Newcastle United v Crystal Palace > Saturday August 30th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Newcastle United v Crystal Palace (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Newcastle United v Crystal Palace > Saturday August 30th Newcastle v Crystal Palace Source William Hill Opta Stats · Newcastle have won each of their last four league games against Crystal Palace, keeping a clean sheet in each match. · The Eagles have conceded in second-half stoppage time on each of their last two trips to St James Park. · Newcastle scored a goal in the closing five minutes in both games against Palace last season. · Newcastle United are one of only two teams yet to score this season, along with QPR. · Palace enforcer Mile Jedinak made more tackles (133) than any other player last season and already leads the way in 2014-15 with 15. · The Magpies have failed to score in seven of their last 10 Premier League games. · Crystal Palace have won just two points from their last five Premier League games (D2 L3), this after winning 15 out of 15 in their previous five. · Newcastle have scored only 14 Premier League goals in 2014, fewer than any other ever-present side. · Since the start of last season, no team has picked up more red cards in the Premier League than the Magpies (7 - level with Sunderland).

Re: Newcastle United v Crystal Palace > Saturday August 30th Best home win of the weekend for me. From the highlights i saw, Newcastle have played pretty good in the first two games and should have considered themselves lucky for not winning more points. In second half against City they were the better team and they should have won against Villa. A lot of new faces and team probably still need time to gain coherence and consistency but they were very solid up until now. I haven't saw much positive things in new season for Palace. Pulis was too big factor that his departure can not have effect. They were solid first match against Arsenal, but Gunners don't seem to be playing well at all at the start of the season, while West Ham dismantle them in a very easy way last weekend. If i remember well from last season, until Pulis came, Palace won only vs Sunderland who at that time was in a very bad mood under Di Canio. Also, Newcastle won both matches last season even while Pulis was in charge so I don't see why it should be any different tomorrow. Strong home win @1,8 (local)

Re: Newcastle United v Crystal Palace > Saturday August 30th I wanted to smuggle a question to some Palace fans, or Sheffield Utd for that matter. At least someone who could put some useful lines about the appointed manager @ CP. What would you make of Neil Warnock and his style? Not to waste a post, here are some points about the game. The "new manager" influence or syndrom (an acronym exists) is never to be underestimated, regardless of results or the person in question, this is a plus for the visitors atm. They were built around a very effective defensive foundation and it is questionable whether they can proceed the same way. I'd suggest that there are already signs of weakness, Palace conceded only one goal from set-piece under Pulis in his whole tenure, they conceded three times already in the two league matches. Don't make too much of the many goals conceded last week , West ham had their chances but actually scored twice from outside the box (Palace too). It is not their forte to do that you know. Zarate may have that brilliance in him, and what a volley that was, but you can not expect Downing to do this at a consistent basis. They do look to be out of position too much , the palace players and I'll even point Hangeland as a liability at the moment, counter-intuitive to how he looks like and how good he has been. I'm sure that people send mail to Warnock for Dwight Gayle to be involved more, the man that ruined Liverpool last season and brought Joy this mid-week in the cup and he may feature here after a good performance. Newcastle still haven't scored (own goal by Gillingham mid-week) and as it is said above, they need to gel. Many first team players were involved in that cup game, the regular wingers didn't start along with Anita and Dummet. The pairing of S.Taylor and Collocini played at the back and will play at this match, Janmaat as well on the right. They pushed Villa last week especially at the end of the match, but they still lack an edge in offense for the price here presented. Not to cramp a good advice by Gavanski, but at the odds involved I'd want miss it that I haven't capitalized on what would be a long awaited win for the hosts. Was on them last week (dnb) and I'd rather skip them or just have a small stake. With all the risk and stability involved, it does not deserve a large stake. Btw, nice local you have there, mine offers 1.75 and prices are generally lower than yours. That's a plus for your bet, Gl.

