** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Forget the jumps, forget the sand, the real racing has begun!

Re: Forget the jumps, forget the sand, the real racing has begun!

3rd 4½ l Maria Luisa 3D P McDonogh 4-6
9 0K Prendergast
Led, ridden entering straight, headed 1 1/2f out, 3rd and no extra final furlong
Staked: 13pts Returned: +6.00 Days Total: -7.00 Running Total: +10.3pts Bank: 40.3pts

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Forget the jumps, forget the sand, the real racing has begun! These will be the last selections for a while, done my homework but no long descriptions. 7.40 Chepstow- Profits Reality 1.30 Chester- Maraahel 2.00 Chester- Notability 2.30 Chester- Hattan 2pts each @ SP

1st Drawn 1 :'>Maraahel (IRE) 4R Hills 10-3
9 1Sir Michael Stoute
Held up, headway over 3f out, led over 1f out, driven out Opened 10/3, touched 4/1
1st Drawn 2 :'>Notability (IRE) 3P Robinson 2-1
8 4M Jarvis
Keen, led 1f, chased leaders, ridden to lead over 1f out, ran on Opened 5/2, touched 3/1
1st Drawn 2 :'>Hattan (IRE) 3S Sanders 11-2
8 10C Brittain
Mid-division, headway 3f out, soon ridden, edged left and led inside final furlong, ran on Opened 11/2, touched 6/1
1st Drawn 1 :'>Profit's Reality (IRE) 3G Gibbons 7-2
9 2P Blockley
Held up in touch, led 2f out, quickened clear, comfortably Opened 9/4, touched 7/2
Staked: 8pts Returned: +36.6 Days Total:+28.6 Running Total: +38.6pts Bank: 68.6pts

Re: Forget the jumps, forget the sand, the real racing has begun! Thanks :) Friday 6th May 2.00 Chester Since the elections on, I've had a look at tomorrows races. Looks to be some fantastic value in this race as I can't be having the favourite at odds on. Those I don't like and Excusez Moi was well down the field in a Group 3 last time and takes a hike in trip today, could do anything but I cant see him winning. Forward Move was a well beaten 7th in the Craven but is sure to come on from that especially considering the horses he faced that day. The favourite, Gyspy King is one of the favs for the Derby but having read that Aiden O'Brien has his doubts ahead of this race, that this is not the stables best hope for the classic and that the horse hasnt come into his coat yet, I'll leave well alone at this price. Im Spartacus and Zohar have dont little to suggest that they can win this class of race while Jack The Giant, although entered in the Derby, may need this run and was disappointing lto when backed into favourtism. Mordor is another who could be anything having run once and won but he is left alone in preference of two who have "been there and done that". To the selections and if the 20's available on betfair for THUNDERWING are correct, I feel I must have missed something. He won second time out in a maiden (second won twice since). That was followed by two novice wins including one over Rocamadour who won a Listed race at the end of April. He was then fifth in a Listed race in France which I cant read too much into. His seasonal reappearance this season saw him finish second behind the favourite in a Conditions race. He should come on for that and I feel a small stake interest is worth it here. 1pt win @ 32 2pt place @ 4.9 The main selection is ZALONGO who won his debut race in October before finishing second by a head in a handicap in his first race of this season. He has proven form on going and trip unlike some others and Stoute's record here is pretty good. Certainly worth going for with question marks over a lot of the runners here. 2pts @ 5.2

Re: Forget the jumps, forget the sand, the real racing has begun! 2.30 Chester The market seems to have gotten this one right with Day Flight and Acropolis the leaders. Of those I dont want, Margery Daw simply lacks class while Three Counties has been running, unsuccessfully, in NH Flat races and so little is known but will find a few too good. Although Red Lancer was a surprise winner of the Vase last year, he has failed to reproduce that form and although any course form should be repsected, I cant see him repeating that feat today. Although Lochbuie and Shabernak have won in the past, they havent won good enough races to suggest that they will come on and win this one. Distinction makes his seasonal reappearance and is twice a listed winner over this distance and looks like a horse who will win a good race soon but he is bypassed for this one. Acropolis was a surprise 100/1 fourth in the Arc and is a previous listed race winner. He was a disappointing second when odds on earlier this year and although he should come on for that, he too is left alone. That leaves the selection as DAY FLIGHT who is bidding for a hat-trick. Having won his first two career races, he was then 4th in both a Group 1 and a Group 3 race. Returning this year, he has won a listed and a Group 3. Does try this distance for the first time but looks sure to stay it and the RP noted that Chester is a track which "should suit". 2pts @ 3.3

