** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Grand Slam of Darts - 8-16 Nov

kevshat

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 8-16 Nov Dave Chisnall vs Keegan Brown - Dave Chisnall to win @ 8/13. Medium stake. I simply can not believe Dave Chisnall is this price. Brown put in an excellent performance to take out van Barneveld last night, but it has completely warped the odds on offer beyond anything reasonably expected. Chisnall is a top 8 player and should not be this long to take out a player ranked sub-64.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 8-16 Nov Got to admit i agree with both kev and myfeathersruffled on the Norris debate... I similarly found myself with the feeling that you describe - backing a BDO player over 19 legs - but also agree based on the form in the competition and reading kevs reasoning I did convince myself it was a good value bet that was likely to win. Like kev said tho he did get himself into a position to win if he was playing well enough but i think its clear to see that its consistency that is lacking from the BDO boys and experience over that format I guess the only way you can summarise it is that it was just unlucky but I deffo will think twice before backing BDO players in future. Cant complain about the tip after the money kev has won kme this week and in the past :P ;) so roll on tonight!! =D

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 8-16 Nov [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 14 November 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chisnall, D v Brown, K (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] van Gerwen, M v Huybrechts, K (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 15 November 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] King, M v Bunting, S (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Smith, M (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 8-16 Nov Friday QF previews: 4pts D.Chisnall (-2.5 legs) to beat K.Brown Evs Unibet Keegan Brown has been brilliant in this tournament so far but he’s now in the position of having everyone talk about him. His time since beating Barneveld will have been taken up with various interviews and things and it is hard to get back up for the next one as we’ve seen so often in the past. Dave Chisnall has already done a job on the youngster in this tournament and he’ll enjoy the speed Brown plays at so I would expect Chisnall on good form and if he is he should be three legs better than the youngster once again. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chisnall-vs-brown-betting-dave-chisnall-can-end-brown-s-dream-at-the-grand-slam 4pts K.Huybrechts (+5.5 legs) to beat M.van Gerwen 11/10 Paddy Power These two met in the group stage and van Gerwen won but I think this might be a different game. Huybrechts has got the spark back in his body, mind and game since then and you can tell the confidence is returning. Van Gerwen has been so flat this week it has been hard to watch at times but it is to his credit he’s still here. We should expect to see better from him too here but even if we do I think Huybrechts is going well enough to take 11 legs if not one or two more. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-k-huybrechts-betting-huybrechts-can-perform-with-credit-in-quarter-final

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 8-16 Nov Grand Slam of Darts - Phil Taylor outright @ 2.5. Small stake. It's going to be really difficult for anyone to beat Phil Taylor over the best of 31 legs. The only two left in the field that I think could do it are van Gerwen and Bunting. van Gerwen hasn't been on form at all this week, and I think Taylor will beat him if they meet. Bunting is untested over this distance - I don't think he has ever played in a legplay match of this length; he has the game to win, but I just don't think he will.

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 8-16 Nov Absolutely loving this thread & all the tips from everyone. Well done Kev & Jazzer. Top stuff. :ok While I'm here I might as well put my two pence worth in. Michael van Gerwen v Kim Huybrechts- Huybrechts Highest match check out over 116.5 Skybet(5/10) I honestly think the bookies have this 5 points short here, with the way Huybrechts has been finishing in this tournament. In his impressive win over Norris he took out 118,144 & 155. One other leg he was one dart away from taking out 138.His wins on the earlier rounds vs Dekker took out 143 & vs Webster 126. Its one of them bets I can't ignore.5pts win

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 8-16 Nov Top work Pensioner. Covered on a few occasions :clap:clap Saturday QF previews: 4pts M.King vs S.Bunting - Over 26.5 legs 5/6 Skybet I think this will be a closer match than people think. I admire Mervyn King. While everybody talks about everyone else in the world and on occasions talks about his opponents as if he hasn’t got to play them he just goes about his business and quite often gets the job done. He’s in tremendous form so he shouldn’t be discounted. Bunting is playing well himself but he can miss the odd double under pressure so I can see this being fairly close. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/king-vs-bunting-betting-saturday-s-opener-can-have-plenty-of-legs 4pts M.Smith Over 7.5 180s 5/6 Betfred Michael Smith will get chances in this match and his scoring power should ensure they are reasonable ones too. If he is dialled in on double top then this could be an awkward match for Taylor but we can never really be too sure how players will double against Taylor because of the mental pressure they put on themselves when a chance comes along. One thing we can take as given is that Smith will hit 180s and I think he can hit at least eight in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-smith-betting-michael-smith-can-plough-in-the-180s-in-quarter-final

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 8-16 Nov 1st semi final preview: 4pts K.Huybrechts vs D.Chisnall - Over 27.5 legs 10/11 Coral I think this will be a close semi final. Both men are playing some lovely darts in this tournament and there isn’t a lot to choose between them so I don’t see either running away with this, especially with the opportunity both have for major glory this weekend. The question for Huybrechts will be whether he can produce that performance again. He won’t but as long as he plays well he should ensure this one has over 27.5 legs. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/k-huybrechts-vs-chisnall-betting-opening-semi-final-can-remain-close-throughout

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 8-16 Nov Agree Jazzer. Thought he looked beaten even earlier than that to be honest. Very disappointing attitude from him after that really :(. Second SF preview: 4pts P.Taylor vs M.King - Over 25.5 legs 5/6 Skybet Michael Smith gave up the ghost early on against Taylor but there’s no way Mervyn King will do that. He is throwing so well on his own throw at the minute that I think he can hold his own for long periods in this match. Taylor will probably prevail over such a long distance but I’m not convinced that will happen before King makes it to double figures so I like the look of over 25.5 legs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-king-betting-king-can-stay-closer-to-taylor-than-anyone-this-week

Re: Grand Slam of Darts - 8-16 Nov

Grand Slam of Darts - Phil Taylor outright @ 2.5. Small stake. It's going to be really difficult for anyone to beat Phil Taylor over the best of 31 legs. The only two left in the field that I think could do it are van Gerwen and Bunting. van Gerwen hasn't been on form at all this week, and I think Taylor will beat him if they meet. Bunting is untested over this distance - I don't think he has ever played in a legplay match of this length; he has the game to win, but I just don't think he will.
Good shout Jazzer :clap:clap