Ante-Post > Premier League 2014/15 Relegation

[TABLE=class: odds bestOdds] [TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Burnley[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

6312.gif [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Queens Park Rangers[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]

6312.gif [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Leicester City[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

6312.gif [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Crystal Palace[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Hull City[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]West Bromwich Albion[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Aston Villa[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

6312.gif [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Sunderland[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Swansea City[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]West Ham[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Newcastle United[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Stoke City[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Southampton[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: BO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Everton[/TD] [TD=class: bindHover cellOdd, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]

6452.gif [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 1 month later...

Re: Ante-Post > Premier League 2014/15 Relegation Everton did well last year based on home form, away form average. H W13 D3 L3 A W8 D6 L6. First seven games listed below Leicester (A) Arsenal (H) Chelsea (H) West Brom (A) Palace (H) Liverpool (A) Man Utd (A) They could easily lose 4 of those games and maybe 1 win and a couple of draws. They are a big price to go down at the moment, but can see that cutting fast. I will look to back them now and lay on betfair if the price gets low enough to made a decent profit. Everton to be relegated 250/1 @stan james

Re: Ante-Post > Premier League 2014/15 Relegation Early thoughts for me are that West Brom look decent value at 3/1 to go down. I'm not convinced by their appointment of Alan Irvine, they finished 17th last season and only escaped relegation by 3 points. For me they lack a goalscorer, their two strikers at the minute are Anichebe and Berahino. Defensively they look solid enough with the likes of Foster and Lescott in their squad but i just cannot see them scoring enough goals with the squad they have at the minute. Long way to go before the season starts of course but they stand out as good value to go down.

Re: Ante-Post > Premier League 2014/15 Relegation Newcastle at 9s looks interesting. They do tend to have one up season and one down. Last year they had some truly terrible patches of form where most of the players looked like they didn't want to be anywhere near the pitch. They suffered from losing Cabaye who was a real talisman for them. Now it seems they have lost Debuchy to Arsenal and Remy doesn't look like he'll be back again. From the start of the season until mid-October they also play a lot of other potential strugglers - Aston Villa, Hull, Swansea, Leicester, Stoke, Crystal Palace. After the fan discontent last year this could be the season Pardew finally goes at the very least.

Re: Ante-Post > Premier League 2014/15 Relegation i think aston villa have to be added to the list of potential relegation candidates. they've played with relegation for the past two seasons. this season could see them drop mainly because they seem so average and no match winners. they have one great performance then are terrible in the next five. that's not good enough or consistent. their home form will depend a lot on how they do but i think they will be hanging around the 15th position mark

Re: Ante-Post > Premier League 2014/15 Relegation I'm thinking Villa to get relegated too. Their signings so far this summer have included Senderos and Joe Cole. They've been linked with signing Kieran Richardson too. It that's the extent of their ambition in the transfer market then they'll only go one way...downwards.

Re: Ante-Post > Premier League 2014/15 Relegation

Everton did well last year based on home form, away form average. H W13 D3 L3 A W8 D6 L6. First seven games listed below Leicester (A) Arsenal (H) Chelsea (H) West Brom (A) Palace (H) Liverpool (A) Man Utd (A) They could easily lose 4 of those games and maybe 1 win and a couple of draws. They are a big price to go down at the moment, but can see that cutting fast. I will look to back them now and lay on betfair if the price gets low enough to made a decent profit. Everton to be relegated 250/1 @stan james
are you for real?!

