** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Europa League Quarter Finals > Thursday April 10th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 10 April 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Benfica v AZ Alkmaar (20:05 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Juventus v Olympique Lyonnais (20:05 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.38[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.40 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Sevilla v FC Porto (20:05 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Valencia v FC Basel (20:05 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.63[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.96 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Europa League Quarter Finals > Thursday April 10th Sevilla will surely be my main bet tonight. Porto will miss their best player Jackson Martinez due suspension along with their best defensive mid Fernando. 2 key missings for them and also their regular goalie Helton is out but his sub does very well lately and saved them against Napoli last round. But Porto still conceded a lot of chances in that game and could have easily be down by more than one goal.. Quaresma saved them with a wonder goal but I doubt this will happen twice. Sevilla has found a decent form and are currently on a nice streak especially at home they win back to back games and score a lot of goals. Some key players were rested at the weekend including Rakitic so they will be fully focussed on reaching the Semi finals. I definitely think they are strong enough to win here. Porto can be a tough nut to crack but they will suffer here. Martinez almost scored all of their important goals this season and his replacement is surely a downgrade. Fernando is really important in capturing the ball in midfield, also his vision is quite ok but they will miss him the most in front of their defense. I watched him a couple of times this season and he is very important. Mangala is one of their key players in the centre this year and it's likely he will be transferred in the summer to a BIG gun. Defender Carrico is a doubt for Sevilla but he might still start tonight. The main factor for me here is home advantage. Like we saw many times the second tie at home is decisive just look at the results lately in European games. Almost all home teams win the second tie. Also porto isn't really convincing away from home. Many draws or losses in their last 5 games. I rate them as a typical home team. Sevilla with the crowd behind them can surely turn this tie here if they find a first half goal. Normally I would be cautious but these missings are big for Porto and on the road they struggled too often so I'm happy with the 1.90 for the home side at my local. Also Sevilla to qualify small/medium stakes for me! Both teams will have a very important game on sunday but I don't expect them to take this one easy. A semi final is on the cards here and it will be a great game to watch! Benfica vs AZ will be my next pick. I watched AZ pretty often this year cause I follow the Eredivisie very closely and I can tell you one thing. This is the game of the year for them and their club but they are so tired lately. Many players are complaining for a while now, they are suffering from a hectic schedule and almost always the same players start and it's obviously not human to be fully fit this far in the season after so many games. Key winger Beerens is a big doubt but he might start, Gudelj missed their weekend game and is also suffering from a knock on his ankle. Also some defenders are having troubles, all in all far from an ideal situation for AZ here. Their motivation will be sky high here but Benfica clearly has too much quality. They might rotate again on some positions with Gaitan suspended etc but their home record is insane and they only won 0-1 in the first leg. So they will be way more focussed than when they played against Tottenham and AZ clearly doesn't have the quality Tottenham has. I can't see nothing else than a home win here. Benfica will surely want to progress and AZ is a nice victim for them at the moment. Benfica to score 2 or more goals is a banker for me, especially in the 2th half they will clearly be much fitter and sharper than AZ. AZ will probably start really defensive same against Anzhi and it did work but Anzhi is really poor compared to Benfica's power upfront. Odds are low ofcourse but good enough for some combo's. Also Benfica -1.5 medium stakes for me! This is the first real opponent AZ faces and it will be their end for sure. Quality gap is huge and fatigue will surely play his role here for the away side. Goodluck guys.

Re: Europa League Quarter Finals > Thursday April 10th

This is the first real opponent AZ faces and it will be their end for sure. Quality gap is huge and fatigue will surely play his role here for the away side
I know Benfica have a superb home record, but didn't AZ outplay them in the first half of the first leg?

Re: Europa League Quarter Finals > Thursday April 10th I've had a bet on tonight's games, 4 x trebles and the 4 timer Sevilla win Benfica win Valencia under 2.5 goals Juventus under 2.5 goals good luck. just realised reasoning required dont follow european football just an interest bet, sorry about that.

I know Benfica have a superb home record' date=' but didn't AZ outplay them in the first half of the first leg?[/quote'] Well, I watched that game live and outplayed is a rather big word. Az was doing fine but it really looked like Benfica was taking it easy. Even AZ coach admitted that after the game in an interview. In the second half they geared up and scored a fast goal after that they controlled the game pretty easy. Home or away makes a big difference for both teams. At home AZ always does well also in europe cause they operate as a tight unit and have some fast technical wingers but in the end we could see that if Benfica really wants to make something out of the game, they can do it comfortable. I expect them to dominate tonight and AZ will have huge problems if Benfica will keep the tempo high. It's maybe hard to understand for people who don't follow their league closely but AZ really is nothing special. Our league is far from great and if you are ranked around 7 or 8th than it's a real miracle you reach the top 8 in this tournament. Anzhi was just piss poor and in their group stage they also didn't face great teams. This is their first real test and I think Benfica will surely show the difference in class in the second leg!

Re: Europa League Quarter Finals > Thursday April 10th Agree with senk about the Az game. az will be tired after all the matches i believe this is number 51 or 52 of this season. Advocaat told the dutch press he will not start with an extra defender like he did in the anzi- Az game. it's not sure Beerens and poulsen can start this will be a big blow. quality gap will be too much and the home record of Benfica in europe 11 matches undefeated is impressive. benfica -1 odds 1.75 unibet Penalty taken yes odds 3.9 betfair

Re: Europa League Quarter Finals > Thursday April 10th I've added Valencia to my list tonight. They are starting with a strong starting 11 while Basel will miss Topscorer Streller 1- goals, Sio another front men with 6 goals and best midfielder Stocker also 6 goals. P degen regular defender is also out with 3 goals scored also Voser another regular defender is still injured. They are heavily weakened tonight especially offensively and they already won the first leg with 3-0. I think they will defend by numbers tonight but Valencia will surely find the net once. Basel can't keep winning in my eyes. This is a must win for Valencia and they need goals tonight. Mestalla is a great stadium and they should be fired up here. Medium stakes for me on the home win and medium stakes Valencia over 1.5 goals too. Goodluck guys!

Well' date=' decent first half guys! All 3 teams are leading and even some bets already came in! Great, hoping for a massive ending![/quote'] From what I saw of the Benfica game, they looked pretty comfortably throughout :ok