2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives)

Just spotted an error in Point 2 & 3: Maldives will qualify if they defeat Palestine 1-0, even if Myanmar wins. All 3 teams will be tied with 6 points, which leaves to a H2H table:

Palestine: 3 pts, 2 GS, 1 GC, +1 GD Maldives: 3 pts, 3 GS, 3 GC, 0 GD Myanmar: 3 pts, 3 GS, 4 GC, -1 GD

If Maldives win by 2 goals (let's keep it simple: 2-0)

Maldives: 3 pts, 4 GS, 3 GC, +1 GD Palestine: 3 pts, 2 GS, 2 GC, 0 GD Myanmar: 3 pts, 3 GS, 4 GC, -1 GD

If Maldives win by 3 goals (e.g 3-0)

Maldives: 3 pts, 5 GS, 3 GC, +2 GD Myanmar: 3 pts, 3 GS, 4 GC, -1 GD Palestine: 3 pts, 2 GS, 3 GC, -1 GD (due to lesser goal scored)

If it's 4-1, it'll depend on total goals scored since GD and goal scored in H2H table will be the same between Palestine and Myanmar.....now you see why I hate H2H permutations?

Yep, I think you're right on that - my mistake :ok

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives) Final Group B Games ... [TABLE=class: table-main]

[TR=class: center nob-border] [TH=class: first2 tl, colspan: 3]Tomorrow, 24 May[/TH] [TH]1[/TH] [TH]X[/TH] [TH]2[/TH] [TH]B's[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: table-dummyrow] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD=class: table-time datet t1400929200-1-1-0-0]11:00[/TD] [TD=class: name table-participant, colspan: 2]Afghanistan - Laos[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]1.13[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]7.52[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]13.40[/TD] [TD=class: center info-value]5[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: table-time datet t1400929200-1-1-0-0]11:00[/TD] [TD=class: name table-participant, colspan: 2]Turkmenistan - Philippines[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]2.66[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]3.20[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]2.49[/TD] [TD=class: center info-value]5[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives) As far as I can see, Afghanistan need a draw to qualify and Laos are out (they can't qualify). Phillipines need a draw to qualify and Turkmenistan have to win. http://www.the-afc.com/en/afc-challenge-2014-cup-all-news/28648-afc-challenge-cup-group-b-3rd-round-preview.html http://www.the-afc.com/en/afc-challenge-2014-cup-schedule-results.html

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives) Turkmenistan v Philippines With both sides needing something here, I can see this game having a few goals as they both push for the result they need. At well over evens, over 2.5 goals looks good value ... Over 2.5 2.38 Marathon Stake: 5 points

Myanmar - Kyrgyzstan Over 2.5 @ 2.05 (Bet365) 5/10 :( Maldives AH0 @ 1.80 (MarathonBet) 4/10 (no win/lose)
The Myanmar - Kyrgyzstan game was played in a torrential downpour, and with a soggy pitch it bogs the game down

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives) Afghanistan - Laos Afghanistan only needs a draw to qualify, and a win to qualify as group leaders, while Laos has no chance of qualification. As Afghanistan doesn't need a huge victory to qualify, I believe they might let the foot off the pedal once they go into a 2 goal lead. AH -2 is currently at 2.08 (MarathonBet), but Under 3.5 is 2.10 (BetVictor). I'll go for the Unders, just in case Afghanistan wins 3-0. Turkmenistan v Philippines I agree with MPLouis's Over 2.5 bet, especially with Turkmenistan's GK and 2 defenders suspended, while Philippines will be missing goalkeeper Neil Etheridge and defender Juan Guirado due to injury. Afghanistan - Laos Under 3.5 @ 2.10 (BetVictor) 4/10 Turkmenistan v Philippines Over 2.5 @ 2.38 (MarathonBet) 5/10

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives) Any idea mkmk och MPLouis about how the weather is going to be today in Maldives? And interesting oddsmovement in Afghanistan-Laos match. You can get Under 3.75 for 2.14@188Bet och 2.12@12Bet

Any idea mkmk och MPLouis about how the weather is going to be today in Maldives? And interesting oddsmovement in Afghanistan-Laos match. You can get Under 3.75 for 2.14@188Bet och 2.12@12Bet
BBC forecast to be heavy showers (http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/1282027) Do note that: 1) Both matches are played at 4pm local time, hence if there isn't any rain, it's gonna be hot. (31-34 degrees) 2) The Afghanistan-Laos game is played at Hithadhoo Zone Stadium, which both teams have played all their matches in, and was the stadium which Myanmar - Kyrgyzstan played. There was a huge puddle of water on 1 side of the pitch (side closer to camera/grandstand), and there was literally 0 attacks from that side when flooded. 3) Turkmenistan v Philippines will be featured at Rasmee Dhandu Stadium, which was the stadium for Group A matches.

