** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 7 September 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Denmark v Armenia (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Georgia v Republic of Ireland (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.14[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hungary v Northern Ireland (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.42[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.7[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Faroe Islands v Finland (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.21[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Germany v Scotland (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]18[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Gibraltar v Poland (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]34[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]18[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.07[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Greece v Romania (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Portugal v Albania (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.15[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]31[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.72 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 5 months later...

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th Georgia v Ireland The good news - Ireland have a good record against 5th seed opposition - The Irish team are still favourites. Bookies aren't mugs and all that! - The football isn't as bad to watch as when Trap was in charge - Seamus Coleman The bad news: - The atmosphere will be intimidating. Georgia get good crowds even against moderate/weak opposition. Crowd of around 25k to be expected - Georgia have a history of giving bigger teams than Ireland a bloody nose in Tbilisi. Drew against France in World Cup qualifying and Spain squeaked by courtesy of a goal in the last few minutes - The weakest group of Irish players in a generation Probable team: Forde Coleman O'Shea Wilson Ward McGeady McCarthy Whelan Brady Hoolahan/Long Keane

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th Hungary v Northern Ireland For many people this looks like a home banker and it's hard to put forward a convincing argument for a team like Northern Ireland, who have won only once (1-0 v Russia Aug 2013) in their last 10 games. That sequence included, most probably, NI's worst ever international result.....2-3 defeat v Luxembourg. So is there any hope for Northern Ireland in Hungary? I think so. Michael O'Neill (NI manager) also thinks so. He sees the current NI squad as showing 'more potential' than they've had in many years. Recent results seem to back him up. Two credible results (albeit in friendlies just prior to the World Cup) have shown that potential....Chile 1-0 NI and Uruguay 2-0 NI. In both matches the NI lads held out fairly comfortably for long periods in both games and certainly didn't seem overawed by their more illustrious opponents. NI have the luxury of a (relatively) full squad (less Johnny Evans suspended) to choose from. There's a nice mix of youth and experience around the team these days. Hungary themselves are no world beaters and, like NI in Luxembourg, suffered a memorable defeat in their history, last year (1-8 v Holland). I do not expect to see many goals in this game....and wouldn't be surprised to see a 0-0 or 1-0 either way. For punting purposes I like Under 1.5 goals (2/1 generally available) and a speculative punt on a Scorecast - Northern Ireland to win 1-0 and K Lafferty to score first (Lafferty likely to ploughing alone up front.....far and away NI's likely scorer) 75/1 Hills

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th 4pts Georgia vs RoI - Under 2 goals 1.95 BetVictor Georgia shouldn’t be underestimated in this match. They only lost 2-0 to Spain before the World Cup and held France to a goalless draw too. Generally their matches don’t contain many goals and neither do Ireland’s so I’m not expected a high scoring match here. With it being the first match in the group the focus might be on avoiding defeat so I can see a tight game which makes under 2 goals appeal. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/georgia-vs-republic-of-ireland-betting-goals-could-be-short-in-coming-in-tbilisi 4pts Hungary to win to nil 6/5 Bet365 I don’t share the same optimism about Northern Ireland that their manager does but to be fair to them they’ve shown in warm up matches for the World Cup how they can be tricky to break down but they haven’t scored in five of their last six matches and that tells a story. Hungary are improving all the time and I think they can win this and given Northern Ireland’s lack of goals the home side winning to nil appeals at a nice price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/hungary-vs-northern-ireland-betting-hungary-can-win-without-conceding 4pts Scotland (+2.25AH) to beat Germany 1.82 Bet365 With away wins over Poland and Norway and a home win over a very competent Croatia side Scotland are ticking along nicely. That said I think their unbeaten run will end here but I don’t see them being thrashed. I think Strachan sets them up well and with Germany having to get used to a couple of international retirements and possibly a new system Scotland are getting them at the right time. I think Germany will win but only narrowly. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/germany-vs-scotland-betting-scotland-can-put-up-a-brave-challenge-in-dortmund

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th Georgia v Republic of Ireland

