Quarter-Final - Netherlands v Costa Rica > Saturday July 5th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Netherlands v Costa Rica (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.53[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Quarter-Final - Netherlands v Costa Rica > Saturday July 5th I think Holland could cause Costa Rica real problems...the Costa Rican left back (apologies, don't know his name) had a very poor game against Greece and if Robben goes out that side to cut back in on his left foot they could be in big trouble. End of the line for me for Costa Rica and Dutch minus 1 on the asian market at around 9/10 is not the worst punt I've seen

Re: Quarter-Final - Netherlands v Costa Rica > Saturday July 5th 5pts Holland (-1) to beat Costa Rica 13/8 Spreadex Fair play to Costa Rica for getting this far but their run ends here. The Dutch will be too skilful, too quick and too clever for them and I expect this to be a convincing win for the men in Oranje. Costa Rica were absolutely out on their feet after their last match and that can’t be a good thing. I think we’ll get confirmation here that weak opposition has been the key to Costa Rica’s success rather than their own special talents. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/netherlands-vs-costa-rica-betting-netherlands-can-end-costa-rica-s-run

Re: Quarter-Final - Netherlands v Costa Rica > Saturday July 5th

The goal conceded in the Mexico game makes me think Jasper Cillessen will let in another here. Although I expect the Netherlands to go through. A safe bet is both teams to score and Netherlands to win.
Well, wouldnt be so sure about the both team to score bet. Netherlands have been pretty solid this world cup while their defense is by far their weakest line on paper. Conceded just once against spain through a penalty. 2 against australia penalty and a wonder shot. Cleansheet against Chili which was really impressive if you'd asked me. And one against mexico shot from long range. Not saying their defense is made from iron but Costa rica does not have that much of a threat. Their biggest ace Ruiz is well known here in Holland, everyone knows how he plays and what his best moves are. Defensive tactic from the start again so I quite fancy the netherlands to win to nil maybe more than a handicap win although that's likely for me too. Class difference is big imo! Not the best posession play so far but deadly upfront and almost every chance is a goal. Strikers are in a superb form especially Robben and against the subs of costa rica on the flanks (suspensions) he's gonna do a lot damage. Might see a slow start again, maybe 0-0 at HT but on the other hand a quick goal could wrap this tie up pretty fast. Costa rica proofed to be a tight unit and hard to break down but the Greece were better last round and had enough chances to find the net. No doubts the Netherlands will score twice or more or something weird has to happen. De jong out is surely a blow for our side but against Costa rica we will probably dominate so shouldn't be that much of a problem with 5 men at the back. Impressed by Costa rica's results this tournament but their fairy tail will likely end here. They've played an exhausting game against the Greece and I expect Holland to be fresh and eager to perform. The belief in the world title is there and they really work as a collective. Atmosphere is great through out this tournament which is an important factor. Our subs already proofed they can turn games around like the one against Australia and Mexico, when we need a boost so that's a big plus too. Positive flow and I can surely see us going through here without many problems. Netherlands to win high stakes for me! Netherlands to score over 1.5 team goals medium stakes. Netherlands -1.5 small stakes and also medium stakes on the win to nil. Goodluck!

Re: Quarter-Final - Netherlands v Costa Rica > Saturday July 5th The Costa Ricans ran their legs off in the match that went into extra time with Greece. Holland got out of jail against Mexico but its telling how much depth the have on the bench when they can come on and change the game. Should be the end of the fairytale run for Costa Rica, expecting the Dutch to win this in 90 mins.