The Myanmar - Kyrgyzstan game was played in a torrential downpour' date=' and with a soggy pitch it bogs the game down[/quote'] I watched the game anticipating goals. Kyryzstan had most of the play and both sides created chances, but the 'finishing' was a very poor standard I thought.

Turkmenistan v Philippines With both sides needing something here, I can see this game having a few goals as they both push for the result they need. At well over evens, over 2.5 goals looks good value ... Over 2.5 2.38 Marathon Stake: 5 points
Result: Turkmenistan 0 Philippines 2 Bet lost Stake: 5 points Return: nil I saw most of the game, and thought Philippines deserved to win. They played easily the more effective football, defending quite well and using space in attack to create chances. Turkmenistan missed a penalty before half time, and if they had scored it the game probably would have seen over 2.5 goals, but once Philippines took the lead, they were fairly comfortable (knowing a draw was all they needed) and Turkmenistan faded badly.

Afghanistan - Laos Under 3.5 @ 2.10 (BetVictor) 4/10 :D Turkmenistan v Philippines Over 2.5 @ 2.38 (MarathonBet) 5/10 :(
I saw glimpse of the Philippines game, and am impressed by them. Think they might win it all.

I saw glimpse of the Philippines game' date=' and am impressed by them. Think they might win it all.[/quote'] I think Palestine are probably a better team, but Philippines have a chance

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives) Semi Final line-up (Tuesday 27th May) - Palestine v Afghanistan Philippines v Maldives [TABLE=class: table-main]

[TR=class: center nob-border] [TH=class: first2 tl, colspan: 3]Tomorrow, 27 May - Play Offs[/TH] [TH]1[/TH] [TH]X[/TH] [TH]2[/TH] [TH]B's[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: table-dummyrow] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD=class: table-time datet t1401186600-1-1-0-0]10:30[/TD] [TD=class: name table-participant, colspan: 2]Palestine - Afghanistan[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]2.10[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]3.23[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]3.14[/TD] [TD=class: center info-value]5[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: table-time datet t1401206400-1-1-0-0]16:00[/TD] [TD=class: name table-participant, colspan: 2]Philippines - Maldives[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]2.53[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]3.21[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]2.52[/TD] [TD=class: center info-value]5[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives) Palestine v Afghanistan I've been impressed with what I've seen of Palestine so far. They have looked a class above most of the other teams in this tournament, and I think at 2.2 they represent some value. They tend to play higher standard opponents like Qatar and Saudi Arabia, whereas Afghanistan tend to play teams who struggle more. Palestine 2.2 Marathon Stake: 5 points

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives) Philippines v Maldives Philippines look the value here at up to 2.7. They were third in the last tournament, and looked impressive in their last game. Although Maldives are at home, the Philippines also have a lot of fans at games. Philippines AH0 1.94 Marathon Stake: 5 points

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives) Palestine v Afghanistan This shall be a quick one as odds are dropping: 5 Afghanistan players were injured in a bus accident yesterday (http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3952/asia/2014/05/24/4838192/afghanistan-players-injured-in-bus-accident), including their team captain (http://minivannews.com/society/afghanistans-football-team-injured-in-addu-city-accident-85537). All 5 players have been ruled out for tomorrow's game. Hope they'll recover soon. Palestine win @ 2.20 (MarathonBet) 6/10

Palestine v Afghanistan This shall be a quick one as odds are dropping: 5 Afghanistan players were injured in a bus accident yesterday (http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3952/asia/2014/05/24/4838192/afghanistan-players-injured-in-bus-accident), including their team captain (http://minivannews.com/society/afghanistans-football-team-injured-in-addu-city-accident-85537). All 5 players have been ruled out for tomorrow's game. Hope they'll recover soon. Palestine win @ 2.20 (MarathonBet) 6/10
Hello, mkmk I'm new comer on football betting. And I like coming here to see some useful information from you and other "God Punter". I'm wondering how could you collect this kind of information, which maybe have a big impact about the game result before you make a bet, just like this one make you lean to support Palestine. Searching form internet, and use google, wikipedia or something else? I know this maybe a big topics, but it would be appreciated if you could share some experience to me.:D

Hello, mkmk I'm new comer on football betting. And I like coming here to see some useful information from you and other "God Punter". I'm wondering how could you collect this kind of information, which maybe have a big impact about the game result before you make a bet, just like this one make you lean to support Palestine. Searching form internet, and use google, wikipedia or something else? I know this maybe a big topics, but it would be appreciated if you could share some experience to me.:D
Soccerway for team's form/performance/H2H against opponents. Google -> News for latest information. For bigger tournaments like World Cup, information flows very quickly into major football websites. For smaller tournaments such as this, Google is your best friend.