• Ireland have won all five of their previous encounters with Georgia, never failing to score fewer than two in those matches.
  • The last international against Georgia came in June 2013, resulting in a 4-0 win for the Irish, in which Robbie Keane scored twice.
  • In fact, Robbie Keane has netted four goals in his last two appearances against Georgia.
  • Georgia have scored just three times in five matches against the Republic of Ireland, and never more than once in a game.
  • The Green Army's last three qualification campaigns have started with a win.
  • Georgia have failed to score in five of their last seven internationals.
Hungary v Northern Ireland
  • Northern Ireland have lost all four of their previous internationals against Hungary.
  • Hungary have kept clean sheets in three of their four games with Northern Ireland.
  • The only previous occasion in which the two have met in a qualification campaign came in World Cup 1990 qualifying, with Hungary picking up single goal victories over Billy Bingham's side.
  • Michael O'Neill has lost six of his last eight matches as Northern Ireland manager, drawing the other two.
  • Only one of Northern Ireland's last six qualification campaigns has started with a victory, though this was in their Euro 2012 qualification.
  • That 1-0 away win in Slovenia at the start of the Euro 2012 qualification process was Northern Ireland's last competitive away win (D3 L6).

Germany v Scotland

• Germany hold the edge over Scotland in international matches, winning six games to Scotland's four (D5).
  • The Tartan Army's last match against Germany came in September 2003, in Euro 2004 qualification. Berti Vogts' side lost 2-1 in Dortmund.
  • Scotland's last win over Germany came in April 1999 - Don Hutchinson scored the only goal in Bremen.
  • That defeat is Germany's only loss in their last 11 internationals with Scotland (W6 D4).
  • Scotland have faced the incumbent World Cup holders in their last three European Championship qualifying groups - Italy in Euro 2008, Spain in Euro 2012 and now Germany.
  • Germany have won 27 of their previous 30 qualification games for international tournament, drawing the other three

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th Hungary -v- Northern Ireland, 7th September 2014 @ 17.00 BST Hungary host Northern Ireland tomorrow evening in Budapest in the first game of the Euro 2016 qualifying campaign. Both teams come into the game with confidence that they can qualify, and break a barren spell in international football that has seen both countries fail to qualify for an international tournament since the 1986 World Cup. Hungary are arguably better prepared for such a campaign, considering they sit much higher in the FIFA rankings (34th) than Northern Ireland do, and also because they possess better individual footballers than Northern Ireland. But in a group which also includes Greece, Romania and Finland, it's going to be difficult to even finish in a third place position, and it's likely that this group will be very competitive. However, Northern Ireland shouldn't be discounted, and their FIFA ranking (95th) suggests a false assessment of their current progress under manager Michael O'Neill. Northern Ireland produced some really impressive performances and results in their 2014 World Cup qualifying group, including beating Russia 1-0 at home, and also drawing with both Portugal and Israel 1-1 away from home. Michael O'Neill has instilled a belief, confidence and organisation in the Northern Irish team that has given them a much bigger ability to pull off shocks. For so long, Northern Ireland were, for want of more appropriate word to describe them, shit. They went through some really desperate spells, and for some time they kept lowering the bar. Thankfully for Northern Irish football fans, those days are behind them, because they were dark days. The big advantage I feel Northern Ireland have over Hungary, is that the group of players have a full campaign under their belt, playing and understanding what is expected of them from their manager. Hungary are playing their first competitive game under new manager Attila Pintér, and although their preparation games have gone really well, it goes without saying that a competitive game cannot be fully prepared towards. Northern Ireland will go to Budapest tomorrow and frustrate and offer themselves as an opposition extremely difficult to break down, and I'm not convinced Pintér will have his team prepared well enough for this inevitability, nor will his players be fully suited to his style of football yet, nor do I believe Hungary even have the necessary quality to sufficiently break down the Northern Irish team. There are concerns for Northern Ireland. They're missing Johnny Evans (Manchester United) through suspension, while Alex Bruce (Hull City) has had to pull out of the squad for personal reasons. Furthermore, almost the whole of Northern Ireland's defence is without match time this season so far. This is a concern, but at least it's not further into the season, as these players are still quite fresh from the pre-season period. Alas, it may pose some problems for Northern Ireland tomorrow, and their midfield will have to work very hard. Thankfully it is in midfield where Northern Ireland are strongest, and I think they'll battle really hard with Hungary and give their defence great support. The one great strength of the Northern Irish defence is experience. With Gareth McAuley and Craig Cathcart likely to partner each other in defence, while Aaron Hughes and Danny Lafferty take the full back positions, there's a vast wealth of international and Premiership experience in that defence, and crucially they've all worked with each other a lot at international level. Hungary are without their best striker Ádám Szalai, who is now playing with Hoffenheim. He was left out of the squad by Pintér, and he has announced he will no longer play for Hungary while Pintér is in charge. This cannot be healthy for the Hungarian chances of qualification, and indeed I wonder what sort of turmoil or problems are going on behind the scenes. It seems Pintér is offering more faith in his ex-team's strikers (Gyor) than in obvious talent, and although he surely knows his own ex-players really well, and can get the best out of them, it's a different kettle of fish at international level. Still, Hungary have very good quality and experience from the likes of Balázs Dzsudzsák, Tamás Priskin and Zoltán Gera, and they all pose the most danger for Northern Ireland. In reality however, none of these players possess a stand-out ability as to really change a game, especially against a Northern Irish team who have had experience up against Cristiano Ronaldo in the last campaign. Northern Ireland +1AH is a great value bet for this game. I believe Northern Ireland could very well pull off an unlikely shock result tomorrow evening. Michael O'Neill is a very impressive manager, and he proved as Shamrock Rovers manager that he can get the best out of his players through organisation and effort. Northern Ireland may still lose this game, but it shouldn't be a drubbing. It'll likely be a very close game, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Northern Ireland get something out of the game. For the reasons I've outlined above, I'm going with the +1AH handicap. Minimum odds of 2.00 are recommended. Good luck! My tip: Northern Ireland +1AH @ 2.09 odds with Pinnacle (1 unit stake)

