** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Belgium v Russia (17:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd Both teams under performed in their first match,but got better after second half substitutions.Belgium have a decent squad of players and will hopefully change a couple of personnel for this match, ie Chadli for starters.They have impact players that can come off the bench to win a match which is a huge resource to have.Belgium have what it takes to beat an ordinary Russian side who constantly gave the ball away and struggled to play with any cohesion in their last match.Of course they brought on Kerzhakov in the second half to get the equaliser but that only helped paper over the cracks in this team.I was really shocked at how bad Russia played and dont think they are anything near their teams of old.I really like Belgium in this match and think its a great chance to double your money at Bet 365 1/1.

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd 4pts Belgium to beat Russia 19/20 Ladbrokes They took a while to get going in their first match but when they did Belgium began to look good and I think they can take that into this match with them. The one good thing for them was how good they looked defensively with Thibaut Courtois having next to nothing to do and I would expect them to look much better in attacking areas. Russia really didn’t impress me and I wasn’t sure about them going into the tournament so I’ll take Belgium here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/belgium-vs-russia-betting-belgium-can-improve-and-see-off-russia

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd Russia didnt impress me at all in thei last match and the goalkeeper seem to have a hard time keeping the ball close. I thing Belgium has a much more complete squad that Russia does and I will back Belgium in this one at odds 1,97 on Matchbook.

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd I think the class of Belgians top players will just prove too much for Russia. Kompany looks likely to start and Hazard, even though they were injury doubts. It's probable that Russia will try to play quite negatively, I think Belgium will be able to break them down. Looking at a 2-0 scoreline imo. Just gone for Belgium to win 11/10 Betfred

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd Fellaini to [email protected] Unibet It is almost certain that Fellaini will start tonight. He scored earlier as a substitute against Algeria with his head. The Belgians have trained at high crosses because the Russian defenders are very small. Fellaini can also start as attacking midfielder if Defour will start and Mertens starts on the bench.

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd We saw in the first match how the team changed when the Tottenham rubbish came off. By Tottenham rubbish I'm referring to Dembele and Chadli. Dembele replaced in the middle by Felaini - 1st goal scored by Fellaini Chadli replaced out wide by Mertens - 2nd goal scored by Mertens It's not important that these two happened to be the scorers, it's the way the play changed once they came on. I noticed that a lot of the time when there was an unnecessary breakdown in Belgium's play or a stray pass, it came from Chadli and Dembele. They were the two biggest liabilities in that first half. Well Wilmonts must have read my mind because he pulled them shortly after. Expect to see both of them on the bench today. Especially when Belgium is blessed with so much depth.

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd Belgium look much the better side - but I am wary of backing them at around 2.2. We have seen a lot of teams perform very differently in their second game to their first. Iran and Nigeria were much better, and Holland and Bosnia were much worse, for example. So I think it is very risky to base a bet on one performance from each side. Also, I think Belgium are being slightly over-hyped because they have English Premier League stars like Kompany, Hazard and Lukaku, whereas Russia don't. I also checked my records for shots on target stats from both sides competitive qualifier games - and Russia's were superior. It's a 'NO BET' for me :)

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd If Akinfeev keeps his place in goals he will be out to prove that hes not the worst goalkeeper at this tournament.His confidence will be shaky after numerous fumbles and a howler,the long range shot was straight at him but it managed to pop out of his grasp into the net.In fact it was reported on RT that the manager wouldnt let Akinfeev shave himself this morning for fears of his shaky hands causing an injury. :p

