** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Arsenal v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 4th

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Arsenal v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 4th 4pts Arsenal (-1) to beat Anderlecht 19/20 Spreadex Arsenal got lucky in Belgium two weeks ago but I don’t expect them to need any fortune in this match. Anderlecht looked nothing special in that match and Arsenal have found some confidence and momentum since then and I expect to see a much better version of Arsene Wenger’s side here. Arsenal attack with such pace and dynamism and are hard for anyone to contain at the Emirates let alone Anderlecht so I see a comfortable home win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-anderlecht-betting-arsenal-can-ease-to-second-victory-over-the-belgians

Re: Arsenal v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 4th Arsenal v Anderlecht Arsenal: Wilshere (7/1 m), Debuchy (4/0 d), Giroud (2/1 f), Özil (6/1 m), Koscielny (6/1 d), Ospina (0/0 g), Sanogo (2/0 f), Diaby (0/0 m) Anderlecht: N'Sakala (5/0 d), Suárez (13/4 f, 2nd top scorer), Defour (10/3 m), Nuytinck (7/0 d) Information from more then 50 football leagues and competitions at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Re: Arsenal v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 4th This is the type of match where Arsenal really turn it on. Nothing truly at stake with the table reading Pts 9-6-1-1 and at home to a really weak team who isn't up to the standard of the CL. They record a big win and get the pundits talking and ultimately do nothing in the competition. For this particular match, Arsenal should cover the handicaps with relative ease. The reverse match wasn't a true reflection of where the two sides are in the world. Anderlecht aren't even good in Belgium and Defour is out who is an international who would've been useful in breaking up some Arsenal passes. Again it's an opportunity to get some positive press, get Walcott in some scoring form and Welbeck may even score a hat-trick to convince yet more people that he's a real striker. Arsene will say "our passing was good", "our concentration was good" etc etc. and we'll collect our cash after 90 mins on Arsenal -1.25 AH

Re: Arsenal v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 4th Great write ups and totally agree that arsenal are worth taking on a handicap. I think Anderlecht will feel already beaten after the incredible end to the last match. I'm going to make it a bit more interesting and play on Arsenal -1 second half. Most of Arsenals goals are coming in the second half. Arsenal have a habit of scoring very late this season and I think I'm going to have a small play on Podolski last goalscorer at 6.0 (Betfair). Over the past year he's had these small spurts of really wanting to prove himself and score - I called it last season when he came on and ran around like a headless chicken striking every possible ball. He did that again against Burnley at the weekend when he came on and could have scored twice easily. I think he'll get on the pitch again against Anderlecht and if he does he'll be trying very hard to score. Grabbed the last goal in the away leg too. Arsenal -1 Second Half at 2.8 Podolski last goalscorer at 6 (both Betfair)

Re: Arsenal v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 4th One important point is that realistically, Anderlecht need to WIN this game to have a realistic chance of qualifying for the knockout stages. The pressure is off Anderlecht tonight as they are expected to lose, and that could work in their favour. It could also mean a flurry of late goals if Anderlecht are losing, as they push forwards in the closing stages in search of goals.

Re: Arsenal v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 4th

One important point is that realistically' date=' Anderlecht need to WIN this game to have a realistic chance of qualifying for the knockout stages. The pressure is off Anderlecht tonight as they are expected to lose, and that could work in their favour. It could also mean a flurry of late goals if Anderlecht are losing, as they push forwards in the closing stages in search of goals.[/quote'] Anderlecht will be very happy with a draw and a third place. Arsenal -1 (high stakes) and Arsenal -1.5 (medium stakes) looks quite safe to me.

Don't usually run trebles but -1 handicap treble on Arsenal' date=' Real Madrid, Dortmund looking mightily tempting tonight.[/quote'] Had a very similar bet in mind but past painful experiences make me paranoid that one of the 3 will F-- up. If just one of the 3 fails to win, remember the books make their profit. Hopefully I'm wrong. I'd prefer to take bigger handicaps on the 3 but individually as the bookies love all the faves in an accumulator. But considering the circumstances of the 3 matches, yeah, you have to say the probability is very high.

One important point is that realistically' date=' Anderlecht need to WIN this game to have a realistic chance of qualifying for the knockout stages. [/quote'] Anderlecht coming forward onto Arsenal is custom made to suit the Gunners and would be the perfect midweek practice for Walcott to work on the timing and speed of his counter-attacks. The Arsenal coaching staff couldn't set up a better training drill if they tried :lol B1jP4kMCQAAVV1e.jpg

Re: Arsenal v Anderlecht > Tuesday November 4th Love the photo Toto! Ive not been impressed by Arsenal this season. The photo's about right...Sanchez has carried them to a decent extent! Wiltshire has played well too, when Ive seen him. But all and all, they are still short of top class. They were awful in the away fixture and I certainly will not be backing them here at these odds. especially given that the away side seem to have found some very good youngsters (perhaps as a result in a change of coaching emphasis about 12 years ago?) who really stepped up to the plate in the first game. So i speculate Anderlect/ Draw and Anderlect/Arsenal at small stakes and large odds!

Had a very similar bet in mind but past painful experiences make me paranoid that one of the 3 will F-- up. If just one of the 3 fails to win, remember the books make their profit.
Well of course THIS was the match the upset fell upon. 3-0 up and concede 3 goals. This is the meaning of disgust :puke. The 1st Belgian goal was a mile off side and even a 3-2 win would've only lost half my stake. Thinking of just giving up the football and joining ISIS if this continues.

messed up my treble' date=' how can you let a Belgium team come back from 3-0 down at home FFS GOOONERS[/quote'] You and me both. Apparently bet365 had "technical" difficulties last night, which prevented anyone (including me) from cashing out :wall Coincidentally between 9 and half 9.

Unfortunately not. I've complained to bet365 as they admitted there was a technical fault' date=' and I'm waiting for a phone call back.[/quote'] It's a repeated problem I've noticed - bookies' sites crashing at peak times. I've had it with Bet365 and Betfair. 188Bet can also be slow. Hope you get something from them.

Unfortunately not. I've complained to bet365 as they admitted there was a technical fault' date=' and I'm waiting for a phone call back.[/quote'] Unfortunately its very unlikely they will recompense you for a bet they have no way of knowing whether you would have placed or not.