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th My analysis of shots on target stats for recent qualifiers (World Cup and Euro) shows Northern Ireland and Faroe Islands as possible value. Shots on target figures aren't always a reliable guide but at least provide some way of flagging up possible value. Looking at it from different angles, I think Nothern Ireland is a better prospect for some sort of value. Hungary's side are mainly domestic-based, suggesting they are not in the class of, say, Serbia or Croatia (who have players in the top European leagues). The 9 foreign-based players in the 28-man squad are at these clubs: Bolton RB Salzburg Sion Furth Dynamo Moscow Watford RB Leipzig Lech Poznan Mersin Idman Nothern Ireland have players from the 1st and 2nd tier of the English and Scottish leagues - e.g. Norwich, Aberdeen, Derby, Preston, Kilmarnock. Transfermarkt shows the value of the two squads as: Hungary £27m N Ireland £22m ... which (although the figures are only a guide) is much closer than I would have guessed. Two other people have already tipped N Ireland here, which puts me off backing them a bit (if a lot of people think they are good value they are probably less likely to be so) but despite this I think they could be worth backing on the handicap. I quite like Batig0l's +1AH bet above.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th Germany -1.5 looks like good combo material Germany lost to Argentina, but first of all in this game they will use better line up. Second, I don't see Argentina that better, in fact Germany had many chances to open the scoreline, then to find an equalizer. Argentina were clinical and only thanks to that fact they grabbed four goals. I expect good reaction from Germany, surely they will try to impress fans and beat Scotland nice and easy. Gordon Strachan is doing fine job in this team, I see some progress, but still they are nowhere near the level of Germany. Most likely visitors will try to secure goalless draw, but after they fail to do so Germany will spank them nicely. Both teams have some missings, but still hosts with such a depth should not have problems with visitors. As for H2H I don't consider it relevant at all, because the last game between these two was in 2003. Since they Scotland got only worse while Germany did a revolution in their squad selection, formation and style of play.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th

Two other people have already tipped N Ireland here' date=' which puts me off backing them a bit (if a lot of people think they are good value they are probably less likely to be so) but despite this I think they could be worth backing on the handicap. I quite like Batig0l's +1AH bet above.[/quote'] To be fair, I'm from NI and regularly attend home internationals, so I tipped them up as much with my heart, as my head! Quite surprised to see them tipped up by others on here. Normally (and usually correctly) we are labelled up as 'whipping boys'. The joy of supported a side like NI is that every once in a while we prove people wrong. I think tomorrow we can do that once again.