Re: Quarter-Final - Netherlands v Costa Rica > Saturday July 5th Holland V Costa Rica ( kick off 9.00 pm) I think the end of the road will come for the plucky Coasta Ricans later this evening. It would be a true Hollywood ending if they were to go on to win the whole thing. Wouldn't that be hilarious lol. I just feel that they had a very hard game last Sunday when their match went to extra time and penalties. Holland are far stronger opponents than Greece and they have lots of experience of major tournaments. They also have Arjen Robben and Van Persie in attack while Sneijder is back to his best pulling the strings in midfield. Their match didn't go onto extra time so will be fresher than Costa Rica. Robben as much as I hate his diving histrionics is a contender to be player of the tournament imo. I reckon Holland will win this comfortably. My bets: Holland -1 @ 7/5 with PP A Robben 1st Goalscorer @9/2 with PP

Re: Quarter-Final - Netherlands v Costa Rica > Saturday July 5th I this should be the end of the road for this brave team Costa Rica. First, they can no longer benefit from the underestimation advantage. Without any doubt, Uruguay and Italy underestimated them a lot, but at this stage they are known to everybody at this World Cup, so there is not even the slightest doubt that the Dutch will underestimate them. Second, CR so far didn't really play against teams with strong flanks, except for the meaningless game against dispirited England. Uruguay and Italy might have strengths elsewhere, but their attacking flanks are simply pathetic. And it is very hard to cut open such dense and compact defense when you lack pace and skills on the wings. However, now the Costa Ricans are facing a team with great quality on the flanks, which combined with the absence of key full-back Duarte, could be big trouble for the Central Americans. Netherlands -1 Asian @ 1.95 (Bet 365)

Re: Quarter-Final - Netherlands v Costa Rica > Saturday July 5th I think Costa Rica corners could be good value tonight. Looking back at the group games, I noticed they had more corners than Uruguay (6-5) and Italy (5-4), while Holland had fewer than Spain (4-1), Australia (3-2) and Chile (7-2) Holland are hot favourites to win tonight, and if it goes to form, Costa Rica are more likely to be chasing the game, which means they should get corners as they press forwards. There seems a reasonable chance that they could get more corners than Holland, and I like the look of the odds ... Corner Handicap Costa Rica +2.5 1.84 Marathon Stake: 6 points Most Corners Costa Rica 4.33 Sportingbet Stake: 3 points

I think Costa Rica corners could be good value tonight. Looking back at the group games, I noticed they had more corners than Uruguay (6-5) and Italy (5-4), while Holland had fewer than Spain (4-1), Australia (3-2) and Chile (7-2) Holland are hot favourites to win tonight, and if it goes to form, Costa Rica are more likely to be chasing the game, which means they should get corners as they press forwards. There seems a reasonable chance that they could get more corners than Holland, and I like the look of the odds ... Corner Handicap Costa Rica +2.5 1.84 Marathon Stake: 6 points Most Corners Costa Rica 4.33 Sportingbet Stake: 3 points
Both lost Total stake: 9 points Total return: nil The game did not go the way anticipated, 0-0 after 90 minutes, mostly Holland attacking and Costa Rica defending.

Re: Quarter-Final - Netherlands v Costa Rica > Saturday July 5th Wow, un **** real this game ended 0-0. Costa rica was so poor not one single shot on target in the whole 90 minutes. Only one in extra time and the chances for the dutch team were unbelievable. My heart seriously stopped a few times. Van persies finishing was sooo bad, beyond bad to be honest. Really our weakest link tonight, should have easily scored twice. Bets lost but I would definitely back it again. Total domination and finally a win after penalties. What a substitute Van Gaal made, never seen something like that before. ;-)

Netherlands -1 Asian @ 1.95 (Bet 365)
Bet lost. Although, if Netherlands would have scored any of their 100% chances in the 1st half, it would have probably landed. But still, to be fair, the Dutch were playing very slow and monotonous and cannot be happy with their performance. Their midfield lacks class with guys like Wijnaldum, Blind, and aging Snejder, who despite his great shooting, had little other impact on the game. I was also quite disappointed from the passive conduct of flank players like Depay and Kuyt, who were expected to have more freedom as the Costa Rica defense will focus on blocking Robben. Basically all the threats for Costa Rica were still coming from one man - the flying Dutchmen Arijen Robben. World Cup 2014 Stats: 32 Bets, 20 Wins, 11 Losses, 1 Void + 6.58 Units (1 Unit per bet)