Re: Ante-Post > Premier League 2014/15 Relegation As a villa fan, I can see why people mention us as relegation, but I am optimistic. Joe Cole is a good signing, he was class in Lille just over a year ago, and was never going to fit in west ham under alladyce, as joe likes to play football not hoof. Other positive factors, Okore is back, who looks a class act, and should bring the best out of Vlaar, who has been paired with Baker or Clark, both useless. Senderos won't be used and is back up. With benteke back, and Kozak, and with bent back and looking sharp, we'll get goals. I see a good year for us!

are you for real?!
Yes, This is a back to lay bet, as I think Everton will struggle at the start of the season, I would lay after the Europa league group games. For anyone who wants to know these are the 6 games currently scheduled after their Europa League endeavours. In normal circumstances I would expect them to win 3 of these games, however with an extra midweek game they may struggle. h palace a man utd a burnley a sunderland a tottenham h qpr

Re: Ante-Post > Premier League 2014/15 Relegation Sunderland @ 6.0 Skybet (1 point) I think the Mackems could be in for another tough season and at the price I think they are worth chancing on to finally drop down. They looked doomed for long periods of last season before finally pulling out of danger towards the end of the season. Poyet did a decent enough job but he's going to have to do it all over again. They haven't been very active in the transfer market yet either. Having lost Bardsley and Colback to rivals on free transfers they've so far brought in Pantimillion in goal and Billy Jones in defence who I'm not convinced is a better option than the outgoing Bardsley. Having agreed a ludicrous 14m fee for Borini there is speculation he doesn't want to go but that remains to be seen. Even if he does go they are Only adding a player who was there last season anyway so in reality are only trading water. They also had Ki on loan from Swansea and its unclear whether they will get him back which is someone else who will need replacing. So potentially from last season they will have lost Bardsley, Ki, Colback and Borini. All 4 fairly key players last season and they all need replacing with equally as good players just to be at the same level they were at last season which was a struggle. There are a few teams in the mix at the bottom who could be in for really tough seasons but Sunderland are the ones who really stand out at the price. Whilst some of the other bottom sides are going out and making some good signings, Sunderland look to be regressing if anything at the moment. There is still plenty of time for Poyet to make some good additions but I can't see their price getting any longer. And if they do fail to attract anty decent replacements I expect them to shorten quite sharply.

Sunderland @ 6.0 Skybet (1 point) I think the Mackems could be in for another tough season and at the price I think they are worth chancing on to finally drop down. They looked doomed for long periods of last season before finally pulling out of danger towards the end of the season. Poyet did a decent enough job but he's going to have to do it all over again. They haven't been very active in the transfer market yet either. Having lost Bardsley and Colback to rivals on free transfers they've so far brought in Pantimillion in goal and Billy Jones in defence who I'm not convinced is a better option than the outgoing Bardsley. Having agreed a ludicrous 14m fee for Borini there is speculation he doesn't want to go but that remains to be seen. Even if he does go they are Only adding a player who was there last season anyway so in reality are only trading water. They also had Ki on loan from Swansea and its unclear whether they will get him back which is someone else who will need replacing. So potentially from last season they will have lost Bardsley, Ki, Colback and Borini. All 4 fairly key players last season and they all need replacing with equally as good players just to be at the same level they were at last season which was a struggle. There are a few teams in the mix at the bottom who could be in for really tough seasons but Sunderland are the ones who really stand out at the price. Whilst some of the other bottom sides are going out and making some good signings, Sunderland look to be regressing if anything at the moment. There is still plenty of time for Poyet to make some good additions but I can't see their price getting any longer. And if they do fail to attract anty decent replacements I expect them to shorten quite sharply.
Totally agree with this, and to add to this sunder lands best player was Johnson, only had a good season as he was playing for a World Cup spot. I doubt you'll see the same drive this season. Losing Ki is massive as he creates. Long season for Sunderland, who have also lost a bit of bite in cater mole and Gardner.

