though I said that at the PGA too). Rose is quite capable but Poulter for mine has a bit more going for him at a bigger price. He's been 2nd twice here including to Stenson last year and when you consider he really should have won last week I'm happy to make Poults the standout bet among the favourites this week.

Re: DP World Tour Championships > November 20th - 23rd Tournament preview (am in complete agreement with Crouchy): 2pts ew I.Poulter to win DP World Tour Championship 18/1 Coral (1/4 1-5) Ian Poulter happens to be the player I like this week. He may well have a point to prove after letting the title slip away in Turkey last week and we know he loves a challenge and to prove people wrong. We can almost take it as given that Poulter will come to life at this stage of the year and that has been the case again this year with him finishing sixth and second in the last two weeks. He’s been the bridesmaid around here twice in the past but now it could well be time for him to be the top dog. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dp-world-tour-championship-betting-ian-poulter-can-end-the-season-in-style-in-dubai

Re: DP World Tour Championships > November 20th - 23rd Top player previews: 1pt ew B.Grace Top Rest of the World Player 11/1 Stan James (1/4 1-3) I fancy another South African to go well this week. Branden Grace is just coming back into a bit of form and his length off the tee is often underrated. He can get it out there and with the rest of his game coming back into decent touch he should go well. Grace is no stranger to going well in the middle-east with top ten finishes in Qatar and Abu Dhabi in the past so he looks a fair enough price at 11/1 in this market. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dp-world-tour-championship-betting-branden-grace-looks-fair-value-in-the-rest-of-the-world-market 1pt R.Cabrera-Bello Top Spaniard 7/1 Coral It is fair to say Cabrera-Bello hasn’t had a particularly inspiring year so far but he has won a title in Dubai having landed the Dubai Desert Classic a couple of years ago and he has some other good results in the middle-east so a return to an area he goes well in could be the tonic he needs. We saw in Germany earlier in the year that RCB hasn’t lost any of his ability and if a return to happy surroundings rejuvenates him the 7/1 on him leading this quartet could look fairly big come Sunday afternoon. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dp-world-tour-championship-betting-rafa-cabrera-bello-can-lead-the-spanish-quartet

Re: DP World Tour Championships > November 20th - 23rd With winners at 16/1, 50/1, 40/1, 6/1 and 11/1 since the tournament's inception in 2009 - it's clear that cream rises to the top with Westwood, McIlroy and Stenson taking 3 of the 5 victories. However Quiros and Karlsson won here at mid-prices, so I like the look of Joost Luiten at 40/1 (General). Now placed well within the OWGR Top 50, Luiten has developed again in 2014 and was close to a Ryder Cup pick. 4th here last year, the Dutchman arrives in Dubai in excellent form and importantly he likes putting on the Earth Course's green complexes. Long and accurate; he now mentally feels that he belongs at this level. Of the short prices Garcia and Poulter deserve support and more value is also available in Stephen Gallacher and Mikko Ilonen. Gallacher has a fantastic record in Dubai and the wide fairway/high GIR% nature of the test this week plays into his hands perfectly. His stellar 2014 could be 'topped off' with a contending performance. Mikko Ilonen makes tonnes of sense on that basis and the recent Volvo World Matchplay Champion is brim full of confidence right now. 19th on debut here 12 months ago, Ilonen is a far better player these days and remember his strong performance at Valhalla back in August. A tournament which featured none other than McIlroy and Stenson. Gallacher (70/1) and Ilonen (90/1) finish the squad.

Re: DP World Tour Championships > November 20th - 23rd Hi all I have bee analysing a new tool to identify value at DP event. Module quickly shortlisted the following 15 based on Top 15s on this course and / or last few weeks form: mcilroy, oosthuizen, westwood, koepke, Donaldson, Garcia, poulter,lowry, rose, wattle, blixt,larrazabal, dubuisson, luiten, schwartzel. I then omitted Luiten, schwartzel, blixt larrazabal as they have not had a top 10 since September at earliest, I the omit wattle as he only best finished 21st here before. We are now left with 9 players for whom only 4 have much better form at this time of year in 2014 than they have had in previous years running into this tournament (all others are playing worst than this time last few years) - they shortlisted 4 are therefore McIlroy, Donaldson, Lowry, Oosthuizen. In Round 1 market, 3 players stand out of fast starting trends at course and recent Top 15s after R1. Olesen has had 3 Top 15s at this course before after R1 and has had 1 Top 15 in recent weeks after R1, Kaymer has had 2 Tops 15s here before and had 2 recent top 15s after R1 and Colsaerts has had 1 previous course Top 15 after R1 but has been blistering out of blocks recently with 4 Top 15s in recent weeks after R1

Re: DP World Tour Championships > November 20th - 23rd

Hi all I have bee analysing a new tool to identify value at DP event. Module quickly shortlisted the following 15 based on Top 15s on this course and / or last few weeks form: mcilroy' date=' oosthuizen, westwood, koepke, Donaldson, Garcia, poulter,lowry, rose, wattle, blixt,larrazabal, dubuisson, luiten, schwartzel. I then omitted Luiten, schwartzel, blixt larrazabal as they have not had a top 10 since September at earliest, I the omit wattle as he only best finished 21st here before. We are now left with 9 players for whom only 4 have much better form at this time of year in 2014 than they have had in previous years running into this tournament (all others are playing worst than this time last few years) - they shortlisted 4 are therefore McIlroy, Donaldson, Lowry, Oosthuizen. In Round 1 market, 3 players stand out of fast starting trends at course and recent Top 15s after R1. Olesen has had 3 Top 15s at this course before after R1 and has had 1 Top 15 in recent weeks after R1, Kaymer has had 2 Tops 15s here before and had 2 recent top 15s after R1 and Colsaerts has had 1 previous course Top 15 after R1 but has been blistering out of blocks recently with 4 Top 15s in recent weeks after R1[/quote']Interesting process of elimination imunday. Good luck and :welcometo the PL

Re: DP World Tour Championships > November 20th - 23rd Rory Mcilroy first round leader 8/1 paddy power He has not played for a while but he is a class player who has won this event before and also he is in great form Ian Poulter first round leader 20/1 paddy power Recently he has been gradually getting into form and he is entering this tournement aftter nearly winning last week and he has a good record in this event

Re: DP World Tour Championships > November 20th - 23rd Good luck all Luke Donald Sell Finishing Position @ 24 [sporting Index] Top 5 in his last three visits here, and been signs though not reflected in his results recently that his game is coming together. I expect him to prove this quote wrong

Welcome Imunday! For those considering Dubuisson, I believe he was hospitalized yesterday.
do u know anything bout the drift on poulter. He could have been backed at 25/1 earlier and can still be backed at 23/1 now. betfair. when u tipped him, best price was 18/1

Re: DP World Tour Championships > November 20th - 23rd Good call by owenclass on rory being 1st Rnd leader at 8s although slightly frustrated that Olesen found water on 16 for double bogey but many hard luck stories no doubt albeit still a 10/1 ew payout for us with him. With 3 selections in Top 7 after Round 1, lets hope that my data doesn't lie (too much!) and that the fun continues wit a bit of a return on Sunday!!

Rory Mcilroy first round leader 8/1 paddy power :) He has not played for a while but he is a class player who has won this event before and also he is in great form Ian Poulter first round leader 20/1 paddy power Recently he has been gradually getting into form and he is entering this tournement aftter nearly winning last week and he has a good record in this event
Rory came good for me i hope everyone was onboard

Top player previews: 1pt ew B.Grace Top Rest of the World Player 11/1 Stan James (1/4 1-3) I fancy another South African to go well this week. Branden Grace is just coming back into a bit of form and his length off the tee is often underrated. He can get it out there and with the rest of his game coming back into decent touch he should go well. Grace is no stranger to going well in the middle-east with top ten finishes in Qatar and Abu Dhabi in the past so he looks a fair enough price at 11/1 in this market. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dp-world-tour-championship-betting-branden-grace-looks-fair-value-in-the-rest-of-the-world-market 1pt R.Cabrera-Bello Top Spaniard 7/1 Coral It is fair to say Cabrera-Bello hasn’t had a particularly inspiring year so far but he has won a title in Dubai having landed the Dubai Desert Classic a couple of years ago and he has some other good results in the middle-east so a return to an area he goes well in could be the tonic he needs. We saw in Germany earlier in the year that RCB hasn’t lost any of his ability and if a return to happy surroundings rejuvenates him the 7/1 on him leading this quartet could look fairly big come Sunday afternoon. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dp-world-tour-championship-betting-rafa-cabrera-bello-can-lead-the-spanish-quartet
The maestro returns. Very very unlucky with the double Kev, after Oosthiunzen pulls out a round. Cabrera-Bello's collaspe for the win (didn't even get a place) was well on the cards after he hit the front. He started to melt almost immediately, leaving putts well short, he let the mind take over and the rest is history as they say. He made you sweat for the Spanish market when it should have been a stroll. Nothing new in golf there! Well done. Great to see you back. Kev:clap:clap

Good luck all Luke Donald Sell Finishing Position @ 24 [sporting Index] Top 5 in his last three visits here, and been signs though not reflected in his results recently that his game is coming together. I expect him to prove this quote wrong
T26th So only a small 2pts loss, which after a first round 76 I'm happy enough to accept!

The maestro returns. Very very unlucky with the double Kev, after Oosthiunzen pulls out a round. Cabrera-Bello's collaspe for the win (didn't even get a place) was well on the cards after he hit the front. He started to melt almost immediately, leaving putts well short, he let the mind take over and the rest is history as they say. He made you sweat for the Spanish market when it should have been a stroll. Nothing new in golf there! Well done. Great to see you back. Kev:clap:clap
Cheers Jackie. Was a shame Grace found such an awful lie in the bunker on 18 on Saturday when he was looking like getting right into contention. Seemed to derail all his momentum :(. Well done to everyone with winners this week and on the season. Been a good season in the PL golf threads. Roll on next season which starts in 2 weeks :nana