Need advice

Re: Need advice you can't do a double on a team and first scorer from that team as the events are related. This means the odds on one are affected by the other. so if benzema scores first the odds on france are lower when he scores. The scorecast is a way of alleviating this problem as the odds are reduced. so e.g. france 3-0 is 12/1 benzema first scorer is 5/1 true odds on a double are 77/1,but scorecast odds are 40/1. To sum up there's no reason why you should not get paid out as the odds are already restricted to reflect the fact that the events are not mutually exclusive (are related). To further complicate the first goal was an og which means messi's should be classed as the first goal. Did you get paid out?

Re: Need advice

you can't do a double on a team and first scorer from that team as the events are related. This means the odds on one are affected by the other. so if benzema scores first the odds on france are lower when he scores. The scorecast is a way of alleviating this problem as the odds are reduced. so e.g. france 3-0 is 12/1 benzema first scorer is 5/1 true odds on a double are 77/1,but scorecast odds are 40/1. To sum up there's no reason why you should not get paid out as the odds are already restricted to reflect the fact that the events are not mutually exclusive (are related). To further complicate the first goal was an og which means messi's should be classed as the first goal. Did you get paid out?
mate he isnt asking whether he can do a scorecast he is asking whether he can to a scorecast double! to my knowledge and i may be wrong so dont take this and start shouting about it you can do scorecast double but not treble (though the good lord himself alone would know why you would want to) Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

mate he isnt asking whether he can do a scorecast he is asking whether he can to a scorecast double! to my knowledge and i may be wrong so dont take this and start shouting about it you can do scorecast double but not treble (though the good lord himself alone would know why you would want to) Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
well an easy way to find out would be to go online and try to place one or look at the rules

Re: Need advice i've just been onto ladbrokes site and there is nothing in the rules about scorecast doubles. i then tried to place 2 scorecast singles and 1 double. i ticked both single selections and clicked on multiple bets and was not given the option of a double. This would indicate it is not available. The person who took the bet in the shop would not necessarily know the rules and i would expect the bookie to quote the palpable error rule. To add to this again-if they do say it's a palpable error this means obvious error which is not true in this case. If i were you i would argue the case-they took the bet, it is not clear in their rules-how were you to know?

Re: Need advice General rule of thumb its up to the punter to know the rules (if they dont they shouldnt be placing the relevant bet) i would be somewhat surprised if this doesnt get paid. I would have both taken it and paid it had it happened in my shop and am pretty sure that they go into the system adequately and cannot come up with a reason why you wouldnt have been paid. Would be nice to know what the outcome was to be honest Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

General rule of thumb its up to the punter to know the rules (if they dont they shouldnt be placing the relevant bet)
Maybe I'm just naive but I've always thought it was the complete opposite. If different bookies have different rules than the emphasis is on them to say what is and isn't allowed. A bookie should never accept a bet they aren't willing to pay out on.

Re: Need advice From the other perspective an example say 6 runner claimer in the america. Busy shop. Customer runs up at the off (6f race). As a betting shop cashier you have two options put the bet through immediately and get the bet on. Alternatively check to see whether there are 8 runners and a handicap or not and miss the off making the point irrelevant anyway. That customer is placing a bet that there will be no dividend declared even if the 3 come in order. It is not possible to know every race as in race type and number of runners. This has happened to me and the customer went chicken oriental. I fail to see wherr the "you took the bet" argument stands up there And all bookmakers are covered by a human error statement in their rules anyway. My point was really that if you dont know the rules of a market you are betting on then should you really be betting on it? But it is in my opinion just as much the customers responsibility to know the rules rather than just kicking off when they dont get paid out on a bet that isnt allowed Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Re: Need advice Fair enough, I do see what you mean. Only ever thought about it from my point of view, if the bookie takes my money and accepts the bet I'd feel cheated and be livid if he didn't honour it. Another score for self-service terminals in store where this can't happen ay.

do you work for ladbrokes? if so how is the punter to know doubles are allowed, when there is no mention in the rules and online multiples not allowed?
that is a question for somebody much further up the ladder than myself. all i can do is speculate and in this instance that will not do any good at all Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Fair enough' date=' I do see what you mean. Only ever thought about it from my point of view, if the bookie takes my money and accepts the bet I'd feel cheated and be livid if he didn't honour it. Another score for self-service terminals in store where this can't happen ay.[/quote'] ssbts are the way the business is going but are also bad news for betting shop profit margins as the machine cant tell you who is a bad customer from the business point of view. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk