Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Costa Rica v Greece (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th Hey there, I'm leaning towards a Greek victory here, after a convincing performance agains the Ivory Coast and a solid draw against Japan (considering the fact that they were down to 10 men for a significant part of the match), I was quite impressed not only with their defense but also with their counter attacking tactics, so here are some bets that looked quite good to me (arranged from the most prudent to the most daring): 1- prudent: no team will win each half (odds: 1,10) 2- a bit daring : Greece wins or ties (odds : 1,50) 3- daring: Greece wins by exactly 1 goal (odds : 4,00) 4- more daring: exact scoreline 0-1 (odds: 6,0), or 1-2 (odds: 9,75) (nb: these are bwin's odds. I live in France and there are only a small number of legal betting sites, usually with smaller odds)

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th Costa Rica-Greece Bet: Costa Rica @ 1.84 (Now dropped to 1.75) (3/10) (Pinnacle) I can’t see how Costa Rica can only be such small favorite here. They won against Uruguay with 3-1 with a really good match. Then a 1-0 against Italy which was also a deserved win. They just have shown that their team spirit and quality works perfectly together. They don’t have any pressure and just play. Against England in a last match they got a 0-0. Greece on the other side is coming 2nd from a group with Columbia, Japan and cote d'ivoire. Against Columbia they were show down completely deserved with a 0-3. And it got very clear that the team has a LOT of problems and a low quality. Especially their offense is once again very weak. Against Japan they didn’t get more than a 0-0. However Japan was the better team in that match and Greece once again was completely weak in offense. But they couldn’t play different here than defending as they were down 1 man for a long time. Also their defense was not as settled as the result says. Against cote d'ivoire then a 2-1 win. This was a really tough game. But taking all three games together you saw a weak performance by Greece in world cup until now. I think that Costa Rica will prove their good performances of the group stage and just play without any pressure once again. Against such a weak Greece considering their past performances I see Costa Rica more favorite here than the market does.

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th So, we have a surprise package of the tournament versus a team that redefined the term 'plucky underdog'. I don't know how they do it, but the greeks have mastered the art of squeezing out of the group at the 11th hour. Remember the Euro 2012? There they looked like cannon fodder also for most of the time, then somehow they eke out a dodgy, backs against the wall 1-0 win against Russia and go through at their expense. To say that the manner of their win against the Ivory Coast was fortuitous is putting it mildly too. A horrendous back pass from that clown Tiote at the worst possible time and a slightly iffy penalty in the dying seconds of the game. You gotta admire their fearlessness and they probably were a better team on that day, but there is only so far that kind of football can carry you in the World Cup. There are some serious limitations in that team, especially in terms of creativity and proven goalscorers. On the other hand, there is nothing lucky about the way Costa Rica have cruised through the toughest group in the tournament! They have not only beaten Uruguay and Italy, but have outplayed them both comprehensively. The fact that they have conceded just one goal in 3 games and even that from a penalty speaks volumes about how compact and organized they are as a team. Their players seem very level headed and I don't think finishing first in the group and the massive success they already achieved is gonna make them complacent, especially not against a team like Greece. They have a chance to make history here, and this group of players seem just the right people to do it. I think there is a very small selection of results that can come out of this game. 1-0 or 2-0, just maybe a 1-1 Costa Rica and under 2.5 @ 4.0 for 4 pts is a great price for a game I see very few scenarios in and I'll have a small hedge bet on a 1-1 correct score just in case.

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th Greece to qualify @2.05 offered by bet365 is top selection in my opinion I already read that 7 of Costa Rica players were asked by FIFA to pass doping control after the Italy match....I dont know the results, in the next match however against England, ALL OF A SUDDEN, Costa Rica players lost their energy! English players they were walking on the pitch thinking of how many days they missed for holidays on this muppet tournament! English players have the same mentality of NBA Americans! They dont give a penny for any international tournament! They rate English Premier as the top competition of the world, and i absolutely agree with them Greece is by far the most experienced side here. They simply dont count Costa Rica at all. I-0 for Greece, or 0-0 extra time and a winner goal by Samaras Greece has something that NOBODY has. This one is the boy Jay from Scotland, a lucky star lets say.... Here i go with the lucky star! bye

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th Hi, I saw the replies and i would like to say my opinion for the game. I'm from Grecce and i know the tema from inside. The bigger change in the last game which done by luck (red card katsouranis) is the entrance of karagounis and samaris in the first eleven. Maniatis moved to defencencing milfielder position which is the best for his skills, kara and damaris gave quality in center as we could keep the ball and had counter attacks.(3 posts). Another critical change was the move of samaras to the top of offence as the others strickers are out of form(gkekas,mitroglou). Salpi and lazaros as wingers helps backs to defend and help them to go up. yy For these reasons our team had a different face in the last game. The approach in first two games was absolutely wrong and here in Greece coach has been criticized very hard for your choices. If team has the same approach and the same persons in the first eleven has many opportunities to qualify. Also Costa Rica is a country with a very high level of happy people so it is fair for us, (because of very bad econimical situation) to celebrate a win:clap

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th re. Greece ...

