** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Summarised everything into the tables shown below. Note: the Brazil vs Chile game includes statistics from the extra time that the two teams played out. [ATTACH]6129[/ATTACH] 10pts Over 17.5 shots on target (including extra time and result based off fifa.com) @ 1.75 Unibet Both teams have at least had 8 shots on target in each of their games played thus far. Colombia also concedes 10.25 shots on target on average. All in all this bet seems to have a high chance of paying out as well. Needless to say, Extra time will only help matters as I have gone for the overs here. P.S. Ran out of time to write, but refer to the post I wrote on the France vs Germany thread if you would like more information for taking the overs on.

post-41207-14429286522832_thumb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Brazil underperforming so far has been a combination of 2 factors: (a) pressure, (b) talent. I understand they are playing under pressure and this is taking its toll on them, but even if they are relieved from this, I don't think they are good enough to win this World Cup. While their center backs are fine, they have very limited support from the midfield on defense, and lack the type of Nigel De Jong guy who keeps pressure and wins the ball in midfield. Their strikers are absent to say the least, Fred is not that great striker to start with, even less when he underperforms like he is now. Jo is, never mind... Today they will also be playing without Gustavo and this won't make it any easier, against that fearless Colombian side who is at the top of its game right now. The fear factor for me will be how fair this will be called. Brazil is playing at home, and reaching the semi-final will keep this World cup going, while an exit at this stage will be devastating for the entire country. I would have picked Colombia all day on any different soil, and i still think that @3.00 to qualify there's great value. However, I will be taking a different approach on this game, and pick an outsider bet and enjoy the game. Game to be decided in extra-time @7.00 (bet365)

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th I was expecting to see 5/1 at most for James Rodriguez to score first tonight. I see he is 9/1 with Paddy Power and is 10.5 on the exchanges at Betfair, surely overpriced that given the form he is in? Also thought Cuadrado has had a terrific tournament thus far, he is a big threat down that right wing, especially with a poor left back in Marcelo marking him. He is 20/1 with Bet365 to score first, just thought those two prices were rather large.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Both teams to score for me. Despite Fred and Hulk's questionable performance, Brazil plays with high and very intense pressure (at least for big parts of the game), which makes it very hard for opponents not to commit mistakes in dangerous zones. Even though Brazil overall didn't play a good game against Chile, they had very strong first half, when they deserved to score 2-3 goals at least. I don't know how Colombia will cope with such pressure. Yepes-Zapata are excellent at physical duels but they don't seem like the fastest and most technical defenders. Colombia's holding midfielders' pair also consists of players with defensive profile which might have difficulties overcoming Brazil's intense pressure. There is a chance that Peckermann will opt for long balls transition instead of short passes (that's how Chile overcame Brazil's pressure in the 2nd half), but it is not Colombia's style. Brazil is also way too vulnerable at the back. The reason is in the substandard defensive performance of their full-backs, as well as, David Luiz inclination to go forward, thus often leaving the balance at the back on the shoulders of Silva. Brazil is weak when defending their flanks and Colombia's biggest strength is exploiting the wings, where their two best players operate - Hamez and Cuadrado. Also Colombia's full-backs Zuniga and Armero are attack minded and can cause additional problems. Luis Gustavo's missing is not a plus for Brazil defense either and it should create some extra exposure. BTTS @ 2.10 (BetVictor)

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th

I feel that Columbia have the edge in this one as the pressure seems to be getting to Brazil, but I am going to focus on the goalscorer market. James Rodriguez has been one of the stars of the tournament and is the top scorer with five goals. This lad is different class for his country and is given a free role to really express himself. He is available at as high as 16/5 to score anytime with Paddy Power and can be found around 3/1 with various bookmakers. This price is too high for me as he is on sensational form and the odds for guys like Messi or Muller to score anytime would be a lot lower. Real value here IMO.
Currently 7/2 (or 4.5) with BetVictor. On the face of it, attractive odds given his form. Is there a reason why bookmakers are prepared to offer such odds I wonder? Even with the open market of Betfair, he's 4.2 (around the same odds as Fred and Hulk).

