Ligue 2 > August 22nd & 23rd

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 22 August 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Ajaccio v Tours (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.65[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Arles-Avignon v Sochaux-Montbéliard (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.74 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Angers SCO v LB Châteauroux (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AS Nancy v Nîmes Olympique (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Clermont Foot v Gazelec Ajaccio (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.97 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Créteil v Chamois Niortais (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.95[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.97 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Orleans v Stade Brestois 29 (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Troyes AC v Stade Lavallois (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]107.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Valenciennes FC v Le Havre AC (19:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]106.96 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 23 August 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dijon FCO v AJ Auxerre (13:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.95[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]107.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ligue 2 > August 22nd & 23rd Wrong thread my bad. For the weekend games two pop up as likely winners but the odds will probably drop in the upcoming days. Angers and Nancy at home. Especially angers looks like a comfortable beating for Chateauroux. Last season they were just horrible on the road and this season again their opening away game at Creteil was rubbish loosing 3-0. They luckily avoided relegation last season and if they stay up this year, it's probably because of their home record certainly not away. Angers is a real title contender this year, they have a wide and strong squad available for this ligue and at home they are rock solid. Last weekend they earned a point away at Brest which usually is a tough game. After the freak result in the season opener away at Nimes they won both their games at home. Angers won the last 8 meetings against Chateauroux which is impressive and it shows that the guests are having real troubles in this fixture. Home win odds around 1.70 are a must bet for me early cause I really expect them to drop soon. Angers had quite a fit squad last weekend so don't expect much troubles here. Medium stakes so far!

Re: Ligue 2 > August 22nd & 23rd

HI ! Does anyone know if Laval stand a chance vs Troyes Friday 22nd August. Odds are 7.62 for Laval.
Fc troyes in the form of their lives at the moment. I will surely not bet against them, just too much quality in their side and no injuries. They should be fresh and full of confidence ahead of this match. Likely home win although laval is not that bad but not convincing enough to beat Troyes under the current circumstances and especially not away from home.