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd Today I will pay attention on goal timing and on exactly 2 scored goals. 1. Goal Timing After first matches the average minute of first goal was around 22'. Now it is 31' and is almost levelled with overall average (33'). But last 10 matches produced running average 42' and last 6 matches 44'. Since Ghana-USA we haven't seen goal before 15', only in 2 matches first goals came before 30'. After turbulent start of World Cup in last matches we can see very slow starts. We can also find deviation in percentage of matches with first goal before 10'. Only in 3 matches we saw that happen => 12%. Overall average is first goal until 10' in about 22% matches. Of course I can not predict that in this particular match the first goal will be scored before 10'. Statistic just shows the lack of matches with early goals in comparison to overall average. 2. Matches with exactly 2 scored goals In last 6 matches 3 of them ended with just one goal. Fair or not (disallowed goal for BIH...), luckily or not (Argentina...), for statistic it is important only final score. Now we have 13.8% of matches ended with just one goal (overall average is 20.0%) what is more normal in we can not clearly say that this abnormal deviation. Still we are lacking of matches with exactly 2 goals. Only 2 matches (6.9%) ended with 2 goals, overall average is 24.9%. And in last 10 matches we haven't seen exact 2 scored goals in one match. Betting on scored 2-0, 1-1, 0-2 is a bit risky. Also here I can not predict exactly two goals. My opinion is just the possibility for that outcome is bigger then odds show (aprox. 3.5 => 28%). As I read your predictions of Belgium win, maybe just to bet 2-0, 1-1 and cover to 0-2 or something like that. How to use those stats or what would I do? 1. If early goal will come then bet (back) under 2.5 with higher odd 2. Before the match bet (back) total goals = 2 or dutch correct scores 2-0, 1-1, 0-2 3. Perhaps lay 0-0 (if you have bigger bank) and if we won't see goals in first half close with minus. ... or something other. The point is the each individual punter should take its own picks with usage of statistics. If you have comment on that preview, please discuss...

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd

We saw in the first match how the team changed when the Tottenham rubbish came off. By Tottenham rubbish I'm referring to Dembele and Chadli. Dembele replaced in the middle by Felaini - 1st goal scored by Fellaini Chadli replaced out wide by Mertens - 2nd goal scored by Mertens It's not important that these two happened to be the scorers, it's the way the play changed once they came on. I noticed that a lot of the time when there was an unnecessary breakdown in Belgium's play or a stray pass, it came from Chadli and Dembele. They were the two biggest liabilities in that first half. Well Wilmonts must have read my mind because he pulled them shortly after. Expect to see both of them on the bench today. Especially when Belgium is blessed with so much depth.
Don't forget that Russia played their first match with their 3 best players on the bench. Dzagoev, Denisov and Kerzhakov were all on the bench. Only God and their coach understand that. When they came in Russia was much better. I still wait for the line ups. If they are on the bench again I'll pull the trigger on Belgium. If they are starters even Belgium have more depth and quality it will be tough game

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd I also favour the Belgians here and I found a little bit crazy odds - Belgium -2 AH for 12.94 @ Pinnacle My reasoning is pretty much that its a sick price for a slight favorite, and its kind of out of line with what the other bookies are offering. Im getting on it for sure, fingers crossed for a game with lots of Belgian goals.

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd Line-ups Belgium: T. Courtois V. Kompany D. Van Buyten T. Vermaelen T. Alderweireld M. Fellaini A. Witsel E. Hazard K. De Bruyne D. Mertens R. Lukaku Russia: I. Akinfeev V. Berezutski S. Ignashevich A. Kozlov D. Kombarov A. Samedov V. Faizulin D. Glushakov O. Shatov A. Kokorin M. Kanunnikov

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd Really can't understand the reasons for Capello leaving the russian best players out of the starting 11? it was clear to see last game that they need them to play or they just lack alot of creativity! Having said that Belgium weren't great in there 1st game either, but at least they managed to grind out a win. Can see the ageing Russian centre halves struggling to cope with Lukaku today and my best bet is for the Chelsea striker to notch a goal with Belgium taking the game. Lukaku/Belgium @ 11/4 Paddypower

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd Another consideration here is who needs points. I think Belgium might be happy with a draw, having won their first game. That would leave then on 4 points with South Korea to play - and left with a very good chance of qualifying. Although if Belgium win today, they do qualify today. Russia also might be happy with a draw, but a win would put them at the top of the group.

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd 2pts HT/FT - Draw/Belgium @ 5.50 Boylesports Struggling to find anything that I really like the look of. The only thing that stands out to me is bet mentioned above. Belgium usually take some time to get going and in Russia's last 5 games, they have not been in a losing position at half time. All things said, I think we are in for a tight first half and Belgium will come out on top in the second half when they finally get going.

Re: Belgium v Russia > Sunday June 22nd

2pts HT/FT - Draw/Belgium @ 5.50 Boylesports Struggling to find anything that I really like the look of. The only thing that stands out to me is bet mentioned above. Belgium usually take some time to get going and in Russia's last 5 games, they have not been in a losing position at half time. All things said, I think we are in for a tight first half and Belgium will come out on top in the second half when they finally get going.
Nothing quite like tuning in to the last 20mins of a game to see the winner being scored :) +9pts