Re: Ante-Post > Premier League 2014/15 Relegation I can't see QPR staying up as most of their squad is past its sell by dates and they were lucky to get up in the first place so I can't see them having the quality to survive, another team I feel likely to go down is west brom as they seem a very average team and if their home form is not up to scratch I can't see them getting many points away

Re: Ante-Post > Premier League 2014/15 Relegation Southampton way too short now at 5/1 to go down, would not back them at this stage as 7 teams are shorter then them. My tip would be to wait to see how things unfold and get into the market at the end of November when Southampton have a run of tough fixtures. [TABLE=class: matches, width: 557] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Sun[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]30/11/14[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Southampton[/TD] [TD=class: score-time status]13 : 30[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Manchester City[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button first-occur][/TD] [TD=class: widget1x2-button button]Odds[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Wed[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]03/12/14[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Arsenal[/TD] [TD=class: score-time status]19 : 45[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Southampton[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button first-occur][/TD] [TD=class: widget1x2-button button]Odds[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Sat[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]06/12/14[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Southampton[/TD] [TD=class: score-time status]15 : 00[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Manchester United [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: matches, width: 557] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Sat[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]13/12/14[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Burnley[/TD] [TD=class: score-time status]15 : 00[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Southampton[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button first-occur][/TD] [TD=class: widget1x2-button button]Odds[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Sat[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]20/12/14[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Southampton[/TD] [TD=class: score-time status]15 : 00[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Everton[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button first-occur][/TD] [TD=class: widget1x2-button button]Odds[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Fri[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]26/12/14[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Crystal Palace[/TD] [TD=class: score-time status]15 : 00[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Southampton[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button first-occur][/TD] [TD=class: widget1x2-button button]Odds[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Sun[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]28/12/14[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Southampton[/TD] [TD=class: score-time status]15 : 00[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Chelsea[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button first-occur][/TD] [TD=class: widget1x2-button button]Odds[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Thu[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]01/01/15[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Southampton[/TD] [TD=class: score-time status]15 : 00[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Arsenal[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button first-occur][/TD] [TD=class: widget1x2-button button]Odds[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Sat[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]10/01/15[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Manchester United[/TD] [TD=class: score-time status]15 : 00[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Southampton[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button first-occur][/TD] [TD=class: widget1x2-button button]Odds[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: even match no-date-repetition] [TD=class: day no-repetition]Sat[/TD] [TD=class: full-date]17/01/15[/TD] [TD=class: competition]PRL[/TD] [TD=class: team team-a, align: right]Newcastle United[/TD] [TD=class: score-time status]15 : 00[/TD] [TD=class: team team-b]Southampton[/TD] [TD=class: events-button button first-occur][/TD] [TD=class: widget1x2-button button][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Ante-Post > Premier League 2014/15 Relegation I think that West Brom will struggle hugely this year and I will be certainly backing them at their current price of 5/2 to get relegated. I just have a gut feeling that they will go down but here are some other reasons: Firstly I wouldnt be convinced by their appointmet of Irvine. I dont know too much about him but from what i can gather his previous spells in management have been less than successful. When fighting at the bottom experienced managers seem to often get the better results when push comes to shove. Also many appointments involving coaches being promoted to managers have not seemed to fair well. There has been a huge trend of teams finishing in 17th getting relegated the following year. 2011 - wolves finished 17th 2012- wolves finish 20th, QPR finish 17th 2013 - QPR finish 20th, Sunderland 17th 2014 -Sunderland 14th, West Brom 17th Last year sunderland looked dead and buried before winning four and drawing one of their last six games, the other