To say that the manner of their win against the Ivory Coast was fortuitous is putting it mildly too. A horrendous back pass from that clown Tiote at the worst possible time and a slightly iffy penalty in the dying seconds of the game. You gotta admire their fearlessness and they probably were a better team on that day' date=' but there is only so far that kind of football can carry you in the World Cup. There are some serious limitations in that team, especially in terms of creativity and proven goalscorers.[/quote'] I thought Greece were definitely the better team against Ivory Coast and well deserved the win. They defended pretty well and had some great shots on goal - they could easily have won by a few goals.

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th Value on Greece for me! They are by far the more experienced team. I feel that Costa Rica will feel uncomfortable in the new role of a favorite and they will fall pray to the risen expectations towards them. Costa Rica's style is clear and straight forward - defend deep with many people (5 defenders and 4 midfielders), press harshly the opponent after the mid-line and rely on breaks and set-pieces. Now they are getting their own medicine - playing the team which has mastered negative and defensive football. How will they deal in such circumstances?! If I go back to their qualifiers (the CONCACAF hexagonal), CR did look to suffer the most against the openly negative teams - Jamaica and Honduras, while they played much easier against the stronger USA and Mexico, which both played a style suitable to El Ticos. Very crucial factor to consider is that CR star Campbell plays for the Greek champions Olympiacos, and guess what - almost the whole Greek defense consists of Olympiacos players. I assume they will be able to protect him well. Greece to Qualify @ 2.05 (bet365)

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th 1pt Costa Rica to win on penalties 9/1 William Hill I would expect this to be a tight game not just because both sides are probably better defensively than they are going forward but because the prize and the opportunity for both is so big. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this one goes all the way to penalties because both sides set themselves up to be tough to beat. If and when we get to penalties Costa Rica may well benefit from the lesser expectation so the 9/1 on them to win on penalties could deliver here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/costa-rica-vs-greece-betting-costa-rica-may-need-to-go-all-the-way-to-defeat-greece

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th

Greece to qualify @2.05 offered by bet365 is top selection in my opinion I already read that 7 of Costa Rica players were asked by FIFA to pass doping control after the Italy match....I dont know the results, in the next match however against England, ALL OF A SUDDEN, Costa Rica players lost their energy! English players they were walking on the pitch thinking of how many days they missed for holidays on this muppet tournament! English players have the same mentality of NBA Americans! They dont give a penny for any international tournament! They rate English Premier as the top competition of the world, and i absolutely agree with them Greece is by far the most experienced side here. They simply dont count Costa Rica at all. I-0 for Greece, or 0-0 extra time and a winner goal by Samaras Greece has something that NOBODY has. This one is the boy Jay from Scotland, a lucky star lets say.... Here i go with the lucky star! bye
At first, FIFA tested 7 players to complete their biological profiles. Nothing, absolutely nothing ominous about this. Second, to use the England-Game to play down their great performance in this group is just a very weak point. Both teams didn´t risk 100%, and why should they have? For England the tournament was over, Costa Rica absolutely couldn´t use injuries or fatique. So you´re saying a Costa Rica-Side bringing in just enough to hold a draw isn´t worth a penny because of it? The victories over Italy und Uruguay where the result of doping? I´m pretty sure you don´t really know how this works if you think they stopped it after the Italy-Game (Would be too late anyway, eh?) and ran out of power because of this. The truth is, they are a team with an idea how to play and a level of fitness many of the other teams just can´t bring up right now. England wasn´t bad because they don´t care (just another point you just bring up without any evidence and, in my humble opinion, just crap) but because the season for most of the guys was really, really exhausting. That´s not necessarily the case in some of the lower-tier-leagues. Of course Greece can go through. But your arguments just aren´t solid.

