** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

South Korea v Algeria > Sunday June 22nd

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]South Korea v Algeria (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: South Korea v Algeria > Sunday June 22nd I was impressed with Algeria v Belgium. South Korea really seemed to struggle against Russia. I thought both sides were too defensive, but Algeria certainly looked the more threatening in attack. I would make Algeria slight favourites here, so I'm happy to take Algeria +0.5 at decent odds. Algeria +0.5 1.72 sbobet Stake: 5 points

Re: South Korea v Algeria > Sunday June 22nd Algeria DNB @ 2.25 (bet365) for a 0.5 stake Algeria @ 3.40 (bet365) for a 0.25 stake Algeria did lose against Belgium, that is true. But that was to be expected from them, and for me, the draw would be fair result. Didn't feel Belgium done enough against a very solid Algeria side. Defensively, they look well above average for your typical african side, and looked very dangerous upfront with Feghouli and Soudani. I expect Slimani and/or Ghilas to join in the offensive party this time, in a much less conservative approach for Vahid Halilhodži?. South Korea looked good against a very underperforming Russia side, players looked very fit and up for it. I didn't feel they were that dangerous when coming upfront though, lacked composure and were only able to score after a big mistake from Akinfeev. Also looked very leaky on defending by the wings. Algeria has Feghouli on one of them, and I expect Soudani to come to the left, and good finishers such as Slimani and Ghilas to be up-front. Attacking wise, they look alike, but Algeria has a big talisman in Feghouli. They also look much more secure at the back than South Korea. Think both teams could score, and even both teams could win in a decisive match for both, but there is definite value on Algeria at odds against on MO and DNB. Another bet I like is Islam Slimani TSA @ 3.00 (Unibet). He is a target man, very strong in the air, and a big talisman as he usually scores in decisive moments both for his nation and his club Sporting Lisbon. Should he play in the starting XI (which I expect him to, this time), Feghouli will be ready to get him some balls for his impressive heading ability.

Re: South Korea v Algeria > Sunday June 22nd 4pts Algeria to beat South Korea (DNB) 11/8 BetVictor South Korea were struggling for goals going into the tournament and it wasn’t hard to see why in the first game against Russia so with Algeria being solid defensively I think the African side are worth taking here. There will be a few nerves around because this is a big match for both sides so I’ll be cautious and go draw no bet but with Sofiane Feghouli the standout player on the park he could well lead Algeria to their first win of the tournament. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/south-korea-vs-algeria-betting-algeria-can-prove-too-good-for-koreans

Re: South Korea v Algeria > Sunday June 22nd 2pts HT/FT - Draw/Algeria @ 7.50 Skybet 7pts Algeria DNB @ 2.20 Betvictor I feel that Algeria are being underrated here and the odds seem to reflect this as well. South Korea really were in bad form coming into the world cup, winning 1 and losing 4 of their games prior to the world cup. In those 4 losses, they lost 4-0 to Mexico, 2-0 to United States, 1-0 to Tunisia and 4-0 to Ghana. Algeria on the other hand won 4 of their 5 games prior to the world cup. Algeria looked impressive to me vs Belgium in their 2-1 loss and seeing that they don't have as much trouble as the South Koreans when it comes to scoring, I fancy them to come out on top at the end of 90 mins. I do however feel, that the South Koreans will keep Algeria out till half time like they did versus Russia and hence the small stakes on the HT/FT result as well.

Re: South Korea v Algeria > Sunday June 22nd

2pts HT/FT - Draw/Algeria @ 7.50 Skybet 7pts Algeria DNB @ 2.20 Betvictor In those 4 losses, they lost 4-0 to Mexico, 2-0 to United States, 1-0 to Tunisia and 4-0 to Ghana..
Just a note - against Mexico and USA Korea played with an entirely second team, consisting with local-based players.

Re: South Korea v Algeria > Sunday June 22nd Talking about Algeria, I am just looking at Bet365's odds to qualify from Group H along with Belgium (who have now qualified) - South Korea @ 2.3 Russia @ 2.37 Algeria @ 4.33 Algeria could be decent value to qualify at those odds I think. They would probably need at least a win and a draw, to give them 4 points and finish above Russia. The only danger would be if South Korea beat Belgium and possibly finish above them on goal difference (are South Korea good enough to beat Belgium?). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup#Group_H

Talking about Algeria, I am just looking at Bet365's odds to qualify from Group H along with Belgium (who have now qualified) - South Korea @ 2.3 Russia @ 2.37 Algeria @ 4.33 Algeria could be decent value to qualify at those odds I think. They would probably need at least a win and a draw, to give them 4 points and finish above Russia. The only danger would be if South Korea beat Belgium and possibly finish above them on goal difference (are South Korea good enough to beat Belgium?). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup#Group_H
Personally I don't see South Korea beating Belgium, if anything they might hold them to a draw like they did versus Russia. I suppose the real question is if Algeria can get a draw from their game versus Russia. Either way, I reckon if you fancy them to get the 3 points today versus South Korea, backing them at 3.30 seems like the safer play to me at slightly lower odds.

Re: South Korea v Algeria > Sunday June 22nd I feel this may be quite a low scoring game, S.K. not looking impressive to me, Algeria seem on decent form, though not sure if Algeria can win, a 1-1 draw is a possibility. I'm going on Algeria draw no bet, but also putting a very small amount on S.K 1-0. Interesting that both their BTTS odds are very close, bookies not sure how it'll go either it seems on that. Not quite confident enough to do it, but draw first half wouldn't surprise.