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th James Rodriguez to score 2 or more 28/1 bet365. Worth a few quid, if he could score in first 25 mins game on. massive odds but I do appreciate it's highly unlikely. Good luck all

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Brazil have been terrific so far. Rodriguez has been totally shut down, zero time on the ball. Never seen a team as terrified to lose as Brazil! Players are running around like mad men..:lol

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Agreed.. He pulled out a yellow for Rodriguez first foul.. Brazil players have been fouling all game and he gives nothing.. Yet again Brazil having to rely on their defence to win a game, let's see how they fare against the Germans without their captain.. I'm happy they are in the semi I will just keep laying then

I wondered where that goal came from' date=' Hastgill :spank:lol[/quote'] Not the first time I've jinxed a team on here, but perhaps the quickest! Got the penalty about 10 seconds after I posted that..:lol

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Brazil were brilliant defensively today I thought but in not having that they were excellent.. What did Neymar, Fred or hulk do for the entire game? Brazil deserve to win on balance, no doubt about that, but I still can't have them against Germany... I'll lay them for every penny I have and if they win it out fair play

Brazil were brilliant defensively today I thought but in not having that they were excellent.. What did Neymar' date=' Fred or hulk do for the entire game? Brazil deserve to win on balance, no doubt about that, but I still can't have them against Germany... [b']I'll lay them for every penny I have and if they win it out fair play
That's a statement! :p..I wouldn't place much faith in Germany but if Neymar is missing Brazil have little threat.

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Ref was far too lenient and poor in general, Rodriguez was lucky he didnt get injured, got lumps kicked out of him all game, Fernandinho for one should have had about 5 yellows, come on Germany!

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th Brazil - Germany Germany DNB 2.10 Betvictor The prices for match have just come out and I like the look of them. Germany have looked much, much better with Lahm at right back and just one of Ozil and Gotze playing. On the other hand Brazil are without their captain and most important defensive component Tiago Silva, even probably without Neymar who seemed to go out with a bad injury. Dante will probably come in for him. I just can't see Germany letting in the type of goals Brazil scored against Chile and Colombia. Neuer is probably the best keeper at the WC and Die Mannschaft are comfortable at dealing with corners and set pieces altogether.

BTTS @ 2.10 (BetVictor)
A bit lucky bet to be fair. In retrospect, there was little value to be found in that game. Brazil deservedly won, but it was mainly because of their effort and stamina, not because of team play and skills. If it wasn't for this early set piece goal, the game could have developed differently. World Cup 2014 Stats: 30 Bets, 20 Wins, 9 Losses, 1 Void + 8.58 Units (1 Unit per bet)

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th I'm beginning to seriously dislike brazil. Chile & Colombia, 3 goals they scored all from set pieces, useless in open play, they kicked Colombia off the field last night & the ref allowed it, neymar's injury is only payback for what they were doing to James... He was fouled 8 times & not 1 yellow shown for any of the fouls, James did 1 foul & booked straight away, ridiculous. Great World Cup but it would be ruined if Brazil win it with Fred as their main striker, a sad day for football if it happens which it could... He is absolutely terrible, the worst I've seen in a long time, he does literally NOTHING!!

Re: Quarter-Final - Brazil v Colombia > Friday July 4th I am bemused why Brazil don't call up Rodrigo Moreno and Rodrigo Lima from Benfica. These guys are miles better than the terrible Fred and Jo. Lima and Moreno have 39 goals among them last season and were key to Benfica's treble and Europa League final. Even a drunk Adriano can provide more contribution than Fred. Beyond me is why Joao Miranda hasn't been called. He's been in top form all season and key to Atletico's Primera title and CL final. In situations like Thiago Silva's suspention he would've been priceless. Dante has had a very poor season as compared to his first at Bayern, the other CB in the squad, Henrique, is an absurd inclusion. I am beggining to think that Scolari calls only his friends.

Does anyone know who will take the penalty in the colombia squad? If its James than the odds might be worth it. I know cuardrado took one but James was on the bench at that moment.
That was a good question - I am guessing that if it had been known Rodriguez was the penalty taker before the game, his anytime scorer odds would have been a lot lower than 4.5.