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th Costarica is an very average team containd of players from relatively weak europa leagues like Norwei, Sweeden, Danmark and USA league the best player Ruiz could not finde place is Fuhlam and plying for PSV. Up to now Costarica had extrem luck and was underesimated by Uruguai, lucky won Italy and should lose of England second team. The only advantage of this Costarica team is thay played cca 30 friendly games playing together in last year, but before tournament this team lost against Japan 4>1 or 3>1. Greece is better team on every position, The problem of Greece is stupid defensive minded coach but I hope he realised something after game with Ivory coast (2 times better team than Costarica). Costarica could be underestimted one game and win maybe two games and win but 3 games is against all probability rules and according that Greece win (0) is BANKER BET

At first, FIFA tested 7 players to complete their biological profiles. Nothing, absolutely nothing ominous about this. Second, to use the England-Game to play down their great performance in this group is just a very weak point. Both teams didn´t risk 100%, and why should they have? For England the tournament was over, Costa Rica absolutely couldn´t use injuries or fatique. So you´re saying a Costa Rica-Side bringing in just enough to hold a draw isn´t worth a penny because of it? The victories over Italy und Uruguay where the result of doping? I´m pretty sure you don´t really know how this works if you think they stopped it after the Italy-Game (Would be too late anyway, eh?) and ran out of power because of this. The truth is, they are a team with an idea how to play and a level of fitness many of the other teams just can´t bring up right now. England wasn´t bad because they don´t care (just another point you just bring up without any evidence and, in my humble opinion, just crap) but because the season for most of the guys was really, really exhausting. That´s not necessarily the case in some of the lower-tier-leagues. Of course Greece can go through. But your arguments just aren´t solid.
I never discuss my arguments with anyone. Either you rate them as crap or diamond, for me is one and the same. Useless everything you posted concerning judging my arguments Bye bye!

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th Anybody that criticises Costa Rica so far in this tournament really doesn't have a solitary clue about football. Given the resources and players at their disposal, they have been bloody marvellous! Destroyed Uruguay, beat Italy fair and square too and the England game was a nothing match yet they still got a draw.. Emiliano, your post is absolutely ridiculous, claiming the Costa Ricans are on drugs, get a grip mate. Smokvika, individuals don't make a team, a unit makes a team. Greece won the European Championships with a very average side. I for one hope Costa Rica prove ye both wrong today anyways because I think they have been superb so far. No doubt they have very average players and getting to this stage is like winning the world cup to them, but they work like horses for each other and have a great team spirit, that's half the battle. Look at the players Spain had on show but they got battered, simply because their hunger is no longer there. And Smokvica, Greece won the Euro's playing that way.

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th I absolutely agree with Aidymac here. Costarica have been playing simply amazing football considering their resources. They've been a much better side both against Urugay and Italy and had their chances in a meaningless game against England. You have to give them credit for them for sure?? On the other side Greece have been woeful against Columbia, very poor against Japan and played quite well against Ivory Coast, but needed so much luck to progress. From what I've seen so far, Costarica is a much better team than Greece and they should win this, probably beating some handicap. Costarica to win at odds around 2.6 (bet365) is a great bet and I will take.

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th Trouble is everyone remembers the Greece of old grinding out 1-0 wins everywhere. Very tough to beat, organised, resolute and compact in midfield. All the clichés under the sun. If we look at their qualification they had a pretty weak group and so far in this tournament they've not looked great. Defensively they aren't as strong and required a late goal to qualify for this stage. Costa Rica, regardless of the players they possess, have impressed immensely and aren't yet real favourites in the betting as far as I can see, so they look decent value to me.

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th Costa Rica Vs Greece - this one is throwing up some unexpected stats Think Tank predictions Costa Rica - 27.8%, Draw 35.7%, Greece 36.5% if Costa Rica set as home team - 35.8% Draw 36.1%, Greece 28.1% ( I think that is more like a true reflection ) Think Tank odds Think Tank odds with Costa Rica set as home team Actual Odds Value Value with Costa Rica set as home Costa Rica = 100/27.8 = 3.6 100/35.8 = 2.79 2.62 2.62/3.6 = 0.73 =( -27% ) 2.62/2.79 =( -6% value) Draw = 100/35.7 = 2.8 100/36.1 = 2.77 3.1 3.1/2.8 = 1.076 = 7.64% 3.1/2.77 = 11.91% value Greece = 100/36.5 = 2.74 100/28.1= 3.56 3.3 3.3/2.74 = 1.204 = 20.44% 3.3/3.56 =( -7% value) Costa Rica are not playing at home, however they will have more support and will have advantages in terms of distance from home and acclimitisation to condiitons, therefore it could be argued that they have a certain % advantage of playing at home. With neutral settings the value is with the Greek win at 3.3. With Costa Rica set as home team the value is with the draw at 3.1. I think we have meet the middle ground here and will go for a Asian Handicap at Greece 0 at 2.2 . A win if Greece win and a refund if they draw. Draw is attractive at 3.1 and under 1.5gls also at 2.38 given that fish tank predicts that 79.9% of cases game will end 0-0, 1-0 or 0-1. Or correct score market at 6, 7, 8 on those 3 outcomes and then look to trade out on in play markets or lay off in exchanges. Quite a few options to look at I think the safest are Greek 0, Under 1.5 gls and if you know what you are doing trading the correct score market. Value bets - Greece Asian Handicap 0 at 2.2 - 1 pt - Under 1.5gls at 2.38 - 3 pt - trading correct score market at 6 for 0-0- 7 1-0 - 8 0-1 - 1 pt each, can look to trade out.

