** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June 4pts Brazil (-2) to beat Cameroon 6/5 Spreadex I don’t see this being anything other than an easy win for Brazil. Cameroon haven’t looked interested at any stage in this tournament and haven’t even looked like scoring let alone actually scoring. The longer games have gone on the more ragged they’ve looked at the back and you would think Brazil will run them ragged here cheered on by a loud crowd. Brazil should have far too much quality for a woeful Cameroon in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cameroon-vs-brazil-betting-cameroon-can-offer-no-challenge-to-brazil

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June Eto injured , Song suspended and Assou Ekotto head butting team mates as well as all the internal drama surrounding this squad...... brazil level on 4 points and looking to boost goal difference to cement 1st position... let the blood bath begin

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June

Brazil -2 AH has moved from 1.70 to 1.86 best odds. What do they know that we don't? A few days ago best odds across major books was 1' date='55...[/quote'] There's always the suspicion that odds movement is based on new information - either from some punters, or from bookies anticipating money going on one market - but it's also possible that more people might be deciding there's some value on Cameroon.

Brazil -2 AH has moved from 1.70 to 1.86 best odds. What do they know that we don't? A few days ago best odds across major books was 1' date='55...[/quote'] I read rumours that Brazil might be resting all players that have a yellow card (Gustavo, Thiago Silva, Ramires & NEYMAR), which might explains the odds movement. However, I am unable to find any concrete evidence on this, hence one might wish to wait for starting lineup if they are cautious.

I read rumours that Brazil might be resting all players that have a yellow card (Gustavo' date=' Thiago Silva, Ramires & NEYMAR), which might explains the odds movement. However, I am unable to find any concrete evidence on this, hence one might wish to wait for starting lineup if they are cautious.[/quote'] A bit risky to rest their best players before they've qualified I think

I read rumours that Brazil might be resting all players that have a yellow card (Gustavo' date=' Thiago Silva, Ramires & NEYMAR), which might explains the odds movement. However, I am unable to find any concrete evidence on this, hence one might wish to wait for starting lineup if they are cautious.[/quote'] In swedish WC-television they did talk about this, and as they said local media have wrighten that Neymar will be playing and as soon as Brazil have made one goal he will be off the field. Looks like Neymar is Brazils C. Ronaldo and everything is around him. Now i don't know how trustfully the info is but it feels like its something in it

Holding first or second spot in the group is the same. Both Chile and Netherlands are tough opposition.
A draw between Mexico and Croatia means a Brazil loss will put them out. It'd be the biggest upset in the history of the tournament but I agree with MPLouis that you can't rest players until the job is done. There is no way on earth that Neymar will be on the bench tonight, everything goes through him and without him I think they'd be a pretty average team going forwards. No doubt he'll be brought off once the match is won. Same goes for Thiago Silva, he's the leader and they'll need him out there.

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June Guys they have been preparing for this tournament for 4 years, they have played a virtual first choice team in every friendly they have played during this period. They are under MASSIVE pressure to win the group as they will get absolutely hammered by the media if they don't win it, why on earth would they start resting players now before they have qualified for the next phase!? Doesn't make any sense and it won't happen.

Guys they have been preparing for this tournament for 4 years' date=' they have played a virtual first choice team in every friendly they have played during this period. They are under MASSIVE pressure to win the group as they will get absolutely hammered by the media if they don't win it, why on earth would they start resting players now before they have qualified for the next phase!? Doesn't make any sense and it won't happen.[/quote'] I have to totally agree with this. Brazil have played poor in both matches for their standards and therefore there is no way they can be complacent and arrogant enough to think they can put out a weakened side. Yes I think once they are 2 goals clear (minimum) in the game then they may start bringing the likes of Neymar off early but he will definitely start the game as everyone in the world knows as much as Big Phill that the donkey that is Fred cannot be trusted to do the job.

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June If the odds were on the rise they are certainly on the slide now, if they were as high as 1.86 as Toto says then it is quite a big slide. Went from 1.67 to 1.61 on pinnacle when I was looking a few minutes ago.

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June In the last training session, Neymar was replaced by Willian before the end of the session in the "first team bibs", with Hulk also back in 1st team bibs. The talk coming out of camp, is Brazil will rest/sub Neymar and others in the 2nd half (60mins would be ideal) if/when Brazil are comfortably ahead. I would assume that as long as the game stays 0-0 or even (perish the thought 0-1), they will still be on the pitch.

