Not a happy chappy!

waynemcke

Not been posting for a while due to splitting up with the missus, having to find somewhere else to live (what a waste those Milan tickets were!:( ) and getting myself back online. Before the poo hit the fan, my run of success and fortune on the poker tables was at an all time high. Now....my god! It's bloody awful. Due to having a lot more free time on my hands, I reckon I've played 20 tourneys since getting back online a week ago. Haven't even got close to a final table yet whether there be 70 entrants or 300! Previously I was reaching the final in a high number of my tourneys. Since then, I reckon I've won 5 out of 25 all-ins. And in most of those cases I'm getting favourable odds turned over. Had AA beaten a few times, AJ beaten by K9-type scenarios beaten endlessly and even KK beaten by 87o when he hit a flush! I've tried flatcalling big hands and got beaten by the limpers, I've tried raising or going all-in on big hands and got beaten by garbage. I've played aggressive and lost. I've played patient and lost. I've even used the last 2 PL tourneys experimenting with my style of play! All in all, I am getting beat by muppets making ridiculous calls and getting lucky (and I don't mean the PL tourney players by the way). Basically I'm thoroughly pissed off at the moment and am hoping for a huge turn of fortune before the LEOCOP finals (qualified for the 100k and 75k before all this crap started) in a couple of weeks. Soz for whining but hoping a problem shared, etc.... Would be interested to know whether ya reckon I should stop playing for a while or carry on and ride it out bearing in mind that these finals start in 2 weeks? I know everyone has some sort of bad luck run but honestly, this situation has become ridiculous.

Re: Not a happy chappy! Sorry to read about your troubles, wayne. Oooh I dunno. Have a go at a couple of freerolls, experiment a little (although it looks like it's not as though you haven't tried doing something different in your play!), try and get back in the groove as cheaply as possibly but don't play if you don't feel up to it. ....chasing bad money with good money needlessly and for the hell of it is gonna do you more harm than good. Sort out your priorities whatever they are and then when you feel better, get back to the poker tables. Do yourself proud in those LEOCOP tables (are you one of the players quoted in Ladbrokes' odds?!). :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.