Re: Ligue 2 > August 22nd & 23rd Arles – Sochaux Injury news is quite favourable for both teams. Arles welcome back key left back Erwan Quintin which is a nice boost. Remy Bonne has been doing a good job in his absence though, so he might have to be content with a place on the bench if not fully fit. Sochaux still have striker and captain Teddy Butin ruled out, but hes often injured anyway so they should be used to life without him. Sochaux played on Monday night so have had less time both tactically and physically to prepare for this contest. That is one of the reasons I fancy Arles for this match. They’ve had a full week to get ready for the game, plus they are at home. This time of year isn’t too bad, but no team likes to travel to Le Parc des Sports, it’s just one of those horrible environments. The actual main reason I like this bet though is because Arles have actually looked very good so far this season. They haven’t won a match yet (except in the cup) but performances have been impressive. Last week’s draw at Nancy was no fluke, they legitimately deserved their late equaliser. Taking them on a -0.25 handicap is a no brainer really. They rarely lose at home and on current form, I give them a strong chance of picking up all 3 points. Prediction: Arles 1-0 Sochaux Recommended bet: Arles -0.25 @ 2.01 6/10 Clermont – GFCA For the hosts, right back Cedric Bockhorni is ruled out and it’s expected that Cedric Avinel will take his place in the XI. Avinel is a centre back by trade but can fill on the right if required and will be solid. Clermont do have a few longer term casualties such as Anthony Lippini still on the sidelines, but they have no other fresh concerns. For GFCA, important defensive midfielder Julien Francois is suspended after being sent off on Monday night. It’s worth noting that the visitors played with just 10 men for over an hour, so physically might feel the effects here. Monday night’s loss at home to arch rivals AC Ajaccio is one of the main reasons I like taking Clermont here. That was an extremely emotional defeat for GFCA and it will be tough to recover from it both mentally and physically. They have a small squad and some of their key players like Ducourtioux and Pujol are quite old. What will they have left in their tank after just a few days recovery? I am still not totally convinced about Clermont under Corrine Diacre. To lose at Chateauroux after leading 1-0 last week was very worrying. But they are at least much more of a goalscoring threat under her guidance. This is a fantastic chance to collect a first Ligue 2 win of the season, factors are extremely favourable. So I think a -0.25 line on the hosts is far too good to refuse and definitely worth a few units. Prediction: Clermont 2-0 GFCA Recommended bet: Clermont -0.25 @ 2.01 6/10 Creteil – Niort The big concern for Creteil is that key playmaker Jean Michel Lesage is injured for this contest. He’s an important player, but fairly old, so there’s no guarantees he’d have even started or played more than 70 mins anyway. They also miss RB Marvin Esor, but Creteil squad is much more vast this year and they have good back up in those areas. Niort meanwhile, miss their best defender Frederic Bong and his loss is a massive blow. The commanding centre back is extremely solid and had started the season really well. Replacing him is the unknown Yoann Barbet who signed for them during the summer from Bordeaux. The visitors have no other injury concerns but they’ll be hurt by Bong’s absence. Creteil have actually signed Bagily Dabo from Istres this week and he slots straight into their squad. He used to play for Creteil, so knows the set up here, and he should be a good acquisition. With fellow new man Frederic Piquionne already looking sharp, Creteil suddenly look quite threatening upfront. This match is a contrast of styles. Creteil should be fairly attack minded, whilst Niort just operate in a more slow and defensive fashion. The visitors have looked fairly poor so far this season to me, lacking ideas in the final third. Last week’s win against Le Havre was extremely flukey and without their best defender, it could be a struggle tonight. Taking Creteil -0.25 makes sense, because I’d be surprised if they lost. The way they’ve been playing of late, I give them a good chance of collecting a maximum haul. Prediction: Creteil 1-0 Niort Recommended bet: Creteil -0.25 @ 2.0 5/10 Nancy – Nimes The main problem for Nancy continues to be in midfield where the likes of Karaboue, Walter and Coulibaly are all ruled out. Left winger Fabrice Ehret is another still on the treatment table, but new striker Mana Dembele makes his first appearance for them tonight. This is good news for the Lorraine outfit, because they’ve been lacking firepower this season, perhaps he can provide them with some goals. Nimes are are pretty much at full strength for this contest and have no real injury or suspension concerns. Nancy are definitely one of the best sides in Ligue 2 and they are arguably coached by the top manager in the division. The hosts are still unbeaten, but have blown points recently by conceding needless equalisers. In general though, the defence looks really solid and hard to penetrate. Nimes have scored at least two goals in every match so far, but they’ll do extremely well to even net just once tonight. They are a poor team coached by a poor manager and defensively can be a shambles at times. Nancy’s extra quality and experience should see them over the line tonight and I’m willing to take a piece of them on this -0.5 line. Prediction: Nancy 2-0 Nimes Recommended bet: Nancy -0.5 @ 1.85 4/10 Ajaccio – Tours Key CB Ronald Zubar is ruled out for Ajaccio but they have no other injury concerns. For Tours, right winger Kouakou misses this contest, but they have key striker Andy Delort in their squad again, he still hasn’t transferred out