I have to totally agree with this. Brazil have played poor in both matches for their standards and therefore there is no way they can be complacent and arrogant enough to think they can put out a weakened side. Yes I think once they are 2 goals clear (minimum) in the game then they may start bringing the likes of Neymar off early but he will definitely start the game as everyone in the world knows as much as Big Phill that the donkey that is Fred cannot be trusted to do the job.
Speaking of donkeys like Fred, I can add a few more who IMO have no clue why are they in this squad. I am far from impressed with what Brazil are showing so far, the team is light years away from that magic flair team in Japan and South Korea, it reminds me more of the boring Brazil squad from 1994 - they still won it, with a bit of a ''push'' here are there, with a bit of luck, and with great focus in defence...yet it wasn't Brazil as we all want to watch. Neither is this Brazilian squad... so far. I think they are not just under a great stress because of the nation's expectations, they lack that dominant quality which made them world's best since the beginning. And they are riding the wave of luck, as two very dangerous European sides in all tournaments either had the wrong ''chemicals'' or their physical preparation was totally messed up - Italy (with a tough game coming) and Spain (already out). Argentina, Colombia, Chile, France, Holland - any of these teams can give Brazil hard time - they all have massive quality, motivation is just as high as everyone else's, and none of these teams is worse than Mexico and Croatia, who made Brazil sweat, and both teams could have taken more from their games against Brazil. I am not mentioning Germany here, first beacuse I need to see them through, and second - the gaps at the back look scary to me. At least physically though Germany can go through two World Cups with no break. Plus they are always a strong tournament team... Teams change after the group stage, but I can't see where the quality change in Brazil will come from. FIFA will make their best to push Brazil to the final 4, but at the current odds for the title I wouldn't put even EUR 50,00 on Brazil to win it, as I see at least 3 teams level with them. As of tonight's game I agree with the posts above, home team should win comfortably against one of the worst teams in this WC, but the tough times are coming soon to Brazil IMO. In-play for me, as I can't make up my mind which way to go - Brazil -2AH, or Over 3 goals... GL all

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June Neymar under 4.5 shots on target @ 2.05 (Unibet) The info I have found is that Neymar have had a total of 4 shots on target in the games against Mexico and Croatia, and with his yellow card I have a feeling that Scolari will take him of the field as soon as Brazil make one or two goals. The only problem is that Brazil is against a team that only have there pride to play for and this can give Brazil alot of more chances to score as they for sure whant to win there group, and as i think that Neymar will be substituted if Brazil have a good lead i find this odds a bit "high". What do you guys think about this bet? Will Neymar have more shots on target in this game then the "harder" games or? EDIT: Bah!! While i was writing this post the odds did drop to 1.70 :( EDIT #2: Did chat with Unibet and they will go after FIFAs game report on this

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June IMO resting a few here won't really hurt them vs Cameroon and may liberate some other attacking talents once Neymar gets off. For example I think Hernanes and Fernandinho should be in the starting 11 always. Hernanes has more nous for picking a pass than Oscar and Fernandinho is more powerful and driving than Paulinho. Anyway having Dante instead of Silva at the back won't hurt vs Cameroon who will have Webo replacing Eto and are expected to provide little to no goal threat. Whereas at the back they are just asking for it. They'll have the welcome mat out for this Brazilian attack with a red carpet leading up to the goal mouth. :D They've got nothing to play for, no discipline and a coach who doesn't really believe in them (can you blame him?) The likes of Willian, Bernanrd and Maicon as players who may come on have more than enough about them to send the Africans home with a spanking, so team news for mine isn't life and death in this particular match. But Nicko is spot on about later on when they face class... Think we might see a capitulation with pictures of Neymar crying as the memory of Brazil 2014.

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June Brazil must win. 1) To make sure they qualify and top their group 2) To spark some confidence into their players, management and fans. Cameroon are a shambles this year which has been well documented. As it has been discussed greatly above, there have been rumours and question marks over the team selection for tonight. I personally can only see a full strength XI that will be pushing to get in-front as soon as possible and then once this is accomplished the heavy hitters (mainly Neymar) will get their rests. Brazil, when playing well put a lot of pressure on their opponents from the start and I think they can go ahead in this game early on. This will be their main game plan if they are to rest key players in the second half. Cameroon have nothing going forward and also a poor back line. They are without their central rock in Song and their talisman Eto'o. Looking at all this together I really fancy small stakes on Brazil to be winning with a -1 handicap at half time and for Neymar and co. to make quick work of beating their lowly opponents this evening with a first solid performance in their home country. Brazil (-1.0) handicap at HT @ 2.80 with Ladbrookes

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June Going with under 0,5 goals @ HT. Odds: 4.9 (Pinnacle) You never really know whats gonna happen. Everyone expects Cameroon to roll out the red carpet for Brazil to score all over them but this could get to the players heads and we all know Fred likes to miss chances. I also think Cameroon players don't care much for winning but are keen to not get humiliated again after the terrible foul by Song and other drama. I foresee a slow start to this game and this is my main bet, the odds of 4.9 really stand out. I also have small bets on the crazy odds on Cameroon 1-0 and also a little on 0-0 in full time. Good luck to everyone who bets on this one, will be interesting to watch.