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th Huuuuge underestimation on Costa Rica here. It seems all you guys already forgot that Costa Rica were part of 'the group of death' and finished in 1st position on that group humiliating Uruguay, beating Italy and drawing with England in the last match which meant nothing for the central americans. And whad did Greece do??! As always they were the ugliest team to watch in this tournament as it has been always the case with them,if you'll take a quick look at their stats in all 3 games they've played until now you'll see that they were inferior in all those games. But the lady luck was on their side again,they scored from a childish mistake the 1st goal vs Cote D'ivoire and then the 2nd one came in the 94th minute from a suspicious penalty. Costa RICA ALL THE WAY AT ODDS ABOVE 2.7!

1pt Costa Rica to win on penalties 9/1 William Hill I would expect this to be a tight game not just because both sides are probably better defensively than they are going forward but because the prize and the opportunity for both is so big. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this one goes all the way to penalties because both sides set themselves up to be tough to beat. If and when we get to penalties Costa Rica may well benefit from the lesser expectation so the 9/1 on them to win on penalties could deliver here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/costa-rica-vs-greece-betting-costa-rica-may-need-to-go-all-the-way-to-defeat-greece
I like your insight here, brave bet mate !

Greece to qualify @2.05 offered by bet365 is top selection in my opinion I already read that 7 of Costa Rica players were asked by FIFA to pass doping control after the Italy match....I dont know the results, in the next match however against England, ALL OF A SUDDEN, Costa Rica players lost their energy! English players they were walking on the pitch thinking of how many days they missed for holidays on this muppet tournament! English players have the same mentality of NBA Americans! They dont give a penny for any international tournament! They rate English Premier as the top competition of the world, and i absolutely agree with them Greece is by far the most experienced side here. They simply dont count Costa Rica at all. I-0 for Greece, or 0-0 extra time and a winner goal by Samaras Greece has something that NOBODY has. This one is the boy Jay from Scotland, a lucky star lets say.... Here i go with the lucky star! bye
What did I just read is this guy sniffing glue? :lol:lol Accusing Costa Rica players of taking drugs, behave yourself. Costa Rica battered Uruguay, beat Italy fair and square and were already through by the time they came up against England, it was a meaningless game. Those reasons are horrendous, you should be ashamed:eyes
Anybody that criticises Costa Rica so far in this tournament really doesn't have a solitary clue about football. Given the resources and players at their disposal, they have been bloody marvellous! Destroyed Uruguay, beat Italy fair and square too and the England game was a nothing match yet they still got a draw.. Emiliano, your post is absolutely ridiculous, claiming the Costa Ricans are on drugs, get a grip mate.
Couldn't agree more lads, the guy doesn't have a clue:ok
I never discuss my arguments with anyone Either you rate them as crap or diamond.
Yep, absolute crap.

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th Georgios Samaras to score first and Greece to win 1-0 26.00 Bet365 After the unconvincing performances of Gekas and Mitroglu, Fernando Santos decided to move Samaras in the central forward position. Most of Greece's goals are scored by the player in the number 9 position.

Re: Last 16 - Costa Rica v Greece > Sunday June 29th Right, been struggling with this all day....one side says Costa Rica on form and can score goals while Greece aren't so hot and the view is that they scraped through. However, in the big games so far Costa Rica had no expectations on them and their strategy was to sit back and play on the counter which they do very well. However,, in this game I don't see Greece leaving that space behind them for Costa Rica to run into....Greece will sit back and try get some set corners/free kicks from which they are very dangerous. I think Costa Rica could do it and the South American advantage should not be over-looked, dealing with heat and humidity plus the fact the whole stadium will be cheering them on.....but Greece are a smart, experienced team....If they can frustrate Costa Rica then they may well sneak something. One bet I do like is corners Costa Rica 3 group games totals were 11/9/10 Greece 3 group games totals were 8/12/11 Therefore I'll try my luck on 10 or more corners

1pt Costa Rica to win on penalties 9/1 William Hill I would expect this to be a tight game not just because both sides are probably better defensively than they are going forward but because the prize and the opportunity for both is so big. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this one goes all the way to penalties because both sides set themselves up to be tough to beat. If and when we get to penalties Costa Rica may well benefit from the lesser expectation so the 9/1 on them to win on penalties could deliver here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/costa-rica-vs-greece-betting-costa-rica-may-need-to-go-all-the-way-to-defeat-greece
Very good bet and I'm glad I followed you on it