Re: Forget the jumps, forget the sand, the real racing has begun! Thanks Joe

3rd Drawn 2 1¼ l :'>Zalongo 3R Winston 7-2
8 8Sir Michael Stoute
Mid-division, headway over 2f out, ridden over 1f out, stayed on Opened 7/2, touched 4/1
7th Drawn 1 2l :'>Thunderwing (IRE) 3Darren Williams 16-1
8 8K Burke
Prominent, ridden over 3f out, not clear run over 2f out, soon weakened Opened 20/1
1st Drawn 1 :'>Day Flight 4R Hughes 85-40
9 0J Gosden
Keen, in touch, not clear run over 2f out, headway and edged right over 1f out, led 1f out, soon edged right, ridden outOpened 2/1, touched 5/2
Staked: 7pts Returned: +6.6 Days Total: -0.4pts Running Total: +38.2pts Bank: 68.2pts

Re: Forget the jumps, forget the sand, the real racing has begun! Saturday 7th May 2.20 Haydock Having backed WELSH EMPEROR last time out and being left disappointed, I will give him another chance today. This selection is from a tactical view point and in a fiver runner race, he can lead from the off unchallenged. The rest of the field are hold up horses and if Robert Winston can ride him well enough, theres no reason why he cant leave them in his trail. 2pts @ 5.2 1.10 Lingfield A possibly speculative selection but one again based on tactics. I can see there being a fair amount of pace in this one with Gonfilla, Lucky Spin and Three Secrets likely to head to the front. This can leave the door open for NUFOOS to snatch it assuming he can handle the trip. He was a disappointing 4th last time out but can come on from that and show his class here. 2pts @ 7.4 2.10 Lingfield WALK IN THE PARK is taken to win this Derby trial having been third in a Group 1 in France last season. This is his first run of the season but has the class to edge out his fitter rivals. 2pts @ 2.64 2.40 Newmarket Another with potential pace with Honey Ryder, Stargem and Chance For Romance all likely front runners. If they burn each other out, the path is clear for SARISTAR to grab this one. Dettori is booked for this CD winner who is back to a reasonable mark and can strike again here. 2pts @ 4.4 3.30 Beverley My paper tells me to avoid those drawn low i sprints and I will do when going with PHILHARMONIC. He disapointed last season but was collared on the line last month on his reappearance and can come on for that and win here. 2pts @ 2.16

2nd Drawn 3 hd :'>Nufoos 3R Hills 7-1
8 5M Johnston
Led, ridden over 1f out, headed inside final furlong, kept on Opened 11/2, touched 7/1
2nd Drawn 5 nk :'>Walk In The Park (IRE) 3K Fallon 6-4
8 10J Hammond
Pulled hard, steadied in last pair, headway and switched out to track leading pair 2f out, chased winner final furlong, no impression near finish Opened 13/8, touched 7/4
1st Drawn 4 :'>Welsh Emperor (IRE) 6R Winston 7-2
9 3T Tate
Made all, riden over 1f out, ran on Opened 4/1
6th Drawn 2 2l :'>Saristar 4L Dettori 11-4
9 8P Cole
Slowly into stride, held up, ridden 2f out, no impression Opened 3/1
1st Drawn 6 :'>Philharmonic 4P Hanagan 11-8
8 12R Fahey
Chased leaders, outpaced halfway, stayed on approaching final furlong, led inside, kept on well Opened evens, touched 6/4
Staked: 10pts Returned: +14.7 Days Total:+4.7 Running Total: +43.3pts Bank: 73.3pts

