Liverpool v Manchester City > Sunday April 13th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Liverpool v Manchester City (13:37 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.52[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Liverpool v Manchester City > Sunday April 13th This game is shaping up to possibly be the title deciding fixture so it is an enormous game for both clubs and will no doubt be a great spectacle. Liverpool to most peoples surprise are right in the mix for the title race this season and currently lead Chelsea by 2 points but Manchester City are 4 points behind with two games in hand. If Liverpool are to win the league, they must beat City on Sunday or else the team from Manchester will be massive favourites to lift the trophy once more. Both sides score goals for fun so I will be very surprised if it is a dull boring game. Liverpool have only lost 1 home game in the Premier League this season and that was a 1-0 defeat against Southampton. They have won 14 of their 16 home games which included beating Manchester United 1-0, beating Everton 4-0, beating Arsenal 5-1 and also thrashing Spurs 5-1. They say to win a league you must perform well against the top sides and they are doing just that. Manchester City are now unbeatan in their last 10 away games in the league though and they have plenty of players in their ranks with the ability to hurt Liverpool. The value in my opinion is the draw @ 13/5 with Bet365 as I simply can't find much between the sides at the moment. If you gave Manchester City a draw right now they would take it and I think the way they have been playing that they will get a result at Anfield. Liverpool looked quite leggy in their 2-1 win away to West Ham at the weekend, Suarez doesn't seem to have that sparkle he had earlier in the season and he looked a frustrated player in the West Ham game. I think 1-1 is the most likely result, there is so much at stake for both sides that it could easily end up all square. Liverpool v Manchester City Draw @ 13/5 Bet365 - Also Get a £200 Free Bet when you Register!

Re: Liverpool v Manchester City > Sunday April 13th Four of the last 5 games at Anfield between the two teams have ended in draws, so that aids your argument. However ...... Liverpool have been ruthless at home and have been scoring goals, much like City has at home. But City are on the road, and though they have beaten Man Utd and Hull on the road, they have drawn with Arsenal and Norwich in their last 4 games. Their defence is similar to Liverpool's in that they can be good but also be shaky, while the midfield should be a great battle. If again, it looked like the Arsenal midfield got the better of Toure and co, and they are going to have just as much a tougher time on the road at Anfield as they did at the Emirates. There are two things that edge in this Liverpool's favour: Firstly,Suarez is in form, and has been throughout the season, and he carries the hopes of Anfield. With Sturridge and exp[ect Sterling to be up there with them, they have been terrorising defences all season. Aguero is expected to be back, but he has had an injury plagued season, and not sure he will be 100% for this. If he was 100% then there would be nothing between the two sides, but also find that he and Dzeko are not a good combination and they tend to misread each other. Secondly is the home ground advantage. Anfield have been rocking the last few games as they realise this may be the year they win the title. That has lifted the team and ground swell of support has not been heard of for a long time. And with this being the 25th Anniversary of the Hillsborough tragedy, emotionally this will be even more important for Liverpool and its fans, and they will bring the noise from the opening whistle. With Liverpool this year scoring many of their goals in the first half, would not be surprised that Man City get a shock early on. Liverpool 2-0. C'mon you reds!!!!!!!!

Re: Liverpool v Manchester City > Sunday April 13th 4pts First goal 27th minute or before 10/11 Stan James Usually in these big matches the two sides cancel each other out but I don’t really see how that can happen here because both have huge question marks over themselves defensively and both score goals for fun so we should be in for quite an exciting game here. Liverpool have often come out of the traps fast and blasted opponents away early at Anfield and with an early goal for City allowing them to control the game I think we could well see the deadlock broken early in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/liverpool-vs-man-city-betting-expect-an-early-goal-in-the-big-match-at-anfield

Re: Liverpool v Manchester City > Sunday April 13th Bringing in Aguero who will likely not be 100% would only hamper City s chances. Further, City do not need to win here. Liverpool had a wondreful wake-up call last weekend and they will show up for this one. Winning ugly is a true hallmark of a Champion side and Liverpool find a way to beat their opponents. Gerrard is their talisman and he has been a rock in front of the defence while marshalling the troops forward. City's away form is a bit suspect and the Anfield advantage should spur on the home side. If they win this match and the next, they will likely go on to win the Premier League. Liverpool have had fewer distractions and they are more cohesive as a team. Suarez is by far the best striker in the Premier League. Given how he has had to sit out early games, he is certainly more prolific than even Chris Ronaldo!! Dont forget that pool's defence has often shown up in the big games. City were a bit lucky to win the reverse leg at home. If Aguero starts then city will lack the edge a bit for sure. Minus Aguero they have been good in front of the goal but suddenly bringing in a sub-par Aguero can only hurt them more. City will happily take a draw here and that's why they will go on to lose. Their mentality will cost them dearly here. The Reds are mentally strong and they can't help but feel a sense of destiny and that bolsters belief. Liverpool will thump City and win at half time and at full time. Pool will score 3+. Gerrard will score from the spot!! If Kompany is indeed not 100% and Yaya is recovering from a knock, then pool will comfortably win this. More so if Aguero plays!!