As for H2H I don't consider it relevant at all, because the last game between these two was in 2003. Since they Scotland got only worse....
Scotland are actually stronger now that they were in 2003 according to http://www.eloratings.net/Scotland.htm Prior to the 2003 match Scotland were rated 1624. (Germany were 1857). Scotland are now 1684 and up 17 places in world ranking in a year. So Scotland have actually improved ... the problem is Germany have improved so much more.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th 4pts Denmark (-1.25AH) to beat Armenia 2.00 Bet365 Denmark will be looking to start their campaign off strongly and I think they can do that. Armenia’s wheels have just started to come off over the last few months and I like Denmark as a side and would expect them to really challenge the qualification in this group. The likes of Christian Eriksen should be too good for this Armenia defence and the Danes have the firepower to score goals so I like them in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/denmark-vs-armenia-betting-denmark-can-see-off-armenian-challenge

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th Can't see where the confidence in N.Ireland is coming from. Yes they sometimes upset the odds against big-ish sides (like Portugal) but that's because such opposition are complacent and always expect to win easy. But those upsets are rare and don't change anything - N.Ireland haven't got near qualifying for any major tournament for a long time. They lose a lot of games - there's a reason for that. Hungary are not a big name so there won't be any complacency. They'll respect their opponents and will put 100% effort it to win the game. We all know Hungary have been underperforming for years, but recently they have been getting better - they look an improving side and will be tough opponents for most at their home. I'm very confident Hungary will win this. 8/15 isn't too bad a price either. Hungary to beat N.Ireland at 8/15

4pts Denmark (-1.25AH) to beat Armenia 2.00 Bet365 Denmark will be looking to start their campaign off strongly and I think they can do that. Armenia’s wheels have just started to come off over the last few months and I like Denmark as a side and would expect them to really challenge the qualification in this group. The likes of Christian Eriksen should be too good for this Armenia defence and the Danes have the firepower to score goals so I like them in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/denmark-vs-armenia-betting-denmark-can-see-off-armenian-challenge
Completely agree with this pick, Armenia doesn't seem the same side since Vardan Minasyan stepped down.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th Denmark - Armenia Denmark needs to win tonight because if they hope to qualify from a group with opponents like Portugal and Serbia they don't have the privilege of losing points to weaker teams. Armenia on the other hand knows they are not the favourite but they are going to fight and they still have in mind that a year ago they won Denmark 4-0. Saland, the new coach of Armenia tried different tactics in the friendly matches but he still deals with defensive problems.Armenia only won 1/5 of their friendly games. Denmark has 6/7 over 2.5 in their home and Armenia has 5/7 over 2.5 so my pick for today is Over 2.5 at 2.02 @ Marathonbet

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th To Win To Nil – Germany @ 1.78 Marathonbet World champion Germany lost at home to Argentina 4-2 last Wednesday, on a unofficial rematch of the final of World Cup. Home side had many unavailable key players (Ozil, Hummels, Boateng, Schweinsteiger, Khedira) and lets not forget that Mertesacker, Lahm and Klose dropped out of national team and that transition is always difficult. But we are talking about the best team of the planet, with a lot of talent and enough solutions to win opponents like Scotland. I see reaction from Germany, they will try to impress their fans and beat Scotland easily, probably without conceding a goal. I appreciate the work of Gordon Strahan at the visitor side, but they do not have what it takes to stand against a much better team.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th Denmark – Armenia Over 2,5 @ 2.02 Marathonbet At premieres usually teams do not make open games. Tactics are tight, everyone is trying not to lose. But here we are dealing with two offensive sides, so we expect them to score at least 3 goals totally. On the one hand, there is Denmark that is coming from 6/7 home Over 2,5 and on the other hand we have Armenia who is coming from 5/7 away Over 2,5. These records tell me something about those two teams. Denmark is pretty much the same team that failed to qualify for World Cup, but is trustworthy (at least offensively) at home. Armenia showed us big defensive problems on the latest friendly matches. The lost 3-1 to Algeria, 6-1 to Germany and 2-0 to Latvia (!). I expect many goals at this game.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th Greece - Romania Greece to win at 1.98 @ Marathonbet A difficult game for both teams tonight cause both want to be in the first place of the group and always playing the first game with your main rival is tricky plus there are not going to be any fans in the stadium-one more negative for the greek team. Greece enters a new era under the management of Claudio Ranieri who wants to prove that he can handle a national team which had many successes the last ten years.Not many changes have been made to the team after the world cup.Karagounis retired and Katsouranis and Gekas were not called.Ranieri might want to change the style and philosophy of the greek team but i don't think he is going to start from today.I believe the Greeks will one more time depend on their defense. The Romanians want also to win to take revenge for the disqualification from the world cup by the greeks and also because winning Greece will take them one step closer to the first place of the group and to the 200.000 euros they were promised if they do so.