Re: Forget the jumps, forget the sand, the real racing has begun! Sunday 8th May Just a few from Ireland today. 2.25 Leopardstown JIOCONDA was second two weeks ago and was the one to note from that run which was over C & D. There are several interesting newcomers but I tend to stick with tried and tested. 2pts @ 2.94 2.55 Leopardstown SOCIETY MILINER is taken to get off the mark at the third time of asking. A third behind Fracas and a second behind Shalapour is good form and this is his second effort at this trip on the heavy ground. 3.55 Leopardstown A possibly speculative selection but I was impressed with BOBS PRIDE when beating the fancied Almighty last time out in what was his second win on the trot having previously beaten Shalapour. Obvious dangers are Fracas and GRAND CENTRAL and of those two, I fancy the latter to be the best with Down Mexico Way running to set the pace for O'Brien's other horse. Grand Central- 2pts win 3.1 Bobs Pride- 2pts win 5.7 5.25 Leopardstown SOLKSJAER is taken to win when turning out quickly after a second place to Maraahel. A course and distance winner, he can continue Fallon and O'Brien's good form. 2pts @ 3.05

2nd 7l Jioconda 2N G McCullagh 7-4
8 8E Lynam
Led and disputed, ridden in 2nd from early straight, dropped to 3rd 1 1/2f out and no impression, kept on same pace into moderate 2nd final furlong
4th 4l Society Milliner 3P J Smullen 7-4
9 2D Weld
Tracked leaders, went 2nd approaching straight, ridden to challenge and almost on terms 2f out, soon no extra under pressure
3rd 1l Grand Central 3K Fallon 6-4
9 0A P O'Brien
Tracked leaders in 4th, 3rd from early straight, short of room under 2f out and again over 1f out where switched to outer, kept on final furlong, not reach leaders
4th 6l Bobs Pride 3P J Smullen 9-2
9 0D Weld
Rear, keen hold early, ridden to challenge in 4th from under 2f out, no impression from over 1f out, kept on one pace
2nd ½l Solskjaer 5K Fallon 6-4
10 1A P O'Brien
Tracked leader, improved to lead over 3f out, strongly pressed and headed under 1f out, no extra and kept on same pace
Staked: 10pts Returned: 0pts Days Total: -10pts Running Total: +33.3pts Bank: 63.3pts

Re: Forget the jumps, forget the sand, the real racing has begun! Saturday 14th May 3.30 Nottingham I backed RINGMOOR DOWN last time out when he was third behind Avonbridge and Ashdown Express. He faces nothing of that quality today and can prevail, albeit at shorter odds than last time. 2pts @ 3.45 2.40 Newbury The class horse in the field is RAKTI and if he holds it together, he can blitz his rvials here. 2pts @ 3.2

Re: Forget the jumps, forget the sand, the real racing has begun! 3.15 Newbury SAADIGG beat subsequent winner Quizenne lto and if allowed to dictate things today, can follow up on that win. 2pts @ 5.6 2.10 Newbury HIGH ACCOLADE has the class to beat Dubai Success in this one on his favoured ground. 2pts @ 4.1

3rd Drawn 5 ½l :'>High Accolade 5W Supple 11-4
9 4M Tregoning
With leader, led over 3f out, ridden and stayed on from 2f out, headed inside final furlong, not quicken and lost 2nd near finish Opened 11/4, touched 3/1
1st Drawn 5 :'>Rakti 6P Robinson 7-4
9 0M Jarvis
Led after 1f, quickened 2f out, soon clear, ran on strongly Opened 2/1, touched 9/4
3rd Drawn 10 1¾ l :'>Saadigg (IRE) 3P Robinson 9-2
8 13M Jarvis
Led, ridden and headed 2f out, chased winner to inside final furlong, one pace and no impression Opened 4/1, touched 5/1
3rd Drawn 5 ¾l :'>Ringmoor Down 6T Quinn 9-4
9 9D Arbuthnot
Held up, headway 2f out, ridden approaching final furlong, stayed on Opened 2/1, touched 9/4
Staked: 10pts Returned: 8.4pts Days Total: -1.6pts Running Total: +31.7pts Bank: 61.7pts