of the club! This is a tough match to call. Ajaccio did win on Monday night against their local rivals GFCA, but performance wise they didn’t particularly impress. The Corsicans have yet to really find their feet this season but that victory could do wonders for their confidence. Tours meanwhile, have generally looked pretty good and despite their off field issues seem to be in good spirits. With an extra 3 days recovery time, it wouldn’t be a complete surprise if the visitors did well here. But it’s never easy travelling to Corsica so that’s a factor which is against them. Overall, I favour the draw here and despite Ajaccio’s tempting price I’m going to give this match a swerve. Prediction: Ajaccio 1-1 Tours NO BET Angers – Chateauroux Both teams have no real fresh injury concerns so composition of each various side won’t be changing too much. This is a match that Angers should realistically be winning with ease. They are one of the top sides in the division and are renowned for going well in these type of home games facing weak opposition. Chateauroux might have won last week but one swallow doesn’t make a summer. The have a good coach but it will take some time for Pascal Gastien to turn around this outfit. Les Berrichonne are known for being extremely poor on the road. Gastien will probably try and set up in a defensive style tonight, but they’ll do well to survive. I can’t see them getting anything and overall I’m expecting a comfortable Angers win. But backing teams on a -1 handicap in France is never usually a good idea, especially this time of year. However, there’s enough value on the -0.75 line to warrant a bet. Prediction: Angers 2-0 Chateauroux Recommended bet: Angers -0.75 @ 1.92 4/10 Orleans – Brest With the exception of Brest left back Wilfried Moimbe, neither team have any injury concerns. This isn’t going to be a very exciting match, so if you need help going to sleep this evening then watch this game! Of course, a goal can be scored from any sort of freak situation, but I honestly struggle to see how this one doesn’t end 0-0. Brest will come here parking the bus, aiming to keep a clean sheet, just as they did at Niort a couple of weeks ago. Orleans meanwhile, seem to be one of the most solid teams in the division, but lack much threat in the final third. This is a massive contender to end scoreless and one goal for either side would almost certainly be enough to pick up all 3 points. This looks like a clear no bet situation unless you like backing unders are a seriously short price. Prediction: Orleans 0-0 Brest NO BET Troyes – Laval Key Troyes right back Maxime Collin is ruled out of this match with injury. That’s the only real problem spot for the hosts, they are otherwise at full strength. As for Laval, well they have no worries and the coach has everyone at his disposal, with the exception of defender Selim Ben Djemia who isn’t a first choice starter anyway. Troyes really should have way too much quality and strength for Laval in this game. It’s a matchup nightmare for Les Tangos and their slow defence could be put to the sword. At least they’ve had an extra 3 days to prepare for this match as opposed to Troyes who played on Monday night. This shouldn’t matter too much though because the gulf in class is vast. I would love to back Troyes, but similar to the Angers match, backing teams on a -1 handicap in Ligue 2 isn’t really a good idea this early in the season. Besides, Troyes have yet to fully fire yet despite their run of victories. It’s possible they might only win by a one goal margin, which would be frustrating. As it happens, I’m expecting a comfortable success for them, but I won’t bet. Prediction: Troyes 3-0 Laval NO BET Valenciennes – Le Havre The hosts are still without key striker Anthony Le Tallec, whilst left back/midfielder Saliou Ciss is suspended. Havre are also without their left back, Jerome Mombris, whilst winger Harrison Manzala misses out too. Important DMID, Romain Saiss is rated doubtful because of a knock. Valenciennes have started the season exactly how I expected, in a fairly slow and sluggish way. This was always going to happen after their turbulent pre season, but I’ve seen some signs of improvement recently. It might be that they are close to registering their first win, and it wouldn’t surprise me if it came tonight. Le Havre for some reason, just aren’t firing. The exact same thing happened last season when they were extremely slow out of the blocks. Their first half performances have been especially poor and something is wrong with them right now. I can’t really trust either team so I won’t be betting, but I have a feeling VA will sneak the 3 points. They are extremely motivated to do well due to their off the field issues and Havre just look way below par at the moment. Prediction: Valenciennes 2-1 Le Havre NO BET

Re: Ligue 2 > August 22nd & 23rd Probably one of the most unlucky night's I've ever had unfortunately. For Clermont to lead 2-0 and eventually lose 3-4 is quite remarkable. Had 3 crucial goals go against me in stoppage time which have cost a lot of money. Not much to say really, a great night for dogs in the end

Re: Ligue 2 > August 22nd & 23rd Jup, some amazing late goals screwed us. Angers totally doninated the game especially in the first half but still conceded first unbelievable with 8 shots on target within 20 minutes.. It was one of those nights, hope they will never return!

Re: Ligue 2 > August 22nd & 23rd

Jup' date=' some amazing late goals screwed us. Angers totally doninated the game especially in the first half but still conceded first unbelievable with 8 shots on target within 20 minutes.. It was one of those nights, hope they will never return![/quote'] yeh, been there before, got the T shirt. Always better to be lucky than good. There will be bad nights in future but also good ones, marathon not a sprint