4pts Scotland (+2.25AH) to beat Germany 1.82 Bet365 With away wins over Poland and Norway and a home win over a very competent Croatia side Scotland are ticking along nicely. That said I think their unbeaten run will end here but I don’t see them being thrashed. I think Strachan sets them up well and with Germany having to get used to a couple of international retirements and possibly a new system Scotland are getting them at the right time. I think Germany will win but only narrowly.
I'm tempted by this, but I am worried Germany will react after losing to Argentina.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th Gibraltar v Poland Being played in Faro, Portugal Poland don't win away from home often - I've counted Wales, Thailand, Belarus, San Marino and Moldova as the five countries they've beaten away from home in their last 25 away games. And they've scored an average of one away goal per game in those 25. I think this is Gibraltar's first ever qualifier. They won't expect to qualify of course - but I wouldn't be surprised if they pick up some points and respectable results along the way. They drew away to Estonia and beat Malta at 'home' earlier this year, and drew with Slovakia last year. Most of Gibraltar's players are based on the Island, with a few coming from lower league English sides like Preston and Bristol Rovers. I wouldn't be surprised if Poland get a narrow win here - say by about 2 goals. I think Gibraltar will be hard to beat as they've shown in some of their early games, and their might be some value in backing them on the handicap at current odds. Gibraltar +3.5 1.79 Marathon Stake: 2 points

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th Ireland to beat Georgia - 15 Points @ 2.40 Paddy Power Robbie Keane to score first - 5 Points @ 6.30 888Sport I firmly believe that Roy Keane is one of the reasons Aston Villa have started the Premier League so well with him being assistant there and now he will also spur on the Green Army in Tbilisi this evening as we travel over there for what is a very tough game. Georgia drew 0-0 with France in recent times, only lost 1-0 to Spain and beat Croatia in 2011 so they are not to be under-estimated but they really do lack goals. They have failed to score in 5 of their last 7 internationals. They will have 25,000 in the stadium tonight and will create a very intimidating atmosphere but if we keep possession like we have been doing in friendly games recently, we should be able to get that valuable away win. Robbie Keane should start and he looks too big a price to ignore to score the first goal given his record at International level. Northern Ireland +2 EH v Hungary - 20 Points @ 1.53 Boylesports I think the Northern Irish are being a big under-estimated here personally. There is no denying Hungary are a better side but the Irish side have some good players in their ranks like Aaron Hughes, Chris Brunt and McAuley and they are capable of causing an upset on their day. They beat Russia in the World Cup qualifiers recently and got a 1-1 draw in Portugal, a game that they very nearly won too. It looks a very open group with the Faroe Islands, Hungary, Romania, Greece and Finland to play so they will fancy their chances of getting 3rd place. I think the game will be a bit tighter than people think here today, Hungary are good but are no world beaters, that's for sure. Gibraltar +3.5 v Poland - 20 Points @ 1.79 Marathonbet For a new team, this Gibraltar side are actually not "THAT" bad. The territory have their first ever competitive international game today against Poland and they will be full of confidence coming here after a 1-0 win against Malta, their first ever victory, albeit after only 4 games. This side held Slovakia to a goalless draw , drew 1-1 with Estonia and although they lost 4-1 to the Faroe Islands, I think Poland are in for a tougher game than most would imagine tonight. They have a mixture of amateur and professional players and with absolutely nothing to lose they will make things tight enough for the Polish I reckon. I expect them to cover the handicap, Poland to win by 2 is my reckoning. Scotland +3 EH v Germany - 20 Points @ 1.62 Bwin Germany of course are going to win this game, they are the world champions playing at home against a much weaker side. However, they were very poor against Argentina in a recent friendly and although the team will look different today, the morale took a little bit of a hit that day, conceding 4 to the South Americans. Believe it or not, Scotland have gone a full year without losing an International fixture, which includes wins against Croatia, Macedonia, Norway and Poland and draws with Nigeria and the USA. They come here with nothing to lose, in form and they will be no pushovers here. They have players that play at a high level and probably have under-achieved in recent years given some of the good players they have.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th I have no idea why backing the British Isles teams is so popular. Except England, Ireland were the only team to qualify to a major tournament in the last 10 years where they were the poorest team. The British Isles teams generally achieve average to below-average results in the qualification stage and I can't see it being different this time. Every time they have well-known players from the Premier League, but apparently that doesn't help them achieve better results than teams with not so well-known players from poorer leagues.