game they lost on the last day after already making themselves safe. Had it not been for this miracle run I think they would have gone down. Bear in mind this run included victories over chelsea and united and a draw away with Man City. If you take those 7 points off them they would have finished with 31 points, 1 point above last placed Cardiff. I know this isn't relevant to West Brom going down this season but I am simply highlighting the trend. West Broms opening fixtures aren't too bad however their final 5 fixtures are awful. If West Brom are there or there abouts next season I dont see them mirroring a Sunderland type revival. Indeed look what happened with Norich last season when they appeared relatively safe throughout the season but got dragged in at the end. they only got 1 point from their last 7 games and went down 3 points off safety though their poor goal difference effectively made it 4 points. Their last four fixtures were Liverpool (H), United (A), Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H). West Brom face similar dificult fixtures with Liverpool (H), Uniited (A), Newcastle (A), Chelsea (H) and Aresenal (A) making up their final 5 fixtures. With teams chasing championships and champions league places these will not bean easy run in for west brom. After teams finish 17th you would like to see a good player recruitment drive throughout the summer. I dont believe West brom have signed anyone of huge note with the exception of maybe Lescott who may help sure up the defense should he stay injury free. I think they were stupid to let shane long leave last January as I thought he was their only striker of real quality. They have addressed their forward problem over the summer with the capture of Brown Ideye from dynamo kiev for 10 million. However Ive heard that Irvine apparently never actually seen him play, having only watched videos of him. If I was a West Brom fan I wouldn't find that hugely inspiring. Nor would I find the fact that he was ommitted from Nigeria's 30 man provisional squad for the world cup. Though his record of 33 goals in 74 games for Kiev isn't too bad if my club signed a player for 10 million I would like to think he could make the 30 provisional squad for Nigeria. If he fail to adapt to the premier league west brom may struggle to score goals. Graig Gardener however could prove a useful addition. If backing a team to be relegated you have to take into account the relative strength of other teams. The team your backing dosn't have to the worst, it just has to be worst than 17 others. At the minute Burnly are favourites to go down (about 4/7) and rightly so, they have no money and should be applauded for getting to the premier league. However, promoted teams often have a freshness about them for the first while when they come up, the excitment of playing in the premier league makes them play above themselves initially. I have a feeling burnly may be like blackpool were a few seasons ago and with danny ings up front i think they will score a few goals. That been said I think they probably will go down. QPR are second favourites (2-1) which I think is mad. They have Harry Redknapp who knows the league plus I think they may have got rid of a lot of the pre-madonna's who got them relegated in the first place. Yes Bosingwa i'm looking at you. They have sured up the defense with Rio, an ex england captain who will be a great presence around the dressing room and good organiser on the field and steven Caulker who I think is a great player with a bright future. Im very surprised a bigger club didn't come in for him. Charlie Austin got quite a few goals last year and it looks like Loic Remy ould be staying so I think QPR will have more than enough. Leicester are 4th favourites and to be honest I dont know much about them, from what i can gather they havn't signed anyone of note so we will see what happens there. Out of the rest I can only see maybe Villa and Palace being around there, possibly even Swansea. But I think Pulis will keep Palace up and Villa always seem to some how get away from there. Swansea should be fine with Bony and Gomis up front. Anyway they are my thoughts on the relegation battle and I think 5/2 represents good value. I always stick on one big accumalator at the beginning of the season for interest and West Brom will definately be in this years one. Most likely €100 on West Brom relegation, Derby promotion, PSG to win french league and Bayern to win the bundesliga. Pays €1750

Re: Ante-Post > Premier League 2014/15 Relegation 3pts Leicester to be relegated 13/5 Coral The side I like for the drop the most though is Leicester. Leicester strolled to the Championship title last season but they haven’t really strengthened and the players they had have all struggled in the Premier League before. They have signed Leonardo Ulloa from Brighton for a decent fee but he’s unproven in the Premier League and all those they’ve signed who are proven are getting on a bit now. I’m not convinced Leicester will score enough goals and unless Kasper Schmeichel has the season of all seasons I don’t see Leicester surviving. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/premier-league-betting-leicester-face-a-tough-first-season-back-in-the-league

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Re: Ante-Post > Premier League 2014/15 Relegation Just a quick update on my Everton Back to Lay bet, they can now be layed at 25 on betfair. I am going to hold out one more week, as they play man city at home next and other relegation candidates have matches against each other. * Update Managed to lay them for 28 straight after the 1-1 draw with man city. Good decision as they have picked up 4 points from last 2 games, currently on 26 points. At the current rate of points of team in 17th position, 33 points will be enough for survival.