Re: Newcastle United v Crystal Palace > Saturday August 30th

I wanted to smuggle a question to some Palace fans, or Sheffield Utd for that matter. At least someone who could put some useful lines about the appointed manager @ CP. What would you make of Neil Warnock and his style? Not to waste a post, here are some points about the game. The "new manager" influence or syndrom (an acronym exists) is never to be underestimated, regardless of results or the person in question, this is a plus for the visitors atm. They were built around a very effective defensive foundation and it is questionable whether they can proceed the same way. I'd suggest that there are already signs of weakness, Palace conceded only one goal from set-piece under Pulis in his whole tenure, they conceded three times already in the two league matches. Don't make too much of the many goals conceded last week , West ham had their chances but actually scored twice from outside the box (Palace too). It is not their forte to do that you know. Zarate may have that brilliance in him, and what a volley that was, but you can not expect Downing to do this at a consistent basis. They do look to be out of position too much , the palace players and I'll even point Hangeland as a liability at the moment, counter-intuitive to how he looks like and how good he has been. I'm sure that people send mail to Warnock for Dwight Gayle to be involved more, the man that ruined Liverpool last season and brought Joy this mid-week in the cup and he may feature here after a good performance. Newcastle still haven't scored (own goal by Gillingham mid-week) and as it is said above, they need to gel. Many first team players were involved in that cup game, the regular wingers didn't start along with Anita and Dummet. The pairing of S.Taylor and Collocini played at the back and will play at this match, Janmaat as well on the right. They pushed Villa last week especially at the end of the match, but they still lack an edge in offense for the price here presented. Not to cramp a good advice by Gavanski, but at the odds involved I'd want miss it that I haven't capitalized on what would be a long awaited win for the hosts. Was on them last week (dnb) and I'd rather skip them or just have a small stake. With all the risk and stability involved, it does not deserve a large stake. Btw, nice local you have there, mine offers 1.75 and prices are generally lower than yours. That's a plus for your bet, Gl.
Neil Warnock is not too dissimilar in style to the departed Tony Pulis. Warnock likes his teams to be industrious, organised, aggressive, brave, strong in the air - both attacking and defending set-pieces. When he was originally at Palace we had a very direct style of play (similar to Allardyce). I remember Julian Speroni getting several assists during this period with extremely long goal kicks that would bounce and cause havoc on the edge of opposition penalty area (now that really is route one football!). Palace fans initially had a mixed reaction after it was announced he'd be returning as manager (personally I would have liked Neil Lennon). Even so, the appointment of Warnock does make a lot of sense for the club in a number of ways and I think it's a sensible and solid appointment. The key thing about Warnock is that he will create a very fierce siege mentality at the club and this is exactly what Palace need from a psychological perspective. I also think Warnock is generally underrated as a manager, he should have been given more time at QPR imo and generally speaking his teams are extremely hard to beat. If the worst comes to the worst and Palace are relegated at the end of the campaign then Warnock is the perfect candidate to get us back up from the championship so we're covering all angles with his appointment in that sense. The fans will now rally behind him no question and Palace can look forward to another backs to the wall relegation death brawl in 2014/2015 - it's an area we tend to thrive on these days. With regards to the Newcastle game I think Joe Ledley is still out for Palace which is a big blow, without him we do not really have a suitable midfield partner for Jedinak atm. Big problems with out centre-back partnership aswell with Scott Dann 50/50 for the Newcastle game. He had a great understanding with Delaney last year, don't know why the club decided to piss around with it. You're right with regards to Hangeland, he has been problematic since he signed from Fulham. Palace really need to get a settled centre-back partnership and fast, this is simply not an area of a football team you can mess around. Newcastle have played some smooth stuff early on, I liked the way they kept and passed the ball V Manchester City. Clearly I think Newcastle will dominate possession V Palace tommorow, just a question whether they will have any penetration or composure infront of goal. They've made some nice attacking signings but as others have said - need time to gel. I think odds are generally in the right ball park given Palace's injury problems atm. New manager bounce is always a factor ofcourse but hard to quantify in terms of prices. Historically Newcastle is a major bogey team for Palace but in terms of decision making I do not care too much about this kind of thing as everything in betting is situational and should be evaluated on present circumstances. A single goal victory for Newcastle or a draw would be the standard outcomes for tommorow. I've thought about Palace +0.75 a lot here but have ultimately decided it's a no bet due to high level of variables. Will be interesting to see what the outcome is. GL if you decide to get involved.

Re: Newcastle United v Crystal Palace > Saturday August 30th Great post mate, very informative. It'd serve well as a general marker for where the team is at and how it would go about its business. It remains to be seen whether the coach will bury the hatchet with Puncheon, he did well for them last season. I reckon that Zaha coming on loan will replace him on the wing. Some firms offer money back on goalless draw, I think Paddy does it for couple of games per match-day, it seems viable for a small punt on Newcastle, considering the circumstances. On a irrelevant note, saw a video last night of the coach , filmed at half time back in the day for a documentary, he gave quite a speech, and looks quite the man you described him. Regards

Re: Newcastle United v Crystal Palace > Saturday August 30th Newcastle have one big problem. Strikers. Apart from that they are not so bad, still they are looking for their first goal in this campaign. Against such a weak team like Crystal Palace even one goal could be enough to secure all three points. Siem de Jong gave good energy coming from the bench against Aston Villa and also played a full game in League Cup. I believe that his addition will help a bit and Newcastle improve with creating chances and scoring as well. In my opinion they were better team in away game against Aston Villa, played very solid in the defense. As for game against Man City they were not outplayed and at the moment team like Newcastle should not wish for much more against current champions. As for Crystal Palace departure of manager Tony Pulis was a big blow, but arrival of Neil Warnock should be considered as even bigger. Complete rubbish move by the board. So many decent managers are without jobs or with jobs in lower divisions and they decide to bring this oldtimer. He is not good enough for this level, impulsive, angry with anything, easy to say accusation about players and members of the board. He will not survive until end of the season. He will not bring harmony fur sure. Their squad lacks quality and I was very surprised how much Pulis squeezed from them. However, now they are on downtrend and such silly guy like Warnock will not help them. Missings: Newcastle still have couple of important players on long term injury list (Cisse, Yanga Mbiwa and many others). The good thing for them is fact that they have no new injury concerns. Jason Puncheon is back from suspension, but he has some issues with Warnock in his career so I'm not sure if he will get a chance to play. Centre back Scott Dann is a major doubt while central midfielder Joe Ledley is out for sure. Both were regular in second part of the season and both played in the opening game of the season against Arsenal.

Re: Newcastle United v Crystal Palace > Saturday August 30th Only thing concerning me about backing the home side for the straight win is this Monaco guy Riviere against City looked so rough on the ball and murdered a few shots that he could of easily put on target. However Cabella looked dynamic and think the midfielders have just enough about them to get one over Palace. Would feel much more secure if they had an efficient striker though.

Re: Newcastle United v Crystal Palace > Saturday August 30th

Only thing concerning me about backing the home side for the straight win is this Monaco guy Riviere against City looked so rough on the ball and murdered a few shots that he could of easily put on target. However Cabella looked dynamic and think the midfielders have just enough about them to get one over Palace. Would feel much more secure if they had an efficient striker though.
I watched both Newcastle league games this season. They have pace and excitement going forward. But maybe they need to settle down up front. They are butchering some of the opportunities ! Fair play to the keeper if he saves a shot, but hit the target, and make him work. For me the are not showing enough composure up front yet, and this will really hurt their goal scoring., and harm their win potential. For me , because of this they are a no bet.