Trust me' date=' 95% of people in the Republic of Ireland do not refer to Ireland as being part of the British Isles, so ye can go read wikipedia and abide by the dictionary for all ye like, to us we have nothing to do with Britain. Now let's get back to the football.[/quote'] I'm from Ireland, and that's absolute nonsense. :rollin It's a geographical definition. Ireland is part of the British Isles. End of.

I'm from Ireland, and that's absolute nonsense. :rollin It's a geographical definition. Ireland is part of the British Isles. End of.
Fair enough. :ok Don't understand how we are a British Isle as we are not British but anyways carry on.

Gibraltar v Poland Being played in Faro, Portugal Poland don't win away from home often - I've counted Wales, Thailand, Belarus, San Marino and Moldova as the five countries they've beaten away from home in their last 25 away games. And they've scored an average of one away goal per game in those 25. I think this is Gibraltar's first ever qualifier. They won't expect to qualify of course - but I wouldn't be surprised if they pick up some points and respectable results along the way. They drew away to Estonia and beat Malta at 'home' earlier this year, and drew with Slovakia last year. Most of Gibraltar's players are based on the Island, with a few coming from lower league English sides like Preston and Bristol Rovers. I wouldn't be surprised if Poland get a narrow win here - say by about 2 goals. I think Gibraltar will be hard to beat as they've shown in some of their early games, and their might be some value in backing them on the handicap at current odds. Gibraltar +3.5 1.79 Marathon Stake: 2 points
Think this is a good bet. I think we've all been surprised by how good Gibraltar have been so far, whenever I watch Poland I'm struck by how average they are.

Denmark – Armenia Over 2' date=5 @ 2.02 Marathonbet At premieres usually teams do not make open games. Tactics are tight, everyone is trying not to lose. But here we are dealing with two offensive sides, so we expect them to score at least 3 goals totally. On the one hand, there is Denmark that is coming from 6/7 home Over 2,5 and on the other hand we have Armenia who is coming from 5/7 away Over 2,5. These records tell me something about those two teams. Denmark is pretty much the same team that failed to qualify for World Cup, but is trustworthy (at least offensively) at home. Armenia showed us big defensive problems on the latest friendly matches. The lost 3-1 to Algeria, 6-1 to Germany and 2-0 to Latvia (!). I expect many goals at this game.
Not sure if this odds are great. if you think Armenia can score a goal you can pick Armenia to score odds 2.02 at unibet or if you think denmark will score over 2.5 goals you can get odds 2.85 on unibet. I will take the first one, expecting Armenia to score one goal. Good luck

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th I think you have to be mad to back Gibraltar, they was hammered by Faore Island's 1-4 and their domestic teams were also beaten heavily in europe. I read some things that in their friendly's the opposition were taking it easy (Faroe's, Estonia) and could of won by many more goals. They look around the same level as San Marino if not slightly better, for sure Poland are poor but they will win this game and it could be 5-6-7 goal margin in my opinion.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Sunday September 7th Scotland seem to raise their game against the big teams,i would be very wary of backing Germany on the handicap.Grit and determination will never allow them to be put to the sword,even if they are behind they will fight to the death to keep the scoreline down.Strachan has raised hopes and expectations,the results and performances he has gotten out of his squad have been a much welcome boost to the national team psyche.The fans are starting to believe again (prematurely,foolishly,unrealistic) perhaps,but there is hope that they can achieve 2nd place in this group.Our talisman and sorely missed captain Darren Fletcher is back where he belongs after a two year absence,its a huge game for him on a personal level.If Fletcher plays well,he will inspire others around him to do the same.Stevie Naismith has had a great start to the season with Everton and will always pose a danger,and tricky winger Anya on his day can go past anyone.The first 20 minutes will be crucial,if we can keep the world champions at bay,we can dig deep and believe in a miracle.The German fans were giving Gomez pelters at half time after he missed several good chances,who knows they may even have a few chinks in their armour, after the clinical finishing of Argentina last week.Just one look at the possible line ups and its a no contest but Scotland have pride in themselves again and will make Germany earn their forecast win.Germany will not win by more than two clear goals,but i am hopeful of better than that.I have done an optimistic Scotland +2 11/10 Bet 365.

Fair enough. :ok Don't understand how we are a British Isle as we are not British but anyways carry on.
To be fair, if we are getting picky about terminology......you continually refer to a team called 'Ireland'. There is no such international football team 'Ireland' and hasn't been for donkeys years. :lol: