Group E - Honduras v Switzerland > Wednesday June 25th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Honduras v Switzerland (21:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Group E - Honduras v Switzerland > Wednesday June 25th 4pts Over 2.5 goals 8/11 Ladbrokes Manaus has been host to a number of goals in this tournament and I think that can continue here. The energy sapping conditions make defending very difficult the longer the match goes on and we’ve seen all six sides who’ve played here so far literally out on their feet come full time so I think we will get goals in this match. I’m not sure how I see the result going with conditions likely to be alien to Switzerland but I’m confident of seeing three or more goals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/honduras-vs-switzerland-betting-manaus-can-see-plenty-more-goals

Re: Group E - Honduras v Switzerland > Wednesday June 25th As of now, Switzerland needs a win to go through to the next round. Therefore, they have to win... If the Ecuadorians were to beat France, it would go to the differential so the swiss, to play it safe, have to score goals to erase that poor diffenretial they have due to the game against the French. That being said, since the swiss play the worst team in their group, I think they'll win and I will go for the following bets: Switzerland to win at 1,47 on matchbook Switzerland -1,0 at 1,72 on matchbook

Re: Group E - Honduras v Switzerland > Wednesday June 25th Back Under 2.5 Goals @ 2.3 with Betfair This could prove to be quite a cagey match in my opinion. I can understand why over 2.5 goals is favourite. Both games that these two teams have played have finished over 2.5. But I think there's quite a strong case for unders: - Honduras just don't score too many goals. Their goal against Ecuador was their first World Cup goal in 32 years. They're not a team that's set up to attack. They're a physical team who rely on good organisation and a resolute defence to sneak out wins. Their pre season friendly against England and their loss to France showed how lacking they are when going forward. If you're backing overs here, you're quite reliant on Switzerland producing the goals and so backing something like 3-0 or 4-0 to Switzerland seems like a better option to me if you fancy goals. - But Switzerland are not exactly a free flowing attacking team either. 8 of their 10 World Cup Qualifying games produced under 2.5 goals. They averaged 1.7 goals per game in that campaign and despite looking poor at the back in this world Cup, they only conceded 6 goals in qualification, 4 of them coming in the one match in a freak game against Iceland. So, that's a total of 2 goals conceded in 9 qualifying matches. - I think you have to consider motivations as well and where these teams are placed. There's no real need for Switzerland to go gung ho. At least not at the start of the game. Events between France and Ecuador might change that, but a draw might be good enough to see Switzerland through. If France beat Ecaudor (currently 1.73 to do so on Betfair) then a draw will see Switzerland through. Honduras will need a minor miracle to qualify and I doubt they're going to go all out to do so. As said before, they're just not a team with the attacking talent to really stand a chance of qualifying on goal difference. If under 2.5 goals was odds on, I would think twice. But at 2.3, I think that's more than fair.

Re: Group E - Honduras v Switzerland > Wednesday June 25th I am going with a conventional tip here - Switzerland to win with AH - 1. Honduras, with all respect, are a retrograde team - they play with classical 4-4-2, where they use primarily long balls towards isolated strikers; they try to play very defensively, but are not really well organized and disciplined in defense; they often make up for the bad defensive organization by using dreadful tackling and physical challenges. Honduras defense is very bad at set-pieces as seen in the previous two games. Honduras were twice in a row lucky to get referees who were tolerant towards their bully-like tackling, but I suppose know they will come upon a more strict referee. Also, I think that after Honduras are practically out of the tournament, it will be extremely hard for their coach to maintain the team discipline, so I can see Hondurans engaging more carelessly in attack and leaving empty zones than they would normally do if it was a 1st or 2nd game. I was surprised to see Switzerland with poor defensive performance so far - they had left me with impressions they are solid defensively and their coach is a master of defense. However, I believe Honduras attack will be a few levels lower challenge for them than France and even Ecuador. Switzerland actually didn't look bad at all in the midfield against France as the Swiss had good passing game and created good chances, and if it wasn't for their pathetic defending, they could have got better result. I think that Switzerland is simply more mature and better team than Honduras. Assuming that Honduras will be more open than usual, I think they can fall easy pray to the Swiss. Switzerland - 1 @ 1.73 (SBO)

Re: Group E - Honduras v Switzerland > Wednesday June 25th I have a double on France and Switzerland, though a small balancing bet on a draw in the Swiss match in case the conditions don't suit. Fairly confident both will win their games though.

Re: Group E - Honduras v Switzerland > Wednesday June 25th 6pts Over 2.5 cards - Ecuador @ 2.25 Bet365 Last 3 games Ecuador have played have seen them get a minimum of 3 cards in it. They are a very physical side and I don't see what's going to change here. I expect to see more of the same. Also the referee appears to have a record of issuing out cards freely, his last games read, 1,4,7,5,7,1 red + 1 yellow,5 yellow + 1 red,6,6. All in all looks pretty convincing for me to take this bet on.

Re: Group E - Honduras v Switzerland > Wednesday June 25th

The thing that worries me is that at the last World Cup' date=' the situation was virtually identical: Switzerland needed to beat Honduras in their last group match, and it finished 0-0. Both went home.[/quote'] Did Honduras have a chance of qualifying last time though?

6pts Over 2.5 cards - Ecuador @ 2.25 Bet365 Last 3 games Ecuador have played have seen them get a minimum of 3 cards in it. They are a very physical side and I don't see what's going to change here. I expect to see more of the same. Also the referee appears to have a record of issuing out cards freely, his last games read, 1,4,7,5,7,1 red + 1 yellow,5 yellow + 1 red,6,6. All in all looks pretty convincing for me to take this bet on.
-6pts. Referee shows 1 card for the 2nd game running. Sometimes stats baffle me. Regardless, Switzerland played well and deservedly are going through to the next round. I hope it will make for an entertaining game versus Argentina.

Switzerland - 1 @ 1.73 (SBO)
Bet won. From the little I saw, it seemed Honduras defense and keeper were very bad and gifting easy goals to Switzerland. World Cup 2014 Stats: 21 Bets, 14 Wins, 5 Losses, 1 Void + 6.75 Units (1 Unit per bet)

Bet won. From the little I saw, it seemed Honduras defense and keeper were very bad and gifting easy goals to Switzerland. World Cup 2014 Stats: 21 Bets, 14 Wins, 5 Losses, 1 Void + 6.75 Units (1 Unit per bet)
Same could be said at the other end of the pitch. Honduras had many many chances but fluffed every single one, the Swiss defence was more like their famous cheese. There should also have been a penalty which annoyed me, as it was very very clear cut and ruined my BTTS. **** you ref.