** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Barclays 21-24 Aug

kevshat

Re: The Barclays 21-24 Aug Wide open event this week, which is something we all enjoy. Ridgewood is a cracker and supposedly the rough is up which will turn this into a really tough test. A typical Barclays winning score is around -10; and I don't see that getting beaten by much this week. Playing conditions are supposedly a lot faster than Valhalla, especially on the greens, so I'm predicting that McIlroy won't win. The FedEx Cup is always an interesting point of any golfing season. 4 tournaments packed with the biggest names. There is always the sub-plot of the standings and how it affects the goings on we see in the tournament itself. So when I see Scott, Fowler and Rose all between ranks 15 to 18; and in great nick; you have to think that they will come to the party across the next 3 weeks. Ryder Cup chasers Bradley, Haas, Mahan and Snedeker all have real motivators to go well. Hunter and Sneds won't be playing in Denver unless they deliver results and even Keegan and Bill aren't guaranteed starts in the Tour Championship; unless they deliver. The race for a Captain's Pick will be central to the story here at Ridgewood and next week in Boston. Bradley appears a shoe-in so who will grab the other 2 spots? Other top players who need to finish strongly to capture the coveted East Lake start include Jason Day, Graeme McDowell (he's never made it), Phil Mickelson, Schwartzel, Donald, Westwood, Poulter, Oosthuizen and one Henrik Stenson, who currently sits at 70th in the rankings. I'm going with the Swede here who played wonderfully at Valhalla a fortnight ago and I also have a sneaky feeling that Lefty will have a great week in an area of the US where he always seems to contend. BOL.

Re: The Barclays 21-24 Aug Kevin Streelman EW 100/1 B 365 Ranked 39th on the Fed-ex points list would be a fairly satisfactory position for Kevin Streelman as the latter part of the season emerges in America. Already a winner on the PGA tour this season after taking the Travelers in June the Winfield native will be looking to pick up his form as the lucrative fall season on the PGA tour looms, not to mention an outside shot at a Ryder Cup place. Streelman hasn't exactly been tearing it up of late but a fair tonic to the under performing sportsman is a return to a place of comfort and up state New Jersey at the Ridgeway CC may well be the place for this guy. In 2010 when the Barclay's was last here, Streelman finished T3, two shots of the lead, losing to the no slouch Matt Kuchar. Well off the lead after round 1, he shot in to contention and was there at the death, so given that this place may well be KS's comfort blanket I will put him up. The bunny boiler free Mc Ilroy, will of course be the obvious and main danger. GL

Re: The Barclays 21-24 Aug Tournament preview: 1pt ew M.Kuchar to win The Barclays 35/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-5) Matt Kuchar won this tournament the last time it was at Ridgewood and I think he could be the forgotten man this week. He pulled out of the USPGA with a bizarre back injury but he insists that he has recovered fully from that and I trust that because with the Ryder Cup five weeks away I don’t think Kuch would play if he wasn’t 100%. His game is perfectly suited to this golf course. He hits plenty of fairways, with decent distance too, and is right up there in all the putting stats. If he flushes a few irons this week he could be the one to beat. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-barclays-betting-matt-kuchar-can-return-to-action-with-a-bang

Re: The Barclays 21-24 Aug Top Continental European preview: 3pts S.Garcia Top Continental European 7/4 Betfred If I’m honest I see this as a two horse race between Garcia and Stenson and I will go for Garcia. He has course form in the bank having been beaten in a playoff here back in 2008 and he’s been second to McIlroy is two of his last five starts and has another runner up in that time too. Garcia is as straight as a die and he’ll go pin hunting on this golf course. He has putted better than we come to expect from him this year so at 7/4 he looks the pick in this field. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-barclays-betting-sergio-garcia-looks-the-pick-of-those-from-mainland-europe

Re: The Barclays 21-24 Aug Top ROW preview: 1pt ew T.Clark Top Rest of the World player 28/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-4) One man who doesn’t struggle to get it done is Tim Clark. He’s already got it done in Canada recently and went fairly well at the Wyndham last week. Very rarely do we see Clark out of the fairways and that will give him a good chance on this course. He is third in fairways hit and leads the proximity to hole stats this season so he should enjoy this set up. At 28/1 he’s overpriced in the Rest of the World market. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-barclays-betting-tim-clark-looks-overpriced-in-the-rest-of-the-world-market

Re: The Barclays 21-24 Aug Good luck guys! Jim Furyk - 1 Point each-way @ 28/1 Bet Victor Jim won the Fedex Cup in 2010 so he is no stranger to this scene and he has been playing very well of late, even if he is finding it hard to win. He is the 2nd biggest ever earner in the play-Offs having earned $13M behind Tiger who won $25M. He is now ranked 6 in the World and has had nine Top 10's this season which is terrific stuff! He deserves a win this year because of the way he is playing and it could come here. Graham DeLaet - 1 Point each-way @ 66/1 Bet365 He has finished in the Top 10 in his last two visits to The Barclays and although this is a different course, he has really progressed as a golfer over the last year or so. He reminds me a lot of Jimmy Walker who was ultra-consistent but took a long time to get that inevitable first win but his day will definitely come, he is a quality player. He comes here with confidence after finishing 15th in the PGA Championship and the man with eight Top 10 finishes this season can go well this week.

Re: The Barclays 21-24 Aug GL all. Phil Mickelson @ 30 Betfair For the first time all year Mickelson has his game together. Finished with a 62 at Firestone and almost won the PGA. Ridgewood by all reports plays a lot like Winged Foot and we all know Phil should have won that, so even though he missed the cut here last time out I'm willing to bet this course should be suited to his eye. Webb Simpson @ 65 Betfair He's playing for a captain's pick and this as much as anything should be motivating the former US champion. He was close last week but was extremely poor with the putter, 3 putting from inside 6 feet on Sunday's back 9. In general though he's quite good with the short stick so if he can improve his putting this week (it'd be hard not to frankly) but maintain his ball striking from last week then he'll look way too big at these odds.

Re: The Barclays 21-24 Aug Its a big ask for McIlroy to win this to make it 4 in a row and is untouchable to back at a measly 9/2 he's not not for me this week!!! Jason Day looks like he could be in the mix played very well in the USPGA seem to got over injury and carries my hopes e/w at 33's. Ricki Fowler deserves a win he is the nearly man at the minute and is playing some wonderful golf has drifted out to 25's with corals so ill have a bit of that e/w. Lee Westwood is slowly getting his game back good effort in the USPGA and will be wanting to show up in this coming week with the Ryder cup looming so i've took 100W BF 17.5 P he is at 66's with the bookies which is also good value IMO. Good Luck All.