2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives)

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives)

3rd Place Final Thursday 29th May Afghanistan v Maldives Final Friday 30th May Palestine v Philippines odds to follow ...
The tournament schedule is too tight. The host Maldives ONLY has one day rest, which could be a huge challenge for them, especially they've played extra time in the semi-final.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives) I usually pass on the 3rd placed match, mainly due to lack of motivation for both teams....who really remembers 3rd anyway?

I usually pass on the 3rd placed match' date=' mainly due to lack of motivation for both teams....who really remembers 3rd anyway?[/quote'] Either team win this game would write new history for their country. I would like to support host Maldive with little stake. Firstly, they are host and should be much more motivated before their their own supporters. Second, Several players of Afghanistan need to game physical check after the traffic accident and will most likely miss this game. Furthermore, the coach of Afghanistan will give some chance to the young boy in the team.

hello' date=' MPLouis. Will you be involved in this game?[/quote'] I'll be watching it, yes! The Maldives are exciting to watch - their attacking players have a lot of flair - (now if they could just shoot straight ... ) and Afghanistan also have an attacking approach. I've got a feeling there could be a few goals here. Odds of well over 2.0 for over 2.5 goals looks promising.

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives) 3rd Place Result: Afghanistan 1 Maldives 1 (after extra time) Maldives won on penalties Maldives celebrated as if they'd won the tournament, and I was pleased for their noisy colourful fans. But harsh on Afghanistan who were the better side in the game from what I saw.

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives) Final Result: Palestine 1 Philippines 0 (Palestine win the AFC Challenge Cup and qualify for the 2015 Asian Cup) Palestine deserved to win from what I saw. Their defence was strong - I don't think they conceded a goal in the tournament, and Philippines rarely threatened.