The official website is also useful. For European tournaments like the UEFA Champions League it's http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/ For this tournament, it's the AFC website: http://www.the-afc.com/en/tournaments/men/afc-challenge-cup.html

Palestine v Afghanistan I've been impressed with what I've seen of Palestine so far. They have looked a class above most of the other teams in this tournament, and I think at 2.2 they represent some value. They tend to play higher standard opponents like Qatar and Saudi Arabia, whereas Afghanistan tend to play teams who struggle more. Palestine 2.2 Marathon Stake: 5 points
Result: Palestine 2 Afghanistan 0 Bet won :ok Stake: 5 points Return: 11 points From what I saw, Palestine looked the better side and deserved the win.

Palestine win @ 2.20 (MarathonBet) 6/10
Bet won too. Congrats to all who did the same! Btw, I didn't see a need to write a similar review for the Philippines-Maldives game, as I agree with MPLouis' preview.

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives) Hello, mkmk&MPLouis I've checked some news before the 2nd semi-final game start, Could you kindly give your comment here? Dennis Cagara, back to club for promotion battle, while Ruben Doctora, Juani Guirado and Neil Etheridge are in the injury list. Furthermore german based player Schrock is also doubt for this game. How will all these missing could be affect the game result? Thanks.

Hello, mkmk&MPLouis I've checked some news before the 2nd semi-final game start, Could you kindly give your comment here? Dennis Cagara, back to club for promotion battle, while Ruben Doctora, Juani Guirado and Neil Etheridge are in the injury list. Furthermore german based player Schrock is also doubt for this game. How will all these missing could be affect the game result? Thanks.
Brief comment - I think these injuries have been known for a while, and I'm guessing the latest odds reflect this. I don't know enough about either team to know how important any of these injuries are.

Hello, mkmk&MPLouis I've checked some news before the 2nd semi-final game start, Could you kindly give your comment here? Dennis Cagara, back to club for promotion battle, while Ruben Doctora, Juani Guirado and Neil Etheridge are in the injury list. Furthermore german based player Schrock is also doubt for this game. How will all these missing could be affect the game result? Thanks.
Cagara - can be replaced by Daisuke Sato, who has performed well (http://www.philstar.com/sports/2014/05/27/1327785/azkals-go-historic-finals-vs-maldives) Etheridge - can be replaced by Roland Müller, who is the 1st choice keeper for Servette FC, so has plenty of gametime. Doctora & Schrock are doubtful, but not ruled out of the game. However, if both of them and Juan Guirado (central defender) are ruled out, then look for Philippines to play a very patient game. Under 2.5 goals isn't very attractive though (1.42 @ MarathonBet).

Philippines v Maldives Philippines look the value here at up to 2.7. They were third in the last tournament, and looked impressive in their last game. Although Maldives are at home, the Philippines also have a lot of fans at games. Philippines AH0 1.94 Marathon Stake: 5 points
Result: Philippines 2 Maldives 2 Bet void Stake: 5 points Return: 5 points (Philippines won 3-2 after extra time)

Re: 2014 AFC Challenge Cup (Maldives) 3rd Place Final Thursday 29th May Afghanistan v Maldives Final Friday 30th May Palestine v Philippines [TABLE=class: table-main]

[TR=class: center nob-border] [TH=class: first2 tl, colspan: 3]Tomorrow, 29 May - Play Offs[/TH] [TH]1[/TH] [TH]X[/TH] [TH]2[/TH] [TH]B's[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: table-dummyrow] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD=class: table-time datet t1401379200-1-1-0-0]17:00[/TD] [TD=class: name table-participant, colspan: 2]Afghanistan - Maldives[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]2.82[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]3.20[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]2.60[/TD] [TD=class: center info-value]2[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: center nob-border] [TH=class: first2 tl, colspan: 3]30 May 2014 - Play Offs[/TH] [TH]1[/TH] [TH]X[/TH] [TH]2[/TH] [TH]B's[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: table-dummyrow] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [TD][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: odd] [TD=class: table-time datet t1401465600-1-1-0-0]17:00[/TD] [TD=class: name table-participant, colspan: 2]Palestine - Philippines[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]2.40[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]3.20[/TD] [TD=class: odds-nowrp]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: center info-value]1[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]