Re: South Korea v Algeria > Sunday June 22nd Went heavy on Algeria to score first after seeing first 15 minutes on livebet. Most of my previous losses in this WC could have been avoided, if i had observed the game first for some time before making any bets. I think team motivation and performance can change a lot depending on previous games, opposition and what not. I can't see any value at this point going for straight 1x2 markets before games like this, there is little or practically no information beforehand, teams are uncomparable. Only information is the odds (and this is always a trap) and bets based only on odds should generally be avoided (because bookies always have more information). At group stages only if you spot someone being big underdog when they should not (Nigeria, Chile etc) there's justification making 1x2 bets before kickoff.

Went heavy on Algeria to score first after seeing first 15 minutes on livebet. Most of my previous losses in this WC could have been avoided, if i had observed the game first for some time before making any bets. I think team motivation and performance can change a lot depending on previous games, opposition and what not. I can't see any value at this point going for straight 1x2 markets before games like this, there is little or practically no information beforehand, teams are uncomparable. Only information is the odds (and this is always a trap) and bets based only on odds should generally be avoided (because bookies always have more information). At group stages only if you spot someone being big underdog when they should not (Nigeria, Chile etc) there's justification making 1x2 bets before kickoff.
Yep good post, agree with that.

2pts HT/FT - Draw/Algeria @ 7.50 Skybet 7pts Algeria DNB @ 2.20 Betvictor I feel that Algeria are being underrated here and the odds seem to reflect this as well. South Korea really were in bad form coming into the world cup, winning 1 and losing 4 of their games prior to the world cup. In those 4 losses, they lost 4-0 to Mexico, 2-0 to United States, 1-0 to Tunisia and 4-0 to Ghana. Algeria on the other hand won 4 of their 5 games prior to the world cup. Algeria looked impressive to me vs Belgium in their 2-1 loss and seeing that they don't have as much trouble as the South Koreans when it comes to scoring, I fancy them to come out on top at the end of 90 mins. I do however feel, that the South Koreans will keep Algeria out till half time like they did versus Russia and hence the small stakes on the HT/FT result as well.
Completely wrong about the slow start, Algeria rushed out of the gates. Easily one of the better game I've seen thus far and Russia will be fretting about their game against Algeria next. Well done everyone, think everyone made money off this one! :ok +6.4pts

I was impressed with Algeria v Belgium. South Korea really seemed to struggle against Russia. I thought both sides were too defensive, but Algeria certainly looked the more threatening in attack. I would make Algeria slight favourites here, so I'm happy to take Algeria +0.5 at decent odds. Algeria +0.5 1.72 sbobet Stake: 5 points
Result: South Korea 2 Algeria 4 Bet won :ok Stake: 5 points Return: 8.6 points

Went heavy on Algeria to score first after seeing first 15 minutes on livebet. Most of my previous losses in this WC could have been avoided, if i had observed the game first for some time before making any bets. I think team motivation and performance can change a lot depending on previous games, opposition and what not. I can't see any value at this point going for straight 1x2 markets before games like this, there is little or practically no information beforehand, teams are uncomparable. Only information is the odds (and this is always a trap) and bets based only on odds should generally be avoided (because bookies always have more information). At group stages only if you spot someone being big underdog when they should not (Nigeria, Chile etc) there's justification making 1x2 bets before kickoff.
Well if you're betting, it's always your judgement versus the rest of the market (meaning other punters). There's something to be said for betting in-play, but remember a lot of other people will be doing the same thing ... :ok

Algeria DNB @ 2.25 (bet365) for a 0.5 stake Algeria @ 3.40 (bet365) for a 0.25 stake Algeria did lose against Belgium, that is true. But that was to be expected from them, and for me, the draw would be fair result. Didn't feel Belgium done enough against a very solid Algeria side. Defensively, they look well above average for your typical african side, and looked very dangerous upfront with Feghouli and Soudani. I expect Slimani and/or Ghilas to join in the offensive party this time, in a much less conservative approach for Vahid Halilhodži?. South Korea looked good against a very underperforming Russia side, players looked very fit and up for it. I didn't feel they were that dangerous when coming upfront though, lacked composure and were only able to score after a big mistake from Akinfeev. Also looked very leaky on defending by the wings. Algeria has Feghouli on one of them, and I expect Soudani to come to the left, and good finishers such as Slimani and Ghilas to be up-front. Attacking wise, they look alike, but Algeria has a big talisman in Feghouli. They also look much more secure at the back than South Korea. Think both teams could score, and even both teams could win in a decisive match for both, but there is definite value on Algeria at odds against on MO and DNB. Another bet I like is Islam Slimani TSA @ 3.00 (Unibet). He is a target man, very strong in the air, and a big talisman as he usually scores in decisive moments both for his nation and his club Sporting Lisbon. Should he play in the starting XI (which I expect him to, this time), Feghouli will be ready to get him some balls for his impressive heading ability.
match with the most profit so far. Islam Slimani TSA drifted to 3.80 before KO, staked more money on that. When it drifts, bet again :)

Talking about Algeria, I am just looking at Bet365's odds to qualify from Group H along with Belgium (who have now qualified) - South Korea @ 2.3 Russia @ 2.37 Algeria @ 4.33 Algeria could be decent value to qualify at those odds I think. They would probably need at least a win and a draw, to give them 4 points and finish above Russia. The only danger would be if South Korea beat Belgium and possibly finish above them on goal difference (are South Korea good enough to beat Belgium?). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup#Group_H
Algeria are now down to 1.73 - I'm starting to wish I'd put a bit more on at 4.33 :$