Going with under 0' date=5 goals @ HT. Odds: 4.9 (Pinnacle) You never really know whats gonna happen. Everyone expects Cameroon to roll out the red carpet for Brazil to score all over them but this could get to the players heads and we all know Fred likes to miss chances. I also think Cameroon players don't care much for winning but are keen to not get humiliated again after the terrible foul by Song and other drama. I foresee a slow start to this game and this is my main bet, the odds of 4.9 really stand out. I also have small bets on the crazy odds on Cameroon 1-0 and also a little on 0-0 in full time. Good luck to everyone who bets on this one, will be interesting to watch.
It's an idea - and it could happen - but most teams are capable of scoring against Brazil, and with this in mind, it's hard to see Brazil hanging on for a draw in the second half (I suppose one exception would be if Mexico are thrashing Croatia - which would mean Brazil would be safely through even if they lose - also, this would open the possibility of a Cameroon win - although they wouldn't want to lose, qualifying is really what it's all about, and if they beat Chile or Holland convincingly in the next round, no one would care that they lost to Cameroon.) I can't quite see these things happen, but you never know. No one thought Iran would come very close to drawing or even beating Argentina. No one thought Costa Rica would easily qualify ahead of England, Italy and Uruguay. Oops - just realised you said 'under 0.5 at HT' not at FT - well yes when you consider the odds I think that looks like possible value.

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June 7pts Time of 1st Brazil goal - up to minute 31 @ 1.73 Betvictor Not too particularly keen on backing Brazil to beat the handicap, however I like the look of Brazil to score their 1st goal in the 1st 31mins of the game, i.e. so 30:59 would count from my understanding. This bet would have landed in the game for Croatia vs Cameroon and one could argue that Brazil are a stronger side and should be able to complete a similar feat. This bet would have also landed from Brazil during their 3-1 win against Croatia.

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June Personally I think Brazil have played well in both their games. Come back from behind in their first, and did everything but score in their second, so many shots on target and saves by an incredible opposing goalie in their second match. Cameroon, the worst team in the finals, could not draw vs Brazils 2nd IX, let alone Brazils first team. All William Hill, All 1pt each Match Handicaps Brazil -2 goals @ 1.85 Match Handicaps Brazil -3 goals @ 3.10 Match Handicaps Brazil -4 goals @ 6.00 Match Handicaps Brazil -5 goals @ 11.00 Both Teams To Score and Under/Over 2.5 Goals No And Over 2.5 Goals @ 2.50 To Win To Nil Brazil @ 1.61 Total Goals - Under/Exactly/Over 3 Over 3 @ 1.91 1st Half Over/Under Goals Over 1.5 @ 2.05 Time Of 1st Brazil Goal 1st to 15th Minute @ 3.20 Timecast Brazil Score 1st and 1st Goal Up To And Including 30th Minute @ 1.70 Penalty Awarded Yes @ 3.50

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June Im not sure this is going to be a blowout. Kinda having a change of heart here. Another way to look at this is that all of a sudden this is a very important match for the Lions in that they can wipe their slate clean with a victory here. Maybe they lose (most likely) but I believe they will put all they have into this one. Nobody giving them a chance.

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June Brazil team cards >0.5 @1.72 bet365 I have too little time for proper research but I believe these odds are too high to ignore. In football match anything can happen - sb can lose his temper, get booked for diving, make a silly foul etc. Hard to believe Brazil will end this game without any card, so am putting some money on it

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June I've taken two today: Croatia (0) first half @ 1.97 (5dimes) Brazil-Cameroon first half over 1.5 goals @ 2.00 I don't see any way that Cameroon will play this defensively, with nothing but pride at stake. I think there is a chance that this one gets played end to end, and that Brazil's hope to hammer them early and then sub out their yellow-carded stars in the 2nd half means goals early, by either team.

7pts Time of 1st Brazil goal - up to minute 31 @ 1.73 Betvictor Not too particularly keen on backing Brazil to beat the handicap, however I like the look of Brazil to score their 1st goal in the 1st 31mins of the game, i.e. so 30:59 would count from my understanding. This bet would have landed in the game for Croatia vs Cameroon and one could argue that Brazil are a stronger side and should be able to complete a similar feat. This bet would have also landed from Brazil during their 3-1 win against Croatia.
Took only 17mins :) Now to sit back and enjoy the rest of the game. +5pts

Re: Group A: Cameroon vs Brazil > Mon 23rd June Another goal by Brazil and I will recover from the heavy loss in Holland -Chile...I see some great in-play options, the game has a lot more to offer IMO in all main bets - goals, corners, cards, penalty, red card, etc...Will watch the first 5 mins in SH and get futher involved. Good luck to all!

Took only 17mins :) Now to sit back and enjoy the rest of the game. +5pts
I'm annoyed I didn't put a bit on Neymar to score first and Brazil win which I had considered.. But I had a small bet on Brazil before 30 mins on another site so £8 there (small bet) Unfortunately I have more on Brazil to win -2...worried about that. I'd try and level it out with a bet on 3-1 or 4-1 but tbh this match is too unpredictable. Think I'll have to hope they come through lol, no massive lose if they don't.