** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Group A: Mexico vs Croatia > Mon 23rd June

Re: Group A: Mexico vs Croatia > Mon 23rd June 4pts Mexico to beat Croatia (DNB) 11/10 Skybet A trend in this World Cup so far is that anyone who has played in Manaus has struggled in their next match. Whether that is because poor sides have played there or whether the humidity zaps the energies from the legs we will have to wait and see but I like the look of Mexico getting the point they need from this match if not actually winning it. They are tight and well organised and have a goal in them so if anyone wins this match it can be them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/croatia-vs-mexico-betting-mexico-can-edge-out-croatia-in-qualification-decider

Re: Group A: Mexico vs Croatia > Mon 23rd June With both sides needing something here, I think there's a good chance of over 2.5 goals as both chase the result they need (Croatia need to win, and Mexico need a draw). Both are pretty capable on the counter attack, and I think they both have the ability to score if the other team is chasing the game. I like the odds of over 2.2 on overs. (This would all change if Cameroon beat Brazil because then I think both Mexico and Croatia would qualify with a draw - but I think it's unlikely Cameroon will beat Brazil, and even if they do, Mexico and Croatia won't know the result because both games are being played at the same time - they have to assume that Brazil at least draw with Cameroon, and concentrate on looking after themselves) Over 2.5 2.23 188Bet Stake: 5 points

Re: Group A: Mexico vs Croatia > Mon 23rd June I'd be cautious with this game, Mexico only need a draw, so will most likely play very tight and try and hit Croatia on the break. If Croatia manage to score, then they are more likely to play very tight themselves and look to hit Mexico on the break. I'd expect Croatia to be quite cautious from the start, the last thing they want to do is concede

Re: Group A: Mexico vs Croatia > Mon 23rd June

I'd be cautious with this game, Mexico only need a draw, so will most likely play very tight and try and hit Croatia on the break. If Croatia manage to score, then they are more likely to play very tight themselves and look to hit Mexico on the break. I'd expect Croatia to be quite cautious from the start, the last thing they want to do is concede
Mexico and Nigeria are the two sides who haven't conceded a goal yet. I think you're right that both teams will try to keep it tight - but I also think it will open up towards the end when the pressure really tells.

I'd be cautious with this game, Mexico only need a draw, so will most likely play very tight and try and hit Croatia on the break. If Croatia manage to score, then they are more likely to play very tight themselves and look to hit Mexico on the break. I'd expect Croatia to be quite cautious from the start, the last thing they want to do is concede
But then again Croatia has to go with "all in" so Im sure they can manage to score few goals to Mexico. Croatia must go from the first minute like it is last because Mexico will sure settle for a draw.

Re: Group A: Mexico vs Croatia > Mon 23rd June I can see this game as being quite tight. Mexico are surely very comfortable to play like this: packing their midfield with people and closing down spaces well, relying on their top fitness, the experience and composure of their defense. Meanwhile, Mexicans can be quite dangerous on the break. All in all, Croatia looks like a bit better team, because they have world-class players like Modric, Rakitic and Manzhukic. But Mexico is definitely the more balanced squad, because Croatia looks seriously vulnerable at the back. The defense of Croatia doesn't inspire much confidence and Pletikosa seemed unstable. This could be crucial, given that Mexico can explore empty spaces at the back of Croatia. All in all, I believe that Croatia is not going to take huge risks in the 1st half. Mexico will keep defensive strategy as long as the score is good for them. For this reason I don't believe in a open first half. 1st Half Asian Goal-Line: Under 1 @ 1.80

Re: Group A: Mexico vs Croatia > Mon 23rd June Feel like I'm missing something here and maybe I'll be proved completely wrong. To me Croatia are a level above Mexico with some great attacking talent. OK Mexico are organised and solid but when it comes down to it I think Croatias quality can shine through and they have the players to unlock Mexicos defense. With Manduzic in the team I actually think they have a better all round attack than Brazil. The point about a Manaus hangover is a good one though. 2.75 for Croatia is a bet I am going to take this evening.

Re: Group A: Mexico vs Croatia > Mon 23rd June I've taken two today: Croatia (0) first half @ 1.97 (5dimes) Brazil-Cameroon first half over 1.5 goals @ 2.00 I make Croatia about 50-50 to win this match...a draw being the other scenario. I think that in the first half, both teams are likely to play carefully, but that since the pressure is on Croatia over the full 90 minutes, there is more of a chance for their far superior attack to get on the board early. I don't know that I'll win this one, but I'd be surprised to lose it.

Re: Group A: Mexico vs Croatia > Mon 23rd June Haven't posted yet this world cup but having reasonable success and have a long shot I fancy tonight.. Croatia I feel will get off to a good start, however Mexico I feel will be more suited to the conditions and will make a good account of themsleves second half. Croatia/Draw HT/FT @18.2 betfair 2units Croatia/Mexico HT/FT @32 betfair 1unit ^^^^ Bets lost although managed to come out with a profit, as I suspected Croatia seemed to tire and I backed Mexico in-play literally 3 seconds before the goal, lucky or what!

With both sides needing something here, I think there's a good chance of over 2.5 goals as both chase the result they need (Croatia need to win, and Mexico need a draw). Both are pretty capable on the counter attack, and I think they both have the ability to score if the other team is chasing the game. I like the odds of over 2.2 on overs. (This would all change if Cameroon beat Brazil because then I think both Mexico and Croatia would qualify with a draw - but I think it's unlikely Cameroon will beat Brazil, and even if they do, Mexico and Croatia won't know the result because both games are being played at the same time - they have to assume that Brazil at least draw with Cameroon, and concentrate on looking after themselves) Over 2.5 2.23 188Bet Stake: 5 points
Won FT: 1-3 Stake: 5 points Return: 11.15 points