Re: Liverpool v Manchester City > Sunday April 13th To be fair I'm sick of reading posts from die hard Liverpool fans.... You are so one sided when it comes to this match. I think that you will learn your lesson tonight. You just canno't underestimate City at this stage of the season, they will want to win this match as much as Liverpool will as it will increase their title chances superbly. Forget the mythical Anfield, Aston Villa came to Liverpool and almost outclassed them. Recently Suarez is not scoring as much as he used to do and he's far from his top form. Both teams have heavy missiles that can fire tonight, but in my opinion City will have too much for Liverpool. With Aguero or not, they have been playing some decent football which puts them in the postion that they are in at the moment. I wouldn't have a problem with people saying that this will be close match between two top sides, but seeing some bull**** about how great Liverpool is and that they will destroy City just makes me laugh. I have backed City in a double with Everton as I think that City will have that something extra today.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester City > Sunday April 13th

To be fair I'm sick of reading posts from die hard Liverpool fans.... You are so one sided when it comes to this match.
I agree lopsided speculation of a favorites team performance is not good and sometimes having a more balanced argument is what is required. However, if you are new to the board maybe not be rude in others opinions, while they may or may not be wrong referring to them as ******. Is not what this forum is about. Good luck tonight with your bet.

Re: Liverpool v Manchester City > Sunday April 13th I've read the arguments and my conclusion is ............. EVERYONE IS CORRECT !!!! Liverpool have been ferocious starters of games this season. They have come out all guns blazing and it has really worked. Man City away from home have been excellent defensively in the 1st half. They have conceded just 4 goals in 16 away 1st halves. They have also won 6 of their last 8 1st half away games, with 6 1st half clean sheets. Realistically anything could happen here. All outcomes seem probable. Both teams are really good, and the game is huge. I prefer games where one team looks much more likely to achieve a winning result (for me, not them) May as well have a smaller bet with bigger odds and just enjoy the game. Either team to squander a 1st half lead and draw the game. I will take both of the following .... HT Man City FT DRAW is 15 to 1 bet365 for 1 unit HT liverpool FT DRAW is 15 to 1 bet365 for 1 unit

To be fair I'm sick of reading posts from die hard Liverpool fans.... You are so one sided when it comes to this match. I think that you will learn your lesson tonight. You just canno't underestimate City at this stage of the season, they will want to win this match as much as Liverpool will as it will increase their title chances superbly. Forget the mythical Anfield, Aston Villa came to Liverpool and almost outclassed them. Recently Suarez is not scoring as much as he used to do and he's far from his top form. Both teams have heavy missiles that can fire tonight, but in my opinion City will have too much for Liverpool. With Aguero or not, they have been playing some decent football which puts them in the postion that they are in at the moment. I wouldn't have a problem with people saying that this will be close match between two top sides, but seeing some bull**** about how great Liverpool is and that they will destroy City just makes me laugh. I have backed City in a double with Everton as I think that City will have that something extra today.
Are you finished? Good. Now everybody is entitled to their opinion in a civil manner, so chill out.

Believe the hype we will never walk alone!
What an atmosphere at start of match when watching on tv, must be immense to be actually in the ground at the start of these matches. That Liverpool anthem at the start deserves the title on its own, hopefully Liverpool go on to collect title, as they have been playing very good attractive football.

To be fair I'm sick of reading posts from die hard Liverpool fans.... You are so one sided when it comes to this match. I think that you will learn your lesson tonight. You just canno't underestimate City at this stage of the season, they will want to win this match as much as Liverpool will as it will increase their title chances superbly. Forget the mythical Anfield, Aston Villa came to Liverpool and almost outclassed them. Recently Suarez is not scoring as much as he used to do and he's far from his top form. Both teams have heavy missiles that can fire tonight, but in my opinion City will have too much for Liverpool. With Aguero or not, they have been playing some decent football which puts them in the postion that they are in at the moment. I wouldn't have a problem with people saying that this will be close match between two top sides, but seeing some bull**** about how great Liverpool is and that they will destroy City just makes me laugh. I have backed City in a double with Everton as I think that City will have that something extra today.
BOOM

Re: Liverpool v Manchester City > Sunday April 13th Credit where it is due, Liverpool deserve the title this season. Played the best football, have the best fans, and today was an emotional day. Would be harsh for a player like Steven Gerrard never to have a PL medal either, a proper loyal player through the years. Yes I am a United fan, but I always like to see the best team win. Great result today for the Pool, I don't think anything but 3 points would have been acceptable given the occasion. Really impressed by the pace and intensity liverpool played at in the first half, thought City bossed the 2nd half and Liverpool maybe got a tad lucky with the 3rd goal, but overall deserved winners.